News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2023, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 28, 2023, 05:34:55 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2023, 01:59:55 AMI know they're not Mattel but I need to vent a little about how hard it is to find the Captivz eggs. I came across some Dominion ones recently at a Walgreens and Walmart, but their stock of them was almost gone and in the case of Walgreens once they were gone they didn't get more. I was hoping to find some JP30 or hatchling eggs so I decided to go on a dedicated egg hunt today.

I looked at the Captivz website and saw a list of places to find them. Target and Five Below were on the list but I've never seen them there and go to those stores often, so I didn't bother with those. I went to two different Family Dollars, Big Lots, and a Walmart I rarely visit. NOTHING! One Family Dollar had an empty Dominion Captivz box, and that was it. I'm frustrated and officially giving up on these damn eggs. And the Walmart also had the same tired old Mattel stuff. The only new stuff were the Epic Attack Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus. So tired of these wasted trips.

Five Below only ever had the Hatchling Captivz that I've seen. The 30th Ann. ones I've found only at Walmart and they seem to have dried up except for a few of the larger eggs. I haven't seen any of the Wave 2 pieces for that line that are turning up on eBay. 

Which Dominion ones were you looking for? I bought a quantity of the eggs but I'm about out of those. I do have a lot of open/loose figures though.

The Lystrosaurus is the only Dominion figure I really want. There are others I like too but I don't need them.

I had several and have sold a few. I'll double check if there are any left.

SBell

Quote from: Flaffy on May 26, 2023, 02:19:28 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on May 25, 2023, 10:58:28 PMIs there anyone outside the US having better luck with finding one? Alternatively does anyone here have access to Fred Meyers? Not fully sure if they have it in stock online there, but they won't ship to me anyways, as I'm in PA.

Took me quite a while to find the Nothosaurus as well. They were in stock briefly at local Smyths and Entertainer toy stores, but quickly went out of stock as demand was so high. Plenty of shelf warming Xuanhanosaurus and Piatnitzkysaurus though O:-) .

The series that contains it has been in Canada where I live for about a month --but as many people noted, the Nothosaurus is the first to run out. That said I did see some recently

Carnoking

I have a few spare Dominion and 30th Anniversary Captivz figures. No Lystrosaurus unfortunately but if there were any others you had a hankering for you can let me know and I'll see what I have.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on May 28, 2023, 10:41:26 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi
I have a few spare Dominion and 30th Anniversary Captivz figures. No Lystrosaurus unfortunately but if there were any others you had a hankering for you can let me know and I'll see what I have.

Thanks for the offer. I'm good though. There's nothing else I'm really pursuing hard. Mostly just wishing I could find them myself and buy one once in awhile.  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2023, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 28, 2023, 10:41:26 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi

Thanks for the offer. I'm good though. There's nothing else I'm really pursuing hard. Mostly just wishing I could find them myself and buy one once in awhile.  :P

I found one. I'll PM you.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: SBell on May 28, 2023, 05:40:41 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 26, 2023, 02:19:28 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on May 25, 2023, 10:58:28 PMIs there anyone outside the US having better luck with finding one? Alternatively does anyone here have access to Fred Meyers? Not fully sure if they have it in stock online there, but they won't ship to me anyways, as I'm in PA.

Took me quite a while to find the Nothosaurus as well. They were in stock briefly at local Smyths and Entertainer toy stores, but quickly went out of stock as demand was so high. Plenty of shelf warming Xuanhanosaurus and Piatnitzkysaurus though O:-) .

The series that contains it has been in Canada where I live for about a month --but as many people noted, the Nothosaurus is the first to run out. That said I did see some recently

I live in Canada too, so far I've seen the Nothosaurus and baby Brachiosaurus appear as loners among multiples of Austroraptors and Elaphrosaurus in two different Walmarts. I've only ever seen the Tupandactylus and Xuanhanosaurus once and snagged them.

For Captivz, I've only ever seen the Fallen Kingdom wave, and Dominion Waves 1 and 3. Oh, and the big ones few of us care about.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Fierce changers are such a waste of plastic. I might have been able to sell them in my shop for 4-5.00 as a novelty.

I know kids like action features though..they seem to get bored very quickly otherwise.

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Flaffy

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on May 30, 2023, 10:49:02 PM

Makes me wish this was the Siamosaurus sculpt instead, am a fan of the tail paddle... Though I mean, I can always pretend that it's a Siamosaurus...

Flaffy

"She was always my favorite when I was a kid and now I see she's the most beautiful thing I ever saw."

MLMjp

Legit my most anticipated release from Mattel this year.

Can't wait

Prehistory Resurrection

First official image of the Legacy Collection Mamenchisaurus.

Prehistory Resurrection

A new release for the Epic Attack Line, the Walmart-exclusive "Final Clash Pack", likely inspired by the Jurassic Park Visitor Centre showdown. Yet another T-Rex and raptor. I feel this was a wasted opportunity from Mattel to create a Legacy Collection Visitor Centre Showdown playset. We already have a LC playset with 2 raptors, the iconic banner, Hammond and Sattler, but this time it would be an opportunity to create a playset with the proper characters in the scene and the complimentary diorama. Oh well....

andrewsaurus rex

Mamench looking better than I was expecting.  Looking forward to seeing more pics......and most likely getting it.  :)

MLMjp

I skipped the Dreadnoughtus, because space reasons.

But Mamenchisaurus, despite having less screen time than Dread, is a much more iconic species...

My parents will kill me...

CityRaptor

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 01, 2023, 07:14:31 PMI feel this was a wasted opportunity from Mattel to create a Legacy Collection Visitor Centre Showdown playset. We already have a LC playset with 2 raptors, the iconic banner, Hammond and Sattler, but this time it would be an opportunity to create a playset with the proper characters in the scene and the complimentary diorama. Oh well....

A Visitor Center would be a way different price class...and not something you would have someone fickle like Walmart handle.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: