News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Love that tail whip! Very impressive, at last we are getting a classic and quality big sauropod.

Faelrin

Not that I have any of their figures on hand to compare it to, but I'm guessing this is pretty big? I wonder how it would compare with either Rebor's or Eofauna's recent Diplodocus figures, and maybe the older classic Safari Ltd (2010) or Papo ones too?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Tempting... But I already had my fix of grey sauropods with the CollectA Ruyangosaurus and Mamenchisaurus, along with both PNSO Mamenchisaurus. Not to mention Safari's also grey Apatosaurus.

Looking forward to seeing the brown colour scheme, which has the more striking patterns.

Carnoking

Cat's out of the bag! Time for more photos please ;D

Stegotyranno420

Instagram link of other colotation.
I am on mobile right now
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsVC0qALf8-/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I love him and I would get it for my birthday

Fembrogon

Quote from: Faelrin on May 17, 2023, 03:31:58 AMNot that I have any of their figures on hand to compare it to, but I'm guessing this is pretty big? I wonder how it would compare with either Rebor's or Eofauna's recent Diplodocus figures, and maybe the older classic Safari Ltd (2010) or Papo ones too?
The Dicraeosaurus pictured is 14 inches long, so that's definitely a big Apato - looks like it's closing in on 20 inches straight, similar in size to a classic Carnegie sauropod.
I'm kind of dreading what the price tag will be...

Abobo

Fembrogon

55 cm (21.5 inches) - I was close!!

Man, that really does look gorgeous. I appreciate how very different the color schemes are.
Does the snout look unusually broad to anyone else?

Blade-of-the-Moon

If I get one it will certainly be the brown version since as mentioned there are so many grey sauropods gracing my shelf already.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 17, 2023, 06:10:19 AM55 cm (21.5 inches) - I was close!!

Man, that really does look gorgeous. I appreciate how very different the color schemes are.
Does the snout look unusually broad to anyone else?

I don't think so, Apatosaurus has a pretty broad skull especially around the mouth region.

Do we know which species exactly? Doesn't really look like A. Ajax, maybe Louisae again? 

Quiversaurus

Wow I am not a big fan of sauropods but this guy has such a presence. I'm actually considering getting one.

I especially like the gray one (the brown one is quite reminiscent of the Nasutoceratops and Pentaceratops), what a beast!

Does anyone know what those little round bulbs under its neck are? Reminds me of the ones on the Dreadnoughtus on Prehistoric Planet, but am not sure...

Remko

Quote from: quiversaurus on May 17, 2023, 07:21:22 AMDoes anyone know what those little round bulbs under its neck are? Reminds me of the ones on the Dreadnoughtus on Prehistoric Planet, but am not sure...

Probably scutes. Apatosaurs had a broad and very powerful neck.
Scutes, especially pointed ones could have been useful in combat or in pushing down trees.

Apatosaurus was a bruiser. In my opinion, if you would compare them to modern day wildlife, Diplodocus was probably similar to a wildebeest, very gracefull. While Apatosaurus was more like a cape buffalo, bulky and with a bad temper. You did not want to mess with that animal.

ceratopsian

Well it's not too big! My initial preference is for the brown - but I would like to see some sharp, hi-res photos of the grey/green.  I suspect it is a more nuanced colour scheme than is visible in the slightly fuzzy publicity shots.

TheImmortalEye

do we know of the price yet. its beyond gorgeos but 55 cm ( seemingly solic pvc) sounds like a ton of shipping costs

vampiredesign

Does the big guy like it? 15kg It's a bit heavy, and the shipping cost is also terrifying.But it's a wish list for players.This is quite risky for us.
Continue working and prepare for the next surprise.

postsaurischian

Around USD $100. Some take a bit more, some take a bit less.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 17, 2023, 09:13:57 AMAround USD $100. Some take a bit more, some take a bit less.

is that accounting for international or before shipping ( example im from germany and almost all pnso cost the same, but the lingwulong is+25 bucks more just for shipping)

ceratopsian

I do indeed like him very much V @vampiredesign.  15kg is super heavy!!  I hope your risk pays off.  I shall certainly be buying one of these.

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 17, 2023, 09:12:40 AMDoes the big guy like it? 15kg It's a bit heavy, and the shipping cost is also terrifying.But it's a wish list for players.This is quite risky for us.
Continue working and prepare for the next surprise.

ceratopsian

Jurassic Zoo Store on AliExpress already has it up priced at around £82 (plus VAT if applicable), plus £0.26 shipping.  A small discount on that too.

shahinos

Must be 1,5 kg? I just checked Atlasaurus and Safari's Camarasaurus, they both weigh around 500 gr.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: