News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

One arrived before I went on a trip, the other was found during the trip.

PrimevalRaptor

Surprisingly found some Mattel stuff at a store on sale so I finally picked up the Megaraptor. Been a big fan of the sculpt and colors from the first reveal on but was always a bit on the fence due to the price and it falling in the "a bit large" category. Definitely one of Mattel's best ones imo, colors are simple but cool looking and it's got style (even if the feet are very big)

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. PNSO 2023 Giganotosaurus.  It's very nice!

2. CollectA 2023 Mosasaurus.  It's huge!  And heavy too.  I think it's the biggest figure I have.  I was surprised its teeth are interlocking and they aren't completely covered by lips when the mouth is closed.

3. PNSO Mapusaurus.  Another nice figure, but I don't know why jaw connective tissue is still visible when its mouth is closed.  I appreciate how sharp its hand claws are.

4. PNSO museum series Stegosaurus.  I'm only interested in the adult.  Its plates are surprisingly thin and 5 of them were warped.  There was some warping in the tail spike area too.  I wasn't surprised by the warped plates as I'd seen other peoples' copies like that.  I used a hair dryer to heat the warped parts and the tail spike area warping disappeared straight away.  Surprisingly, I had to use some gentle force on the plates to restore their shape.  In the end I got rid of all the warping and the figure was undamaged.  It was worth it as I like this figure very much.  It's stunning and my favourite of the PNSOs I recently acquired.  Stegosaurus stenops becomes the second species I have more than one of in my collection.

5. TNG Cryolophosaurus.  The details on it are high quality, but the paintjob looks different from the promotional image of it and it looks somewhat cheap.  I'm not keeping this figure.

6. Another CollectA mini prehistoric animals tube.  I finally got a Kelenken that was painted well!  ...And then I accidentally dropped it.  I gave it a wash and after drying it I checked it and it looked undamaged.  By my calculations the Kelenken is around 1:45 scale.  I would be happy if someone made a larger version that's good.  I'm aware of CollectA's larger Kelenken and I think it's not great.  Maybe one will be in Beasts of the Cenozoic?

7. Haolonggood yellow Tianzhenosaurus.  Its paintjob is seriously impressive.

8. Haolonggood Pentaceratops, the darker one of the two colour variants.  I'm very impressed by this figure.  Its size is impressive and its heavy!  I'm very happy with it and it replaces two figures in my collection: the Favorite Pentaceratops, and the Favorite Bistahieversor which wasn't in great shape from the start.  Those two Favorite figures don't fit in my collection anymore, now that the Haolonggood has raised the standard.

I'd now mostly like smaller figures for my collection.  The Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Mosasaurus and Pentaceratops are all very big figures and I don't have a lot of space left.  Smaller figures would fit in well in gaps around the larger figures.  I'm looking forward to smaller figures from Wild Past (still intend to get a large Plateosaurus though!), Beasts of the Mesozoic and Haolonggood!

EmperorDinobot

Oh look! Non-Jurassic, non BOtM figures managed to squeeze in to the collection! My first Sega! I always wanted to get those Dino King figures. I remember when they were all the rage back when this forum began, but they cost an arm and a leg to acquire due to shipping costs...or something.

Saarlooswolfhound

That's a great plesiosaur, congrats on all! What brand is the therapod?

EmperorDinobot

The theropod is a vintage Schleich Allosaurus.

Saarlooswolfhound

It was giving me vibes of their old line... thank you!

BlueKrono

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot The SEGA is my favorite paint job of any plesiosaur. I have a few resin kits and for their paint I intend to replicate it. I have a very well done JW Plesiosaurus painted this way that I picked up on eBay a few years ago. It's truly a beautiful piece.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

EmperorDinobot

I didn't know the figure was so beloved! It is a wonderful color scheme. Maybe I can acquire more, get a line goin...I mean a shelf going. I do need a space for more dinosaur action figures that are not jp related or botm related.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on May 04, 2023, 10:22:19 PMI've acquired the following:

7. Haolonggood yellow Tianzhenosaurus.  Its paintjob is seriously impressive.

So true Sim! I was shocked when I opened my package holding the Nasutoceratops, Ouranosaurus, and Tianzhenosaurus. And out of the three, the Tianzhenosaurus shocked me the most! I congratulate you on your acquisitions, too.

Roselaar

A friend got me this trio from his holiday in France. It's good to have awesome friends like that! :)

MLMjp

One day, non-Mattel figures will appear on my recent acquisitions posts, one day...

Meanwhile, this is going to be a packed month for JW Mattel.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cryolophosaurus model

I love how calm this piece is..makes me .. "yawn" want to take a nap.

ceratopsian

Wonderful to see an artist choosing such a different pose for a change!  Let's have more sleepy dinosaurs please!

TooOldForDinosaurs

This model is just STUNNING!  :o

Stegotyranno420

The Cryolophosaurus seemed to have been stunned by his own beauty.
Seriously, this is one of mh favorite Cryolophosaurus depictions

Roselaar

Picked up some superb new Collectasaurs and a lovely Paposaur at my local dino dealer this week!:

Jose S.M.

Oh how much I envy those who can pick nice prehistoric figures from a physical store! Congrats on those new ones!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 11, 2023, 02:01:06 PMOh how much I envy those who can pick nice prehistoric figures from a physical store! Congrats on those new ones!

I would give much for a store with non-Schleich figures of prehistoric animals ::)

SidB

My turn to praise Haolonggood for another terrific release, the Tianzhenosaurus ... here in it's bluish/green shading, and it's a real beauty. Plus a comparison shot with a few relatively recent and classic ankylosaurids -

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: