News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

So glad to finally have some photos of both variants. Loving what I'm seeing from both, although the coffee variant is the easy choice for me at the moment. That said, I'm excited to see some inevitable reviews and higher res images of each down the line here.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just ordered the "orange" version from Lana for 95.00 no tax and free shipping. Not a bad deal at all.

Jose S.M.

Those Apatosaurus look beautiful! I'm very happy Apatosaurus received some attention after being a bit overshadowed by Diplodocus and Brachiosaurus.

SidB

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 17, 2023, 09:12:40 AMDoes the big guy like it? 15kg It's a bit heavy, and the shipping cost is also terrifying.But it's a wish list for players.This is quite risky for us.
Continue working and prepare for the next surprise.
Yes, V @vampiredesign , I'm sure that there is a substantial risk involved in launching this big figure into the marketplace. This is no doubt the same risk that has held back Safari and even CollectA from going all out with 1/35 major sauropods. I applaud you for taking that risk. On my part, I'm taking the plunge and supporting Haolonggood by purchasing the orange Apatosaurus.

Flaffy

Not too convinced by that head sculpt personally. The eyes feel like they're set a bit low, and not sure about the prominent ridge above the eyes. The head might not be square enough? But I'll wait for reviews and in-hand pics before commenting further on accuracy. I personally don't think the white sclera works that well either, gives a rather shocked/surprised look. I think I'll repaint mines to have a dark sclera with a yellow iris.

The rest of the body looks spectacular though. Both versions as per Haolonggood tradition are tempting. Grey is certainly a classic colour for Apatosaurus, and reminds me of Fred's majestic artwork.

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on May 18, 2023, 12:44:46 PMThe rest of the body looks spectacular though. Both versions as per Haolonggood tradition are tempting. Grey is certainly a classic colour for Apatosaurus, and reminds me of Fred's majestic artwork.

It's funny, I instantly thought of When Dinosaurs Roamed America's interpretation.

When it comes to media and artwork, it appears that grey or brown is a common colorscheme for Apatosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Green would have been an interesting choice as well. Very retro feeling as well.

SidB

Just ordered the orange Apato for My Online Toy Store for 104.41 cdn total including shipping. Considering that the Canadian dollar is currently sitting just above 70 USD, I'm pleased.

Sim

I would like to get one of the Haolonggood Apatosaurus, but I don't know which colouration I prefer for it!  I'm happy it got made.

Samrukia

Quote from: SidB on May 18, 2023, 03:17:25 PMJust ordered the orange Apato for My Online Toy Store for 104.41 cdn total including shipping. Considering that the Canadian dollar is currently sitting just above 70 USD, I'm pleased.

would you mind sharing a link? for some reason new products are not shown for me in the shop, only with a direct link

UPD
https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=tXQOZIl

Thialfi

Some in hand shots:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras

It's so pretty. What a presence. I am holding out a bit until it becomes a bit more widely available but I feel it's inevitable this beauty will grace my collection.

Bread

In hand, the grey variant actually looks much better. Leans me towards not having it repainted after all.

ceratopsian

I had a strong suspicion that the publicity shots weren't doing the grey scheme justice.

Quote from: Bread on May 19, 2023, 12:25:00 PMIn hand, the grey variant actually looks much better. Leans me towards not having it repainted after all.

Fembrogon

The is looking a little gaunt around the eyes, but the shape of the snout looks more normal now. The skin detailing looks as fine as ever.

I think I'm leaning towards the grey variant in this case, too.

SidB

Very nice indeed, though I still prefer the orange. Either way, a winner.

Halichoeres

I have to say they managed to make the gray look reasonably lively, although I think I'll still get the striped one. The group photo also makes it look a little more like it might be a true 1:35, which I was skeptical of at first.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

God, both of those colors look so good.

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 04:25:18 PMI have to say they managed to make the gray look reasonably lively, although I think I'll still get the striped one. The group photo also makes it look a little more like it might be a true 1:35, which I was skeptical of at first.

Same, lol. I'm still leaning towards the striped, but the gray looks so good I almost feel bad NOT getting it.

Does anybody have a head-on view sort of like Fred's work? I'm curious as to exactly how wide it's neck is.

Quote from: Flaffy on May 18, 2023, 12:44:46 PM

Flaffy

The grey one looks really nice as well dang... Really brings out that classic retro Apatosaurus vibe.
Kinda wish it had some subtle dark grey patternings on it though. Interested to see how the grey version compares with Safari's Apatosaurus, and CollectA's Ruyangosaurus & Mamenchisaurus.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Thialfi on May 19, 2023, 12:08:40 PMSome in hand shots:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras

It's so pretty. What a presence. I am holding out a bit until it becomes a bit more widely available but I feel it's inevitable this beauty will grace my collection.

Thank you for the in hand pics! They confirm my initial sensing - that the gray is more subtle and understated but no less beautiful, and even more attractive to me.

I really like that there's the little painted 1:35 human with the rifle for scale too, it helps so much for visualisation. I myself have a 1:35 scale guy with binos~

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on May 19, 2023, 04:43:33 PMDoes anybody have a head-on view sort of like Fred's work? I'm curious as to exactly how wide it's neck is.

There aren't any among the product photos, but I think the ventral view in the photos Thialfi posted gives me a pretty good idea of the neck's width.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: