News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remko

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 17, 2023, 01:56:19 PMI think that's bigger than 1:35, but we'll see. I think I'll go for it. The more marbled version reminds me of Bullyland's Apatosaurus, although considerably dolled up!

Apatosaurus was about 5,2 to 5,7 meters tall with the neck/head held upwards. The figure is 16 cm tall, which svales to 5,6 meters.
Standing length is said to be 55 cm (19,25 meters) but that's not including the bent in the tail.

Perfectly acceptable measurements for an average animal in 1/35th scale.

Lynx

I really want this figure, but that pricepoint is too high for my budget (not complaining, merely unable to get it).
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on May 17, 2023, 02:12:27 PMUp on Amazon now as well. $150. Not surprised with how big it is. Definitely looking forward to seeing you folks get this one. I'm partial to the grey one, if only because it reminds me of the smaller (I think 14 inch) Safari Ltd Apatosaurus.
Wait I am confused. Why are there offers that are only kn the 50$-60 range when their official page is $150. I feel like all my hopes for getting this flushed down the drain

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 17, 2023, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on May 17, 2023, 02:12:27 PMUp on Amazon now as well. $150. Not surprised with how big it is. Definitely looking forward to seeing you folks get this one. I'm partial to the grey one, if only because it reminds me of the smaller (I think 14 inch) Safari Ltd Apatosaurus.
Wait I am confused. Why are there offers that are only kn the 50$-60 range when their official page is $150. I feel like all my hopes for getting this flushed down the drain

prices vary based on reseller , 150 is quite high , most i saw even for me were 120 ( 90 -110 US), the ones for less are missing the box - easier but riskier to ship

Remko

Probably because when you buy it on AliExpress, you basically get it right out of the factory.
With Amazon it has been shipped there first, and then they need to ship it to your location, and they need to make a profit out if it as well.

Plus, labor is still pretty cheap in China.

ceratopsian

The prices I quoted from one shop on AliExpress were in sterling, not dollars avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420. But I agree, it's still quite a distance from $150. AliExpress is an odd environment for pricing. Models always seem to be offered at a sizeable discount from the quoted "full" price. But even the quoted full price in sterling wouldn't quite get you up to $150. We are short of several pieces of information to assess this difference, eg Amazon fees to the seller versus AliExpress fees, or the impact of competition between several stores offering the same product. But quite a few other things might influence that difference.

postsaurischian

:D  I just got the Pentaceratops and I'm really positively surprised by its heftiness. Bigger than I've expected!
      ..... and I'm glad I chose the orange version :) . Haolonggood continues to thrill me!

ceratopsian

"Thrill" is definitely the right word, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  I felt just the same as you about the unexpected heft when I unboxed mine.  And I've just come indoors from having a little photoshoot with my pair of alpha males!

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 17, 2023, 03:49:39 PM:D  I just got the Pentaceratops and I'm really positively surprised by its heftiness. Bigger than I've expected!
      ..... and I'm glad I chose the orange version :) . Haolonggood continues to thrill me!

Stegotyranno420

Well I certainly hope it does get cheaper,  Aliexpress offer is right out of my range/budget of 55 USD. Might settle on something else. Thanks for the information .
This is definitely still a beautiful one.

Thialfi

It's fantastic. So pretty and impressive. I need to see if I have space for it, but I am beyond tempted.

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 17, 2023, 04:02:48 PMWell I certainly hope it does get cheaper,  Aliexpress offer is right out of my range/budget of 55 USD. Might settle on something else. Thanks for the information .
Remember there are big sales on Aliexpress a few times a year. Members including myself will alert when these sales are apparent.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 17, 2023, 10:42:06 AMI just came home from work and saw this. Immediately jumped on eBay and ordered the brown version from La-na. Cost a small fortune but damn, this is a gorgeous Sauropod figure.

If you can wait and order direct from their website prices are usually a little better since they aren't paying eBay fees.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2023, 04:28:20 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 17, 2023, 04:02:48 PMWell I certainly hope it does get cheaper,  Aliexpress offer is right out of my range/budget of 55 USD. Might settle on something else. Thanks for the information .
Remember there are big sales on Aliexpress a few times a year. Members including myself will alert when these sales are apparent.
I guess, hopefully around the time of my Birthday.(July)
Alternatively i could wait for PNSO sauropods or get another theropod(Mapusaurus or ML Spinosaurus).
But I vastly appreciate the effort  to alert others avatar_Bread @Bread

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Remko on May 17, 2023, 08:04:50 AM
Quote from: quiversaurus on May 17, 2023, 07:21:22 AMDoes anyone know what those little round bulbs under its neck are? Reminds me of the ones on the Dreadnoughtus on Prehistoric Planet, but am not sure...

Probably scutes. Apatosaurs had a broad and very powerful neck.
Scutes, especially pointed ones could have been useful in combat or in pushing down trees.

Apatosaurus was a bruiser. In my opinion, if you would compare them to modern day wildlife, Diplodocus was probably similar to a wildebeest, very gracefull. While Apatosaurus was more like a cape buffalo, bulky and with a bad temper. You did not want to mess with that animal.

Thanks for the breakdown! I never knew Apatosaurus was known as a bruiser, that's an interesting perspective to look at it, especially in contrast with Diplodocus...

ceratopsian

In the end I ordered from My Online Toy Store, the brown version with box.  I seemed to be able to apply slightly higher loyalty discounts to their store price than if I used Model Toy Center.  But not much in it...  Once I'd factored in the 20% UK VAT, it came to almost £78.  So now I just wait....

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 17, 2023, 06:00:24 PMIn the end I ordered from My Online Toy Store, the brown version with box.  I seemed to be able to apply slightly higher loyalty discounts to their store price than if I used Model Toy Center. .......

I had been buying a lot of PNSO figures from both sellers for about two years without any problem.
 Unfortunately both won't sell to Germany anymore, I can't say why. Something seems not to be right with the German's reputation internationally.
 I swear it's not my fault :'(  ;D !!

ceratopsian

How annoying for you, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian - and baffling too. They are the two firms I use the most often.

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 17, 2023, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 17, 2023, 06:00:24 PMIn the end I ordered from My Online Toy Store, the brown version with box.  I seemed to be able to apply slightly higher loyalty discounts to their store price than if I used Model Toy Center. .......

I had been buying a lot of PNSO figures from both sellers for about two years without any problem.
 Unfortunately both won't sell to Germany anymore, I can't say why. Something seems not to be right with the German's reputation internationally.

Over9K

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 17, 2023, 06:37:10 PMI had been buying a lot of PNSO figures from both sellers for about two years without any problem.

Probably an issue with German Post. There are currently a handful of countries that Japan Post won't ship to, due to those countries' postal services' covid restrictions still, which are constantly changing. Perhaps Germany has some new postal regulation that means China Post can't/won't ship there.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Over9K on May 17, 2023, 06:58:52 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 17, 2023, 06:37:10 PMI had been buying a lot of PNSO figures from both sellers for about two years without any problem.

Probably an issue with German Post. There are currently a handful of countries that Japan Post won't ship to, due to those countries' postal services' covid restrictions still, which are constantly changing. Perhaps Germany has some new postal regulation that means China Post can't/won't ship there.

One might think so, but most other sellers on AliExpress do still ship to Germany via China Post.
There must be another reason :-\ .

ceratopsian

I would try asking them if there is a "contact the seller" option.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: