News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saarlooswolfhound

I wish prehistoric mammals got more love (as I do protomammals as well). Can't wait to see the reveal on this teaser!

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 05, 2023, 07:15:56 PMSafari just made some teases on Twitter. They said some of their influencers asked about next prehistoric reveal and that they told him they forgot the name but was a "brown weird rhino but with two horns on its head"...

Arsinoitherium, I'm guessing? It's not a rhino, but it's a common choice for toy lines and Safari doesn't have one yet.
Check out my customs thread!

Sim

Safari has produced an Arsinoitherium a long time ago now, there's an image of it in Flaffy's post.  It's retired.  They also have a mini one in one of their toobs.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm hoping it's Menoceras, or perhaps diceratherium. Safari already made a nice arsinoitherium, and I'd rather see a classic North American species represented. In any case, it's always great to see another prehistoric mammal.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Diceratherium would be a really cool toy; I sure don't recall any previous toy of that species. And I would hope that Safari knows better than to call Arsinoitherium a rhino!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

I hope its arsinotherium! I missed the 2006 ones.

TheCambrianCrusader

Honestly they could be reissuing the old Arsinoitherium like they did with the other mammals back in 2016. It's still a really nice sculpt. No idea if it still holds up tho, don't know much about that taxon

Shane

I don't want to say anything but feel like I should say something.

It is not a dinosaur.

It's a new sculpt and new genus for Safari.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I don't think dicynodonts can be ruled out given the verbiage. Placerias, perhaps? We'll see.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Thialfi

Quote from: Shane on May 06, 2023, 01:24:07 AMI don't want to say anything but feel like I should say something.

It is not a dinosaur.

Omg, I am beyond hyped for this!

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Shane on May 06, 2023, 01:24:07 AMI don't want to say anything but feel like I should say something.

It is not a dinosaur.

So its something new!? I hope tomorrow we will see it! I was expecting arsinoitherium but its not a rerelease

Flaffy

Quote from: Shane on May 06, 2023, 01:24:07 AMIt's a new sculpt and new genus for Safari.

Mildly disappointed it's not an Arsinoitherium, as I've been waiting since Walking With Beasts for an updated one.

But also eagerly looking forward to any prehistoric mammals from Safari. It's been a good couple of years since our last batch!

Saarlooswolfhound

I know I am gonna love whatever they have waiting for us.

Some wild guesses... maybe estemnosuchus? Or something from the stephanorhinus genus? Embolotherium?

Shane

Quote from: SpartanSquat on May 06, 2023, 03:22:53 AMSo it's something new!? I hope tomorrow we will see it! I was expecting arsinoitherium but its not a rerelease

The next reveals are coming later in the month. But I don't think they'll be from Prehistoric World.

I don't have a solid date for the next PW reveal unfortunately.

TheCambrianCrusader

It is not a dinosaur.

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 06, 2023, 01:41:47 AMI don't think dicynodonts can be ruled out given the verbiage. Placerias, perhaps? We'll see.
I don't think it's likely but I'm drooling at the thought of a safari Placerias

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Saarlooswolfhound

Can't wait for June then!

SpartanSquat

From what I read nobody guessed correctly. One of my candidates is the menoceras, the little rhino

Saarlooswolfhound

I watched a video recently on rhino evolution. I am very curious what they selected to present!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: