News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 10:18:40 AM

"Albertosaurus"

No idea if this is real or representative of the final model - just saw it on Facebook.

edit: added in another picture, definitely seems to be real
So the bottom is Albertosaurus and the top is Gorgosaurus?

Definitely getting both, but I can understand the complaints for these two being oh so similar. And I know these aren't in hand model pics, but the coloration is way too similar too.

Edit: I was wrong! Thank you for the clarifications!

Thialfi

Quote from: Bread on June 12, 2023, 01:08:53 PM

"Albertosaurus"

No idea if this is real or representative of the final model - just saw it on Facebook.

So the bottom is Albertosaurus and the time is Gorgosaurus?

Definitely getting both, but I can understand the complaints for these two being oh so similar. And I know these aren't in hand model pics, but the coloration is way too similar too.
The top one also says "Albertosaurus", I assume that's a render of sorts.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 01:14:43 PM

"Albertosaurus"

The top one also says "Albertosaurus", I assume that's a render of sorts.

hes right the gorgosaurus has till now only been leaked in name i think

SRF

These two are both Albertosaurus. This sculpt was the bottom one on a picture of two Tyrannosaur prototypes, the other one being Gorgosaurus.

PNSO released the Tyrannosauroid puzzle posters last year, which also has a "Tristan the Gorgosaurus". On the artwork Tristan at least has a more blueish color scheme. Hopefully that means that the figure itself gets some more unique colors as well. 
But today, I'm just being father

CARN0TAURUS

"Albertosaurus"

The top or first (running) image we saw already in the leaked teaser missing it's lower jaw (page 53), the consensus seemed to be that it represented Albertosaurus.

The second (bottom on your post) image is a different pose that we hadn't seen yet, it's not the same pose as the yellow prototype seen photographed above the Albertosaurus teaser leaked on page 53.  The consensus on that yellow one was that it was thought to be Gorgosaurus.  One possible explanation is that they are either releasing the Albertosaurus as a pair OR that they made an alternate pose and one of the two will be the new Albertosaurus?  I suppose it could also be yet another genus besides gorgo and Alertosaurus too.

thomasw100

So soon all these tyrannosaurs will start eating each other, given the increasing absence of herbivores to eat. PNSO should now make a run of sauropods, at least 3 to 4 different ones. This will make people happy.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2023, 01:28:59 PMSo soon all these tyrannosaurs will start eating each other, given the increasing absence of herbivores to eat. PNSO should now make a run of sauropods, at least 3 to 4 different ones. This will make people happy.

releases Edmontosaurus

Cameron : looks like Meats back on the menu boys.

SRF

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS the two images in avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi's post seem the same model to me, only the second one is mirrored.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2023, 01:28:59 PMSo soon all these tyrannosaurs will start eating each other, given the increasing absence of herbivores to eat. PNSO should now make a run of sauropods, at least 3 to 4 different ones. This will make people happy.

That's a group that they've never had a run in. This is like the 3rd maybe 4rth run on theropods.  It kind of depends on whether you want to lump Lucas and pals with Cameron and pals as all part of one huge run.

Thialfi

avatar_SRF @SRF the leg that's kicking back on the top one seems so be further to the back than on the actual model. Makes sense it doesn't sport this stance since it would prevent it from being able to stand up by itself. That's why I suspect it's a render.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 01:41:28 PMavatar_SRF @SRF the leg that's kicking back on the top one seems so be further to the back than on the actual model. Makes sense it doesn't sport this stance since it would prevent it from being able to stand up by itself. That's why I suspect it's a render.

in the teaser image (page 53 lower jaw missing) it was the bottom prototype, so they must've intended to make the running one past the render stage.  perhaps if it couldn't stand they went to an alternate more conventional pose? 

SRF

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 01:41:28 PMavatar_SRF @SRF the leg that's kicking back on the top one seems so be further to the back than on the actual model. Makes sense it doesn't sport this stance since it would prevent it from being able to stand up by itself. That's why I suspect it's a render.

Could definitely be a render. That also explains why the head is turned in opposite directions in both pictures.

Flaffy

Top:
Albertosaurus
Model reconstruction

Bottom:
Albertosaurus
Scientific artwork model image

The top pose is consistent with the jawless leak, with the right leading leg planted and the left leg trailing behind. I suspect the second is simply a render as well.

Carnoking

Love the pose but whyyyyyy did they have to do brown stripes on brown again? I can hardly tell the difference in color between this and the Das

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Carnoking on June 12, 2023, 02:08:50 PMLove the pose but whyyyyyy did they have to do brown stripes on brown again? I can hardly tell the difference in color between this and the Das

i have a faint hope itll shine in hand more, like sinraptor .
boring in pic- one of my fav in hand.

then again why always brown, do smth more, do jetblack for example with irredescence , dark green, blue, use patterns of modern predators except striping

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Flaffy on June 12, 2023, 01:48:51 PMTop:
Albertosaurus
Model reconstruction

Bottom:
Albertosaurus
Scientific artwork model image

The top pose is consistent with the jawless leak, with the right leading leg planted and the left leg trailing behind. I suspect the second is simply a render as well.

The running pose is the one I'm most interested in, I really hope they were able to pull it off.  I'll be buying all of these figures but the running one is going to be special.  Normally dynamic poses like that are only seen in resin figures.

Medzo

Quote from: SRF on June 12, 2023, 10:54:22 AMI purchased Cameron this morning and I got quite a discount on him. I paid 66 euro for him, this includes the VAT for importing goods from outside of Europe. For those who consider purchasing him, now is definitely a good time.

Anyone got a working Ali coupon code?

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Carnoking on June 12, 2023, 02:08:50 PMLove the pose but whyyyyyy did they have to do brown stripes on brown again? I can hardly tell the difference in color between this and the Das
I agree, the paintwork is too similar to the Daspletosaurus.  they could have done the similar pattern but used greens, greys, yellows, blues, etc.  I have a feeling I will be tinkering with these just a tiny bit just to give them a distinct flavor

Bread

For anyone wondering, PNSO's Aliexpress shop has both the Daspletosaurus and Lythronax available. Both are $38.99 (then there is the shipping fee).
Edit: Neither are part of the sale unfortunately.

LanaTimeShop has the Lythronax and Daspletosaurus listed as well. Both are $38.99 with free shipping. However, won't ship until after June 26.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Medzo on June 12, 2023, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 12, 2023, 10:54:22 AMI purchased Cameron this morning and I got quite a discount on him. I paid 66 euro for him, this includes the VAT for importing goods from outside of Europe. For those who consider purchasing him, now is definitely a good time.

Anyone got a working Ali coupon code?
u dont need code the sale applies automaticly, additional coupons are disabled usually

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005601240208.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_topSellerIng.8148356.7.1bb25da4tvbcBr&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2489.24%21US%20%2475.85%21%21%21%21%21%40211b88f016865781132145836ed13e%2112000033707740866%21sh%21DE%210

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: