News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 05, 2023, 04:29:06 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 05, 2023, 07:10:53 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 04, 2023, 06:46:29 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 04, 2023, 05:54:23 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I got the Giganotosaurus and Mapusaurus yesterday and I'm happy with both, although I prefer the Giganotosaurus.  The Mapusaurus is gnarlier than the Giganotosaurus and when its mouth is closed you can still see some of the pink connective tissue.  The Giganotosaurus is higher quality I feel, although the Mapusaurus is high quality too.

Would you say the Giganotosaurus has better sharper details? Or better / more precise paint apps?

the giga has a bit more attention to detail, for example my meraxes and mapu has misspainted teeth , my giga is perfect. i do only hate how fragile they all are combined with being unstable, a single 10 cm fall and all the folds on the leg have paintchips and flaking, say what you want about wilson but he could take a beating with his scales.

I have issues with the stands. I can't seem to find the sweet spot that allows both feet on the ground as well as using the stand as a tripod.  My Mapu just fell over on his side for no reason at all with the stand under him.   It does make one nervous about higher shelves.
You're not alone, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , every PNSO theropod of mine relies on some other mode of support in addition to the plastic rods, whether on high shelves or lower ones. I simply don't trust them unequivocally.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 12:54:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 05, 2023, 04:29:06 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 05, 2023, 07:10:53 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 04, 2023, 06:46:29 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 04, 2023, 05:54:23 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I got the Giganotosaurus and Mapusaurus yesterday and I'm happy with both, although I prefer the Giganotosaurus.  The Mapusaurus is gnarlier than the Giganotosaurus and when its mouth is closed you can still see some of the pink connective tissue.  The Giganotosaurus is higher quality I feel, although the Mapusaurus is high quality too.

Would you say the Giganotosaurus has better sharper details? Or better / more precise paint apps?

the giga has a bit more attention to detail, for example my meraxes and mapu has misspainted teeth , my giga is perfect. i do only hate how fragile they all are combined with being unstable, a single 10 cm fall and all the folds on the leg have paintchips and flaking, say what you want about wilson but he could take a beating with his scales.

I have issues with the stands. I can't seem to find the sweet spot that allows both feet on the ground as well as using the stand as a tripod.  My Mapu just fell over on his side for no reason at all with the stand under him.   It does make one nervous about higher shelves.
You're not alone, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , every PNSO theropod of mine relies on some other mode of support in addition to the plastic rods, whether on high shelves or lower ones. I simply don't trust them unequivocally.

It's odd that they seem too tall usually to do any good? I considered trimming them back but afraid type of plastic might crack orjust break with cutting.

Bread

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon you could always get the stand accessories set on their amazon site. They have a variety of sizes.

SidB

So far, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , the ones that I've cut have endured that without breakage.

Bread

15% off for selective PNSO figures on Amazon (United States only as far as I know).

ceratopsian

What did you use to cut them with, S @SidB?
Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 06:06:05 PMSo far, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , the ones that I've cut have endured that without breakage.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 06, 2023, 08:35:57 PMWhat did you use to cut them with, S @SidB?
Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 06:06:05 PMSo far, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , the ones that I've cut have endured that without breakage.
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , here's a couple of snapshots of the very small but effective saw that I have used to cut the rods without any grief. A bit rusty, but still trusty. After cutting, I carefully file down the edge, rounding it off slightly, so as to avoid scratching the figure.

ceratopsian

Thialfi

Thanks S @SidB! Was considering doing the same since, indeed, the supports often don't fit, but feared cracking as well. Going to give it a shot soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd have to find something similar. Are you cutting down the bottom of the pole or the top? Just curious as you mentioned it could scratch the figure?

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2023, 02:49:39 AMI'd have to find something similar. Are you cutting down the bottom of the pole or the top? Just curious as you mentioned it could scratch the figure?
You caught me in an error here - no, of course I cut the bottom of the pole, naturally. I smooth the bottom of the pole so as to get rid of any burrs that would hinder putting it back into the hole, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon . I stand corrected!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on May 08, 2023, 04:40:31 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2023, 02:49:39 AMI'd have to find something similar. Are you cutting down the bottom of the pole or the top? Just curious as you mentioned it could scratch the figure?
You caught me in an error here - no, of course I cut the bottom of the pole, naturally. I smooth the bottom of the pole so as to get rid of any burrs that would hinder putting it back into the hole, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon . I stand corrected!

No worries at all. It is possible to take a bit of the top as it were if need be I'm sure. I've also placed a figures foot on the base before to try and let it hold the stand in place by itself.  That mixed results.  The most stable I think is the female Rex, in that pose she's not going anywhere. lol

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2023, 06:52:36 AM
Quote from: SidB on May 08, 2023, 04:40:31 AM

No worries at all. It is possible to take a bit of the top as it were if need be I'm sure. I've also placed a figures foot on the base before to try and let it hold the stand in place by itself.  That mixed results.  The most stable I think is the female Rex, in that pose she's not going anywhere. lol
Yeah, Andrea is a classic matriarch, very stable!

Jorgesaurus

Does anyone know if they will make more dinosaurs pnso this 2023?

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on May 12, 2023, 11:40:59 PMDoes anyone know if they will make more dinosaurs pnso this 2023?

PNSO releases throughout the year with a reveal every dew months I think June is when we get our next reveal

HappyHen

Happy Hen Toys now has in stock:

Mungo the Meraxes
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-69-mungo-the-meraxes.html

and

Mila the Mapusaurus
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-68-mila-the-mapusaurus.html

I have emailed PNSO to see if they will provide a preview as to what is coming for 2023
I will post an update upon their reply.

Kevin

Quiversaurus

Quote from: HappyHen on May 13, 2023, 02:58:37 PMHappy Hen Toys now has in stock:

Mungo the Meraxes

and

Mila the Mapusaurus

I have emailed PNSO to see if they will provide a preview as to what is coming for 2023

Kevin

Nice, thanks for asking. Looking forward to their update!

HappyHen

Quote from: quiversaurus on May 13, 2023, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: HappyHen on May 13, 2023, 02:58:37 PMHappy Hen Toys now has in stock:

Mungo the Meraxes

and

Mila the Mapusaurus

Kevin

Nice, thanks for asking. Looking forward to their update!

So I heard back from PNSO.  They will have a new Dinosaur Museum Series model
available for HHT to order shortly, but at this point they will not tell us
what it is or send us pictures.  They do like to hold it close to the vest
as you can tell.

Concerning the rest of the year, I asked if any more were anticipated and
they said yes, but they would not tell me how many or when as it
will "depend on the speed and status of the factory production".

Sorry I do not have any more specific, but that's the info direct from them
at this time.

HHT

Halichoeres

Thanks for sharing that, avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen. Some news is certainly better than none!  I'm relieved to hear there is a model in the offing, and not just the cards they have posted up recently.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: