News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo: New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, February 08, 2023, 01:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I rarely feel nostalgic about stuff, but that certainly did it. Good times those were. Honestly I do miss playing that and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I think it is interesting to see another sitting T. rex figure, and with juveniles after the PNSO ones.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dusty Wren

I saw that set in Brett's email this morning, and I gotta say, this is the first time in a long time that I've been tempted by a rex figure. I love the pose, I love the juveniles, and I am utterly charmed by the little team of zookeepers.
Check out my customs thread!

Thialfi

Such a charming set.

Unfortunately model building isn't exactly my forté, let alone painting. Alas, I'll be rooting a tiny little bit for a pre-constructed set in the future.

CityRaptor

Nice set. Yeah, painting would be a problem for me, too.
There are more pictures of it here:
https://twitter.com/digitamin/status/1643550568567414784

I wonder if it is inspired ( but not directly based on ) by the Manga "Dinosaur Sanctuary"
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Another ARTPLA kit, this time just three juvenile rexes. Two are the same as the ones in the larger kit.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd like more caretaker/dino sets for sure.

postsaurischian

One really good thing about Kaiyodo's ARTPLA series is that all figures are truly in scale with each other :) .

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 01, 2023, 01:53:28 PMOne really good thing about Kaiyodo's ARTPLA series is that all figures are truly in scale with each other :) .

@postsaurichian
What scale are those, that sitting rex is a must have for me, I dn't care how small it is...

postsaurischian

Halichoeres

The solid burgundy color gives it some Invicta vibes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 01, 2023, 07:01:45 PMavatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS: Scale is 1:35
 Available here for example: https://www.hlj.com/1-35-scale-artpla-researcher-and-tyrannosaurus-set-kyd19022

Oh wow, that makes me want it even more.  I'm definitely going to order that.  the pose looks really believable.

Stegotyranno420

A good price given modern standards, especially for a multi piece set

Remko

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 01, 2023, 07:33:34 PMThe solid burgundy color gives it some Invicta vibes.

It's a kit, so the single color is just the assembled figure before paint.

Just found out about these sets, and will order all of them. Will look great as a comparison of extinct and living animals due to the scale.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Remko on June 21, 2023, 08:47:52 PMJust found out about these sets, and will order all of them. Will look great as a comparison of extinct and living animals due to the scale.

I got me sets 1, 2 & 4 (Lion, Giraffe & Elephant) just for comparison reasons :) . The Elephant is the first to get painted.

Gwangi

I love that sitting T. rex, a much more convincing posture than PNSO's. I wouldn't even bother painting it, as an Invicta and Marx collector I enjoy the monochrome. All that said, I doubt I'll ever get it.  :-\

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 21, 2023, 10:04:22 PM
Quote from: Remko on June 21, 2023, 08:47:52 PMJust found out about these sets, and will order all of them. Will look great as a comparison of extinct and living animals due to the scale.

I got me sets 1, 2 & 4 (Lion, Giraffe & Elephant) just for comparison reasons :) . The Elephant is the first to get painted.

All I want is the hyena, but I can't justify the price for the unpainted model to which I cannot do justice paint wise

Halichoeres

Quote from: Remko on June 21, 2023, 08:47:52 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 01, 2023, 07:33:34 PMThe solid burgundy color gives it some Invicta vibes.

It's a kit, so the single color is just the assembled figure before paint.

Yes, I'm aware. Back in post #39 I was the person who went to the trouble of posting about it in this thread.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Is anyone aware of any places to get the Rex kit (and the other zoo sets) in the us? The closest I can find is bbts which only has the Rex, and has it listed at $70 USD while a Japanese store I found has it for a converted ~$30 USD (according to google), and I can't find any of the zoo ones outside Japan. Is it feasible to ship them overseas, and if so, how much could I expect to pay for shipping (I live right on the west coast)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 26, 2023, 07:37:47 PMIs anyone aware of any places to get the Rex kit (and the other zoo sets) in the us? The closest I can find is bbts which only has the Rex, and has it listed at $70 USD while a Japanese store I found has it for a converted ~$30 USD (according to google), and I can't find any of the zoo ones outside Japan. Is it feasible to ship them overseas, and if so, how much could I expect to pay for shipping (I live right on the west coast)

I bought my Rex set through Hobbylink Japan. I think it was around 50.00 or so with shipping? 
https://www.hlj.com/1-35-scale-artpla-researcher-and-tyrannosaurus-set-kyd19022

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Thanks! Gonna look into picking one up soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: