News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Ouranosaurs have arrived. They have a few little paint blemishes, but overall they're gorgeous as hoped.

shahinos

A month ago or so I went to Brussels for the day. With some time to kill I realized they had a natural history museum, so I went and saw all the cool Iguanodons. The museum shop was excellent and had A LOT of especially Safari models, but also some CollectA and Papo. I bought these two, unfortunately didn't see the Zuul.

Then I decided to take my first run at PNSO (apart from the Spino I bought to my son a couple of years ago). Thanks to some posters, I managed to basically get the Deinocheirus for free thanks to various discounts during the Aliexpress anniversary.

I'm a bit bummed about the instability of both Deino and Oloro, but really happy with the Sucho's stability. The quality and looks are great though. The Ouranosaurus sneaked in and Haolonggood is easily my favorite brand right now, together with Eofauna, thanks to the quality-price combination. Looking forward to their next reveal!

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 10, 2023, 09:20:18 PMThat Piatnitzkysaurus is so homely! But I'll probably be compelled to get one too if I see one. This wave hasn't shown up much in the US yet. The Xuanhanosaurus looks a little more like somebody actually glanced at a reconstruction of the animal before making the toy.

Ah, I ended up returning the Piatnitzkysaurus... After sitting with it for a night, I ultimately decided that it was far too off the mark, even for Mattel (which I generally give a heck of a lot more leeway to). That'll be $15 saved for another figure then!

Libraraptor

Opabinia and Anomalocaris from a company called "Animal Paradise" . I got them from the Internet and hope they are no knockoffs.

Flaffy

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 14, 2023, 05:22:25 PMOpabinia and Anomalocaris from a company called "Animal Paradise" . I got them from the Internet and hope they are no knockoffs.

Unfortunately they are knockoffs, or more accurately direct rips of the Favorite Co. models.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Flaffy on April 14, 2023, 06:18:21 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 14, 2023, 05:22:25 PMOpabinia and Anomalocaris from a company called "Animal Paradise" . I got them from the Internet and hope they are no knockoffs.

Unfortunately they are knockoffs, or more accurately direct rips of the Favorite Co. models.

:o  :-[
How embarassing.
I think I will have to do better research before expanding my invertebrate figure collection in the future...

Fembrogon

There seem to be a number of knockoffs/bootleg listings out in the wild on Amazon, AliExpress, etc. based on invertebrate releases by Favorite and Colorata. I often see them sold as sets, and I'm sure they've been discussed on the forum somewhere before.

SidB

The PNSO Mapusaurus arrived today from Lana-Time-Shop. What a magnificent figure!

Stegotyranno420

I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but thats an absolute beast!
All of them are

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 18, 2023, 11:51:59 PMI know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but thats an absolute beast!
All of them are
That low, semi-stooping posture with the hands hanging down give it a very ominous appearance, so, yeah -it's an absolute beast, I agree.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2023, 10:39:25 PMThe PNSO Mapusaurus arrived today from Lana-Time-Shop. What a magnificent figure!quote]

Very tempting. Absolute awesome paintjob and shape in general!
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Quote from: Paleo Flo on April 21, 2023, 05:58:08 AM
Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2023, 10:39:25 PMThe PNSO Mapusaurus arrived today from Lana-Time-Shop. What a magnificent figure!quote]

Very tempting. Absolute awesome paintjob and shape in general!
It's not a bad idea, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo , to wait for a sale on AliExpress, if you do business with one or some of their merchants. The shipping is usually somewhat cheaper too, though that varies.

Sim

I recently acquired:

1. The PNSO Tuojiangosaurus.  It's actually a great figure, I think.  I like its sharpness.

2. The CollectA mini prehistoric animal tube.  Although the figures are great, I'm not really into mammals, and I got this tube for the Kelenken.  Unfortunately, the Kelenken I got had a bit of paint missing from the beak.  I wanted to get another one but the tube is out of stock from where I want to buy it from.  I hope they'll get more of it in the future.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2023, 10:39:25 PMThe PNSO Mapusaurus arrived today from Lana-Time-Shop. What a magnificent figure!

It's a mighty theropod. You would not want to mess with him. I really like PNSO's latest colour patterns.

ceratopsian

The Tianzhenosaurus pair, which arrived a few days ago:

I'll put up some other photos in my collection thread too.

Bread

For sure my definitive Tyrannosaurus model.

Had these for about a month now. My recent acquisitions as of lately, too. Finally decided to share them.

Roselaar

Some new JW additions, plus stuff I found in a second hand store:

ceratopsian

The little group of new CollectA models that reached Everything Dinosaur a couple of weeks or so ago - the others seem taken aback by the sheer bulk and size of the Ruyangosaurus!

Fembrogon

That's a very nice shot - the sheer contrast in size by the Ruyangosaurus is impressive indeed!

Jose S.M.

That sauropod is beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of CollectA but their recent large sauropods are top tier figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: