News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleochris's collection

Started by paleochris, October 03, 2021, 03:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: paleochris on June 24, 2023, 09:24:03 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on June 24, 2023, 09:19:18 PMI ordered me the 1:25 version of the resting Cryolophosaurus, but it's getting a different coloration.

Really? I'd only seen this color in the studio's original shade, what's the color of yours?

Mine was an unpainted kit version which I sent to Martin Garratt. It's now basically brown with a colourful tail.
 I will get it on Monday. Can't wait to take pictures :) .

ceratopsian

I find it's not solely the cost that limits my resin buying. As much as anything it's the lack of appropriate display space!

Bread

You're collection makes me so tempted to go for the resin pieces more, I've just now acquired one and I don't think I could afford to go into your route of collecting!  :o It is quite amazing!

Halichoeres

The Eomaia/Confuciusornis is the one that catches my eye most, too! Is that life-size, or maybe even a bit larger?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

paleochris

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 25, 2023, 09:18:19 PMThe Eomaia/Confuciusornis is the one that catches my eye most, too! Is that life-size, or maybe even a bit larger?

It's a 1/1 scale, life size diorama !
The whole diorama size is 40 x 50 cm.

I show you the second color scheme and the size vs hand :

postsaurischian

I don't say this very often .... but I'm envy. The Confuciusornis is just ... AWESOME!!

Is it still available?

paleochris

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 27, 2023, 03:56:12 PMI don't say this very often .... but I'm envy. The Confuciusornis is just ... AWESOME!!

Is it still available?

No sold out... there are only 45 copies but you can (hopefully) find a second-hand one in China.

Halichoeres

Thank you! The level of detail made it look even larger than it is, extraordinary!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

paleochris

Tupandactylus
M.See Studio
Scale: 1/6
This model comes in two color schemes, but this one is my favorite.

The most beautiful pterosaur ever made?

I love pterosaurs but they are rarely sculpted.
Also, every release is a small event and I try to get every model (but they are very rare and expensive...). Msee studio, probably one of the best manufacturers of resin dinosaur statues, made this superb Tupandactylus over a year ago. So far, it's my best pterosaur piece (in fact, of my entire collection), but Msee will soon be releasing new models of extraordinary pterosaurs! In more accessible versions, it would be interesting for PNSO to do so too

thomasw100

Quote from: paleochris on June 29, 2023, 07:55:37 PM

Tupandactylus
M.See Studio
Scale: 1/6
This model comes in two color schemes, but this one is my favorite.

The most beautiful pterosaur ever made?

I love pterosaurs but they are rarely sculpted.
Also, every release is a small event and I try to get every model (but they are very rare and expensive...). Msee studio, probably one of the best manufacturers of resin dinosaur statues, made this superb Tupandactylus over a year ago. So far, it's my best pterosaur piece (in fact, of my entire collection), but Msee will soon be releasing new models of extraordinary pterosaurs! In more accessible versions, it would be interesting for PNSO to do so too

Very nice indeed. Have you ordered their Dreadnoughtus schrani? I am thinking of this one actually.

paleochris

yes I pre-ordered it, it will arrive very soon, this model seems to be finished on their side. A lot of people were curious to see how Msee was able to make this in a small series, as the model is extremely detailed (especially the base).

paleochris

Beelzebufo vs Masiakasaurus
Scale : 1/5
Artist : SenSen

This is a scene from the famous 2022 BBC documentary "Prehistoric planet », in which a huge frog attacks a small dinosaur.
Beelzebufo is the largest frog ever discovered, measuring over 40 cm and weighing 4 kg! Given its size, it could well have attacked reptiles, birds, small mammals and juvenile dinosaurs such as Masiakasaurus, a very small dinosaur. This scene could therefore have occurred in Madagascar during the Cretaceous period between 72 and 66 Mya

The scene is very dynamic and, as always with Sensen, the quality is very good.
I find, however, that the tongue isn't painted very well, with only pink and no nuances. A little paint touch-up to give it a more viscous and realistic look will therefore be necessary.

paleochris

Msée Quetzalcoatlus

I've been looking for this piece for 3 years. I had offers at ridiculous prices ($1,000) but finally, one day, an English collector sold me his for the same initial sale price ($300).

It's not in perfect condition - the wooden base is missing and 2 small repairs will be necessary - but I'm so happy to finally have it!

Scale: 1/15th
Limited edition: 100 copies
Musee Studio
Sculptor: 牧蜥 Mu Xi.
Color scheme: Tison Zhang

paleochris

Rajasaurus Hunting Isisaurus Scene
Studio : Midnight Ink
Painted by Kino

And here's a new species of abelisorid! I'm very pleased with this addition, as it's a species that hardly exists in miniature/sculpture, unlike Carnotaurus for example. It's a fine addition to the collection, and I thank Xinyou Xu!

Rajasaurus narmadensis
70-66 MA
INDIA

Stegotyranno420

You cannot go wrong with the Rajasaurus  ;)
But those lizards in the Queztalcoatlus statue.
What are they, they probably are near man sized if this represents the larger species

paleochris

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 28, 2023, 07:01:07 PMBut those lizards in the Queztalcoatlus statue.
What are they, they probably are near man sized if this represents the larger species

It's true that Chinese artists are usually very rigorous, naming each animal on the sculpture and/or assembling the species without error. Having said that, I think it's just a bit of artistic freedom, after all, maybe some big varans were present?

postsaurischian

Quote from: paleochris on July 28, 2023, 09:40:57 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 28, 2023, 07:01:07 PMBut those lizards in the Queztalcoatlus statue.

It's true that Chinese artists are usually very rigorous, naming each animal on the sculpture and/or assembling the species without error. Having said that, I think it's just a bit of artistic freedom, after all, maybe some big varans were present?

This was once discussed in RobinGoodfellow's collection thread. I think the lizards were meant to be Palaeosaniwa.

paleochris

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 28, 2023, 10:00:58 PM
Quote from: paleochris on July 28, 2023, 09:40:57 PM

This was once discussed in RobinGoodfellow's collection thread. I think the lizards were meant to be Palaeosaniwa.

Well ! You teach me something really cool! I can put a name to these lizards, so great!

Dakotaraptor VS Pachycephalosaurus
Manufacturer: M.See Studio
Scale: 1/10
N°40/100

One of my favorites pieces. I'm really happy to have it. This scene is incredible, a lot of dynamism, and this raptor is very beautiful! we feel the terror of the Pachycephalosaurus !

ceratopsian

Amazing work on the Dakotaraptor.  The colours are stunning.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: