News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Rain on May 23, 2023, 11:41:46 AMTune in next month to meet Johnathan the T rex, an all new T rex sculpt from PNSO, complete with lips!

Now that I would be tempted by.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Rain on May 23, 2023, 11:41:46 AMTune in next month to meet Johnathan the T rex, an all new T rex sculpt from PNSO, complete with lips!
You're joking, right?

Rain

Quote from: SidB on May 23, 2023, 12:15:03 PM
You're joking, right?

Probably not, at this point

TheImmortalEye

im still keeping hopes up they do a scientificly accurate dilophosaurus or ceratosaurus this jear, theire popular enough yet lack accurate models ( their cerato is old)

i would also eat a deer whole if they make megalosaurus , he needs an accurate figure badly and is important part of dino history, even if hes so fragmentary

SRF

Based on a tweet of PNSO, Cameron is Wilsons father. I wasn't sure if Cameron was a male or female name (because of Cameron Diaz actually) so there's that.
But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SRF on May 23, 2023, 03:11:28 PMBased on a tweet of PNSO, Cameron is Wilsons father. I wasn't sure if Cameron was a male or female name (because of Cameron Diaz actually) so there's that.

i mean that opens up some cool storytelling, esp if u wanna keep wilson in the display od the rexes then camerons one old grandpa

Bread

Quote from: SRF on May 23, 2023, 03:11:28 PMBased on a tweet of PNSO, Cameron is Wilsons father. I wasn't sure if Cameron was a male or female name (because of Cameron Diaz actually) so there's that.
Now that makes me so confused regarding the inclusion of Sue's skull?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 23, 2023, 03:15:32 PM

i mean that opens up some cool storytelling, esp if u wanna keep wilson in the display od the rexes then camerons one old grandpa

I prefer David Krentz's take on an older Rex for Sideshow, this one doesn't "look" old ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on May 23, 2023, 03:18:59 PM
Now that makes me so confused regarding the inclusion of Sue's skull?

It's not known ( to my knowledge) whether SUE is really a male or a female. So names don't matter a lot unless they make one laying eggs.

SRF

They've included Sue's skull because the figure is based on that specimen. Since we're not sure what gender Sue was in real life, PNSO can make up any story they want for the "character" they've created.
But today, I'm just being father

Jose S.M.

One can always dream and what I dream for PNSO is a flood of very nice non theropods in the near future just like the flooded us with giant theropods recently.

Fembrogon

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 23, 2023, 02:02:04 PMim still keeping hopes up they do a scientificly accurate dilophosaurus or ceratosaurus this jear, theire popular enough yet lack accurate models ( their cerato is old)

i would also eat a deer whole if they make megalosaurus , he needs an accurate figure badly and is important part of dino history, even if hes so fragmentary
Dilophosaurus is the one large theropod right now I actively WANT to see PNSO tackle; a "definitive" dilo has yet to be released by any company, imo.
Ceratosaurus or Megalosaurus, esp the latter, would certainly be fine too, though.

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 23, 2023, 04:55:36 PMOne can always dream and what I dream for PNSO is a flood of very nice non theropods in the near future just like the flooded us with giant theropods recently.

They've done this before, they release similar types of dinosaurs in bunches, when they released the new Giga I predicted that there would be more theropods on the way even though they've already done a lot of them...I'm certain it has to do with sales too, they probably get a bigger return on these theropods? IDK, just a theory...

I can't believe I'm typing this as much as I love T-rex, but I would've rather they made a nanuqsaurus, ceratosaurs, or daspletosaurus.  I'm sure that they'll get around to making those at some point as much as they love to make theropods.

About the new Cameron, I like it a lot and I will be getting it, the "Sue" skull is a nice touch.  I passed on winter wilson but this is pretty much everything that I wished winter wilson had been.  I can kind of see what some one said about the pose reminding them of the original wilson.  That said, the tail pose on this is a lot more convincing. 

My only concerns with this figure is that PNSO continues to model oversized teeth, I get it that they probably made this before the latest studies on lips were published, but do the teeth have to be so over scale?  outside of that this figure has one other thing that I wanted to ask you guys about.  To me, it seems from the photos that the forelimbs are set really far apart from each other.  Would the bone structure in the chest area even allow for them to be that far apart?  Maybe it's just an optical illusion from photos but it stood out to me.  Aside from those two small things I like the pose, and I like how sharp the paint seems to have been applied everywhere except for the teeth.  I can deal with the color having a 'familiar' look to it as long as the paintwork is well executed.  It is disappointing that such an expensive figure would have sloppy paint application on the teeth.  I feel like I'm going to have to touch this figure up a bit to get the teeth and the claws to look the way I want them too, that should never be the case with a museum line piece IMO... 

Eatmycar

Sim

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 23, 2023, 04:57:37 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 23, 2023, 02:02:04 PMim still keeping hopes up they do a scientificly accurate dilophosaurus or ceratosaurus this jear, theire popular enough yet lack accurate models ( their cerato is old)

Dilophosaurus is the one large theropod right now I actively WANT to see PNSO tackle; a "definitive" dilo has yet to be released by any company, imo.
Ceratosaurus or Megalosaurus, esp the latter, would certainly be fine too, though.
I'd like a Dilophosaurus and Ceratosaurus from PNSO too.  It would be interesting if Haolonggood made lipped versions of them and PNSO made lipless versions, these two dinosaurs look good in both ways.  I think I would get both Haolonggood's and PNSO's versions of these two dinosaurs.  I definitely agree regarding Dilophosaurus lacking a definitive version, and I find it surprising considering its popularity.

Most of the posts on Facebook under the announcement for Cameron are about lips.  I wonder if PNSO will give lips to their theropods from now on?  If not, Spinosaurus would be a good choice for them to make as it is the dinosaur least likely to have had lips.

BlueKrono

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Remko on May 22, 2023, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 12:04:35 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 22, 2023, 11:44:49 AMI see that this one is named Cameron, not Wilson.

Because the Lingwulong also has some kind of lips and even a beak.

the lingwulong ngl makes me loose sleep at night XD . cause ur right and wrong, it does have skincovering lips and also the pseudobeak, yet they decided to have the upper teeth stick out as if its lipless....while having the beak. so jeah im no blind defender idk wtf they sometimes thinking

I just got the Lingwulong this week, and I think it's phenomenal. I'm super pumped to get a never-before-produced dicraeosaurid, and PNSO really knocked it out of the park on the detail. One of my favorites they've ever done.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

Quote from: Eatmycar on May 23, 2023, 06:36:24 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on May 23, 2023, 05:20:57 PMNew T. rex already has a store page up on Amazon. $74.99.

https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Cameron-Tyrannosaurus/dp/B0C3B2QZQP

Yikes at that price.
Yet it doesn't surprise me.

Now how come the recent Doyle the Triceratops came with a skull too but was only ~$60? Kind of annoyed by PNSO's choice here.

Even with a sale, this new Tyrannosaurus will still be at about $60.

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on May 23, 2023, 05:20:57 PMNew T. rex already has a store page up on Amazon. $74.99.

https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Cameron-Tyrannosaurus/dp/B0C3B2QZQP

And there's an even bigger reason for me not to buy it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Yeeeesh, £60... Definitely in no rush getting this one if that's the price they're playing at.

Are we still excusing the sloppy teeth then based on this information? O:-) There's literally no excuse not to have a more high quality paint job with this release, considering they did so well with the Carcharodontosaur trio.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: