News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

The Tyrant King has arrived.

This is a piece I've wanted for a while now, and it does not disappoint. It retains Safari's signature style while also being much more detailed than their standard figures.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 18, 2023, 11:15:57 PMThe Tyrant King has arrived.

This is a piece I've wanted for a while now, and it does not disappoint. It retains Safari's signature style while also being much more detailed than their standard figures.
It is interesting. Is this a high end model from Safari?

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 18, 2023, 11:56:59 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 18, 2023, 11:15:57 PMThe Tyrant King has arrived.

It is interesting. Is this a high end model from Safari?
It's a Safari Primal - see the review avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 .

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 It's the first and only entry in Safari's Primal! line, which was an experiment in higher-end collectible models. The tyrannosaurus came out in 2001 or so and was limited to 5000 pieces.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MLMjp

Another 2 down, 4 more to go.

Fembrogon

That's a very nice catch, avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus - a perfect early Renaissance/Greg Paul-ian T. rex rendition. I had forgotten Safari had experimented in this way.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

My two Pentaceratops from Haolonggood battling it out:

I'll put up a few more photos in my own collection thread - but probably not till tomorrow now.

SidB

need4swede

"Protecting the Nest" by SP Art Projects

- Swede

ceratopsian

Libraraptor

Random flea market finds :)

SidB

Almost an acquisition - received a notice while I was away that my Haolonggood Pentaceratops had arrived at the condo. Got home at 11 pm: no package, GONE! Argg! Why can't they use regular post, slow but sure, better than these fly-by-night delivery services who don't use the mail's delivery box.

ceratopsian

Ouch - how infuriating, S @SidB.

Quote from: SidB on May 20, 2023, 12:45:17 PMAlmost an acquisition - received a notice while I was away that my Haolonggood Pentaceratops had arrived at the condo. Got home at 11 pm: no package, GONE! Argg! Why can't they use regular post, slow but sure, better than these fly-by-night delivery services who don't use the mail's delivery box.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 20, 2023, 12:46:25 PMOuch - how infuriating, S @SidB.

Quote from: SidB on May 20, 2023, 12:45:17 PMAlmost an acquisition - received a notice while I was away that my Haolonggood Pentaceratops had arrived at the condo. Got home at 11 pm: no package, GONE! Argg! Why can't they use regular post, slow but sure, better than these fly-by-night delivery services who don't use the mail's delivery box.
It happens enough so that the annoyance starts to get somewhat less acute. I immediately blunted the pain by ordering the alternate orange version from Dans. Definitely a coping mechanism.

Sim

Well, I've acquired my first Eofauna figure, the Diplodocus!  It's longer than I thought it would be and just barely fit in the space I had for it plus a bit more space.  If it had been 1:35 scale it would have been too big for me, I think I understand now why Eofauna made it in 1:40 scale.  It replaces my Wild Safari Diplodocus, a figure that I still like, but I like the Eofauna version more.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on May 20, 2023, 05:45:09 PMWell, I've acquired my first Eofauna figure, the Diplodocus!  It's longer than I thought it would be and just barely fit in the space I had for it plus a bit more space.  If it had been 1:35 scale it would have been too big for me, I think I understand now why Eofauna made it in 1:40 scale.  It replaces my Wild Safari Diplodocus, a figure that I still like, but I like the Eofauna version more.

I really need to get that Diplodocus... I had been putting it off for so long because I was hoping PNSO would come out with their version, which I was also hoping would have a more erect neck than Eofauna's, and perhaps it'll have better details considering the amazing work PNSO did on the Lingwulong. But that being said, it's no doubt Eofauna's is the best on the market in terms of accuracy. The musculature is superior to Rebor's version afterall.

Do Eofauna Diplos still have the running QC issue of scuffed face paint? I recall a lot of the initial reviews for it have paint scuffs on the mouth region.

Flaffy

Finally got around to opening these three boys, same parcel from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur with the CollectAs a week or two back.

These are among the best theropods PNSO's put out. Fantastic colours (especially on the Meraxes), great details and high degree of accuracy; save for the lips of course. I'm guessing the reason why Mungo and Mila being the same price despite the former being a smaller figure, is because of the budget being allocated towards Mungo's truly spectacular paint scheme. Very bold and unique, never would I have thought cool colours like that would work on a megatheropod, yet here we are. Unfortunately my Meraxes won't stand out of the box, so I'll have to do some hot-water treatment to fix any warping issues.

The observation that Lucas has better crisper detail than Mila is very apparent in person. Seam lines and flashes are far less obvious on Lucas compared to Mila and Mungo; and noticeably less detail smudging as well. Guess the premium price of the Museum Series isn't entirely unjustified, but I absolutely could do without the excessive bells & whistles that comes with it.

If I could only choose one, I'd have to go for Mila. Powerful pose, interesting patterns and great species choice. All the while being larger and cheaper than his Museum Line counterpart. Great value for money that one.

Sim

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, my Eofauna Diplodocus did have some areas on the head where paint had been scuffed, but it was minor and doesn't bother me at all.  Congratulations on your new acquisitions, and nice photos!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: