News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2023, 08:15:39 AMHas anyone else heard that Haolonggood doesn't actually have CE certs for their products, and the CE markings on their figures are fraudulent?

Saw this alleged on FB...

Oh, that would be a no-go if that rumors are tue >:(
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 07, 2023, 09:07:56 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2023, 08:15:39 AMHas anyone else heard that Haolonggood doesn't actually have CE certs for their products, and the CE markings on their figures are fraudulent?

doesnt seem that unlikely and ive seen worse done by chinese companys ( what comes to mind is how they fucked over dinohazard, making unauthorised copies and basicly tanked their company)

im not big into geopolitics and all figures arrived fine thru eu-zoll, so whats the issue with them being fake?

Over9K

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 07, 2023, 09:07:56 AM

This was posted on FB in the Dinosaur Model Collectors Group, redacted, but later in the thread attributed to Everything Dinosaur, responding to the question of why ED doesn't currently stock Haolonggood.

Over9K

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 07, 2023, 09:22:16 AMim not big into geopolitics and all figures arrived fine thru eu-zoll, so whats the issue with them being fake?

They could potentially be made of toxic materials.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2023, 09:36:03 AM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 07, 2023, 09:22:16 AMim not big into geopolitics and all figures arrived fine thru eu-zoll, so whats the issue with them being fake?

eh im an aliexpress platin buyer, so that prob applies to 99 percent of purchases

PROB A GOOD IDEA TO NOT LICK THE FIGURES THOUGH XD

Over9K

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 07, 2023, 09:37:35 AM

eh im an aliexpress platin buyer, so that prob applies to 99 percent of purchases

I'm not good with a company lying to me about it's product. I'm also not to keen on being part of the problem of unethical trade practices. I can skip a few figures and not enable these companies with my money. Rubber dinosaurs are cool, but global fair trade is cooler.

You may not be big into geopolitics, but those of us in the West should probably prepare for the very real possibility of trade sanctions being imposed upon China in the not-too-distant future. It may soon become difficult to buy and import toy dinosaurs from China. 

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2023, 09:46:24 AM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 07, 2023, 09:37:35 AM

I'm not good with a company lying to me about it's product. I'm also not to keen on being part of the problem of unethical trade practices. I can skip a few figures and not enable these companies with my money. Rubber dinosaurs are cool, but global fair trade is cooler.

You may not be big into geopolitics, but those of us in the West should probably prepare for the very real possibility of trade sanctions being imposed upon China in the not-too-distant future. It may soon become difficult to buy and import toy dinosaurs from China. 

that last part is * sadly * why i do get them, since at any moment china can decide to do some stupid shit ( cough taiwan cough) and then ill have to say goodbye to the whole hobby basicly.
i reaally dont like the treatment of workers etc, but there is no ethical consumerism under capitalism, most things at the supermarket are made by poor abused workers, monkeyslaves and enslaved indian sweatshopworkers.

and i myself am too dirtpoor to afford the nio greener stuff

postsaurischian

This has been common practice for years. "CЄ" means that the manufacturer or importer affirms the goods' conformity with European standards. "C Є" means "Chinese Export" (more space between the C and the E). It's a Chinese trick to establish their products on the European market. I stopped thinking about that because economies are criminal worldwide and I wouldn't know where to start. By the way, I do not have children and I don't take my figures in the mouth.

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2023, 09:46:24 AM....... not to keen on being part of the problem of unethical trade practices. .......

Well, if you eat and drink you automatically are. There's no escaping it. Today's world is in a mess.

Paleo Flo

I got a bad feeling about HLG...
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 07, 2023, 10:05:55 AMThis has been common practice for years. "CЄ" means that the manufacturer or importer affirms the goods' conformity with European standards. "C Є" means "Chinese Export" (more space between the C and the E). It's a Chinese trick to establish their products on the European market. I stopped thinking about that because economies are criminal worldwide and I wouldn't know where to start. By the way, I do not have children and I don't take my figures in the mouth.

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2023, 09:46:24 AM....... not to keen on being part of the problem of unethical trade practices. .......

Well, if you eat and drink you automatically are. There's no escaping it. Today's world is in a mess.

it may be a good mention to not give any pnso , haolongood figure to kids below the age of 6, theire models,break easily, they have sharp spikes and edges aswell as easily flaking as seen maybe even toxic paint, escept the eofauna giga as he can take a beating and is safe.

Bread

Although I do appraise the word of Everything Dinosaur or Mike very high, I would like to see V @vampiredesign word of this claim.

Stegotyranno420

I have decided to not buy this product, and this gives more reason not to. Does PNSO also do this?

Leyster

I think that, as usual with these things, too many people are jumping to conclusions far too quickly. We have a screen with the author's name deleted. I too could create something like that, it would't even be difficult: y'all would believe me?

Also, even if the screen is true, we have actual Haolonggood members here, so before jumping to conclusions it'd be at least fair to read their say.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 01:52:04 PMI have decided to not buy this product, and this gives more reason not to. Does PNSO also do this?
To each their own.
Regarding PNSO, and I am not a spokesperson whatsoever for them, but I can assume that they do not take upon this practice. Everything Dinosaur distributes them, so does DansDinosaurs, so I think its safe to say they do not partake in this practice.

Again, I will wait for V @vampiredesign to really inform us regarding this issue. I wonder if this is the reason for the delay in a reveal lately. Usually by now we would have received another reveal.

Quote from: Leyster on June 07, 2023, 02:20:21 PMI think that, as usual with these things, too many people are jumping to conclusions far too quickly. We have a screen with the author's name deleted. I too could create something like that, it would't even be difficult: y'all would believe me?

Also, even if the screen is true, we have actual Haolonggood members here, so before jumping to conclusions it'd be at least fair to read their say.
Exactly! Thank you Leyster!

Renecito

Quote from: Leyster on June 07, 2023, 02:20:21 PMI think that, as usual with these things, too many people are jumping to conclusions far too quickly. We have a screen with the author's name deleted. I too could create something like that, it would't even be difficult: y'all would believe me?

It's in a public post on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/posts/pfbid02iKzqaYmk6edw6s4ws5JCtNSP5MFhqcb5XrwFmDbFvSfu11gcPqLAetbd2mWc1Nx7l
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Thialfi

Honestly, I kind of shrug at this, even if it is true. 

No kids will ever come close to my collection and I won't be licking my models, or put my hands in my mouth after touching them. As for the legality, I'm also kind of unbothered since I'm living in a world and system where ethical consumption is a myth anyway.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Bread @Bread Good to hear. By the way, the main reason i decided to not pursue this one was the hefty price, and I realized I could buy two smaller(but still very large and detailed) figures than the sauropod. Besides I expect PNSO or maybe even CollectA to put out similarly sized figures for lower or similar price. But the new thing about CE was kind of "the cherry on top" if you will. Still is a beautiful figure, absolutely love the Brontosmashers on it, but yeah....

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 02:48:49 PMavatar_Bread @Bread Good to hear. By the way, the main reason i decided to not pursue this one was the hefty price, and I realized I could buy two smaller(but still very large and detailed) figures than the sauropod. Besides I expect PNSO or maybe even CollectA to put out similarly sized figures for lower or similar price. But the new thing about CE was kind of "the cherry on top" if you will. Still is a beautiful figure, absolutely love the Brontosmashers on it, but yeah....
There's nothing wrong with that. I congratulate you on acquisitions regardless. Even I have to decide choosing one model or so over another. It happens. And I completely understand the hesitation.

My whole issue was the jumping to conclusions after the constant appraisal this company has been receiving by the community, yet when something occurs that has yet to be disclosed by one of the members of that company we instantly put them down. Once vampiredesign has spoken, answers will come forth which will then resolve the comments and whether or not they should be rightfully purchased. Till then, they have my support.

BlueKrono

[First attempt to post this lost thanks to those nefarious red letters]

I have a 1 year old, and despite my best efforts to put things high up he still manages to get ahold of Daddy's toys sometimes. I worry about my Imperial dinos from the early 90's and anything from China in the 2020's for the same reason: lead.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Leyster

Quote from: Renecito on June 07, 2023, 02:27:43 PM

It's in a public post on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/posts/pfbid02iKzqaYmk6edw6s4ws5JCtNSP5MFhqcb5XrwFmDbFvSfu11gcPqLAetbd2mWc1Nx7l
Anyway, this still stands:
QuoteAlso, even if the screen is true, we have actual Haolonggood members here, so before jumping to conclusions it'd be at least fair to read their say.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: