News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 09, 2021, 01:06:00 AM
Normally if you ask a seller to do that, they instead massively increase the price of the desired item. You were extremely lucky.
He was aware of what he was selling, he knew the name of the Stenonychosaurus when I asked him about it. He has a Lambeosaurus with light wear on sale for 70€. A bit more expensive the mint ones, but I thought it was a fair price. He sold me the Stenonychosaurus figure for the price I asked for it. A very honest seller. I fact I ended buying him the set I asked the figure from, too.  ^-^ So being honest sometimes ends in a very good sale.

Libraraptor

Congratulations on that lucky and fair deal! Always nice to know some other Invicta-maniacs around.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Crackington on March 09, 2021, 07:59:59 AM
avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken - see page 4 of this thread for an explanation for why they made a blue whale. Essentially it is due to the long association with the museum and it being a major drawer there.

I can only surmise that it would have been too big and expensive to make in scale. Most 1970s kids wouldn't have been able to afford it as the sauropods were already a stretch requiring deeper pockets.

thanks! that explains a lot...and yeah its true it would have been a huge heavy figure for a toy...maybe an elephant would have been a better option for scaling.

Duna

Hi, in order to make this post very complete, I think we should add all the variation of the figures, if you have them.

I'll start by posting these, I have two complete Invicta collections and I have been lucky to have differences in some of the figures.

Invicta stenonychosaurus with grey base and brown base:

And a mammooth with yellowish tusks and other with white:

Libraraptor

JohannesB

I have only one complete series and no variants, except this one home-made one (by M. Garratt) :P

SidB

Ah, the "Garattized" dinosaurs are wonderful. I picked up my Steno for peanuts at a thrift shop - quite a coup!

Libraraptor

Duna

Shonisaurus

Nice troodon from Invicta repainted, Martin Garratt has left it spectacular as with all his artistic works. You are a lucky one. I'm glad for you.

Karauak

Anyone can say something about these stencils?

Libraraptor

As I said,  I have a few of them,  but I don't have any clue about their origin. Would be interested in finding out more.

And I found two very expensive white ones on ebay UK:
 Iguanodon

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154210951008
and Tyrannosaurus :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264950999127

Similar stencils by Early Learning Center were offered,  too:

https://picclick.co.uk/6x-Vintage-Early-Learning-Centre-Dinosaur-Stencils-302917498671.html

Karauak

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 21, 2022, 08:48:58 PMAs I said,  I have a few of them,  but I don't have any clue about their origin. Would be interested in finding out more.

Can you show me what you have? I am curious what other shapes and colors exist

Retrosaurus

Here is something bizarre. It's a mammoth that's jet black with a bit of white marbling, but just to add to the strangeness it is made out of rubber. My understanding is that the rubber/soft plastic Invicta models are only white or transparent, aren't they? If anyone has any ideas about what this could be I'd love to hear them.

Duna

That's a cool figure!  ^-^ Yeah, from what I know the painted or prepainted version base should be of translucent rubber.

SidB

Quote from: Retrosaurus on May 09, 2023, 02:47:36 AMHere is something bizarre. It's a mammoth that's jet black with a bit of white marbling, but just to add to the strangeness it is made out of rubber. My understanding is that the rubber/soft plastic Invicta models are only white or transparent, aren't they? If anyone has any ideas about what this could be I'd love to hear them.

It certainly looks like an Invicta, as opposed to the old Funrise copy that was an orangey brown and slightly smaller.

Karauak

After a month of fighting, I managed to bring him to Poland!
The original Invicta stand in perfect condition, along with a set of dinosaurs (in a condition I have not seen!)

Retrosaurus

Quote from: Karauak on August 30, 2023, 01:50:37 PMAfter a month of fighting, I managed to bring him to Poland!
The original Invicta stand in perfect condition, along with a set of dinosaurs (in a condition I have not seen!)

K @Karauak This is absolutely incredible! How on earth did you get one!?

Crackington

Yes, that is an amazing catch, congratulations!

Would also love to hear how you came by it if you are able to share.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Crackington on August 30, 2023, 10:35:58 PMYes, that is an amazing catch, congratulations!

Would also love to hear how you came by it if you are able to share.

If I'm not mistaken I saw that set on eBay UK a while ago. Perhaps is the same I saw...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: