News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleochris's collection

Started by paleochris, October 03, 2021, 03:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paleochris

Hello !

After a few months on the forum, I finally open my topic to present you my collection.

I live in France, near Strasbourg, I started in 2018 and I have 128 pieces so far.

For me, the most important is the realism of the figure, its details, the fineness of the sculpture and the scientific rigor if possible. I am not a fan of JP toys at all. My favorite brands are PNSO and Msée Studio. Unlike others, I like resin statues as much as PVC figures and I like to mix them on my shelves as you can see on these pictures:

I will try to make you better pictures of each piece or new acquisition !

SidB

Love the display, P @paleochris . By the way, which part of the house do you have room for this extensive sheling? Is it for all to see who enter, or more of a private showcase?

Libraraptor

paleochris

Quote from: SidB on October 03, 2021, 06:30:34 PM
Love the display, P @paleochris . By the way, which part of the house do you have room for this extensive sheling? Is it for all to see who enter, or more of a private showcase?

Thank you S @SidB  ! It's in my old teenage bedroom at my parents' house upstairs so it's a little private. I don't have enough room in my apartment at the moment. I spend a lot of weekends there so it allows me to take care of it.

Bread

Wow, some wonderful collection you have here. Do you plan on taking any close up shots of each shelf? I see some beautiful pieces that I do not recognize.

paleochris

Quote from: Bread on October 03, 2021, 09:06:18 PM
Wow, some wonderful collection you have here. Do you plan on taking any close up shots of each shelf? I see some beautiful pieces that I do not recognize.

Thank you ! Yes I will do it :)

Duck

P @paleochris Wow! Your collection absolutely dwarfs mine. I see you have extremely good attention to quality.
He who dwells in pond

BlueKrono

P @paleochris
Certainly an impressive collection. If you don't mind me asking, what is the chubby frog in the lower right corner of the picture with the marine animals?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

Quote from: paleochris on October 03, 2021, 09:03:30 PM
Quote from: SidB on October 03, 2021, 06:30:34 PM

Thank you S @SidB  ! It's in my old teenage bedroom at my parents' house upstairs so it's a little private. I don't have enough room in my apartment at the moment. I spend a lot of weekends there so it allows me to take care of it.
That's a bit unconventional, maybe, but I like your  flexibility. Thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

That's a nice display space! Some highly sought-after pieces in there, impressive you managed to hunt down those Sideshow statues, for example, given that you started collecting quite recently. Like you, I'll shell out for resin statues or model kits from time to time, but I differ in that I usually only do so for species that aren't represented in ordinary plastic.

Looking forward to a closer look at some of your shelves!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

paleochris

I was lucky because I found some in France, where the sellers were not conscious of the prices on ebay, I got them cheaper. I bought 2 or 3 more expensive ones via groups on facebook too. I still miss a lot of them.
Thank you avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I read with great interest your reviews on the scientific accuracy of the figures (I bought the Dunkleosteus after your opinion).

CityRaptor

Impressive collection. A lot high end models.

I also notice that there is at least some JP in it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

paleochris

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 05, 2021, 08:20:43 AM

Yeah I have some JP style : T Rex Killer Queen from Rebor, the Spinosaurus from W Dragon or the Dilophosaurus from Rebor but it's mostly to show the different historical reconstitutions of these animals (for example for the spinosaurus I wanted accurate actual versions and one or two bipedal version) and to make sure that the movie that marked the history of the dinosaurs is still a bit present.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: paleochris on October 05, 2021, 11:33:21 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 05, 2021, 08:20:43 AM

Yeah I have some JP style : T Rex Killer Queen from Rebor, the Spinosaurus from W Dragon or the Dilophosaurus from Rebor but it's mostly to show the different historical reconstitutions of these animals (for example for the spinosaurus I wanted accurate actual versions and one or two bipedal version) and to make sure that the movie that marked the history of the dinosaurs is still a bit present.
Spinosaurus was bipedal.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

paleochris

Yes avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 I wanted to say in accordance with the JP model of the 2000's then with the reconstitutions of Ibrahim sorry

Some closer pictures of some models :

Teratophoneus vs Nasutoceratops, 余国梁, 2020, 1/15

Scale : 1/15
Sculptor : Passion Charger 余国梁
Painter : Ben Van Steenberge BVS

Darren McDonalds 1:12 scale Tarbosaurus :

Msee studio Lythronax vs Diabloceratops 1:10

Concavenator

What a spectacular collection, I'm in awe. You have an exquisite taste.

Bread

Those are some beautiful pieces you got there. Thank you for the stunning closing up images.

Shonisaurus

Nice figures. My congratulations.

SidB

Terrific display - less is more in this case, where a few pieces, adequately spaced and displayed, show really well.

paleochris

Thank you very much for your compliments!

My goal is to make a real little miniature Natural History Museum, I also have some real fossils that I mix with the figurines and I also collect modern animals.

I have a lot of kits on order and I still have a lot of PNSO to buy at the end of the year, see you soon for updates

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: