News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on July 09, 2023, 02:49:22 PMI like the Safari version better. Has lips and a more exciting colour scheme.

I agree. This PNSO Albertosaurus is a lovely model, but I see absolutely no reason to replace my Safari version. Besides, I'd probably never replace a Doug Watson tyrannosaurid :)

Quiversaurus

If anything, it's the running pose that makes Wally purchaseable for me. That does look to be quite a feat of engineering, if he does stand properly without support.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: quiversaurus on July 09, 2023, 04:20:57 PMIf anything, it's the running pose that makes Wally purchaseable for me. That does look to be quite a feat of engineering, if he does stand properly without support.

I think the same, but I would never trust it to stand on it's own for any length of time. Unless it has a base and a foot peg.

Stegotyranno420

TheImmortalEye

so i guess it wont be released with the other prototype we saw as a bundle ( like recent daspleto and lynthro)
idk too much about albertosaurus but it has a " dragonface" similar to the torvosaurus, i prefer the more normal t rex faces and prob just wait for a sale on that one.

Sim

I'm glad this one turned out to be the Albertosaurus as it looks ugly to me and I'm happy with my Wild Safari Albertosaurus.  I am looking forward to the other tyrannosaurid shown in the leak however, I'm hoping it's Gorgosaurus - which I would like a figure of.

Flaffy

Liking the green on the Albertosaurus, the dynamic pose is nice too. I haven't picked up the Safari Albertosaurus yet as I wasn't a fan of the colours and aspects of it's anatomy. Despite the lack of lips, I much prefer how PNSO handled the lacrimal crests, nasal keratin ridge and gastralia on their Albertosaurus.

Medzo

As purely a PNSO collector at the moment, I have to say... the Safari version is way more appealing.

Lynx

PNSO this, Safari that, I know the REAL albertosaurus

An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lynx on July 09, 2023, 09:36:17 PMPNSO this, Safari that, I know the REAL albertosaurus

Unfathomably based gigachad sigma alpha 💪💪💪💪💪

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 09, 2023, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: Lynx on July 09, 2023, 09:36:17 PMPNSO this, Safari that, I know the REAL albertosaurus

Unfathomably based gigachad sigma alpha 💪💪💪💪💪
The one and only fr
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx Who made that one lol? Schleich? Reminds me of their retro Ceratosaurus. The color and patterns are actually quite nice from what I'm seeing on it though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Lynx

Yup, Schleich, it was made around the same time as the cerato!

Quote from: Faelrin on July 09, 2023, 10:03:04 PMavatar_Lynx @Lynx Who made that one lol? Schleich? Reminds me of their retro Ceratosaurus. The color and patterns are actually quite nice from what I'm seeing on it though.
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

I was so excited when PNSO kicked off their tyrannosaur series but these have all been so underwhelming. I greatly prefer Safari's Albertosaurus to this one, and the Daspletosaurus too.

Stegotyranno420

I dont mean anything rude towards Doug Watson,his Albertosaurus is also lovely, but the colors just arent my cup of tea, and manufacturing can erase some detail. I appreciate and applaud him for traditional sculpting.
But I still think PNSO's is much better for my tastes. I think this is the best one. If this was not released with so many theropods already, then maybe it will gather better responses. Is the colourscheme boring or redundant? Yes, but I still like it. It is very dynamic, which is unique.
Do people prefer safari's for lips?

Lynx

I prefer Safari LTD not because of lips or whatnot, but because the colors are nice, it's different, and it stands out. I already rambled about why I prefer the more out-there color schemes over PNSOs current ones earlier in the thread so I won't cover it again. Overall, I like it because its cheaper, decent quality, and the reason above.
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx Thanks. That would certainly explain the similarity in style to that one, lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

JohannesB

Buying Cameron was a relatively big hurdle at $67 total (which I don't regret), but I might get this Albertosaurus too, to get more tyrannosaur variety. (I only have a few T. rex figures, but nothing else tyrannosaurid, weirdly enough.) Although I am still eagerly waiting for a Edmontosaurus figure, which will be prioritised.

Over9K

Camer... sorry, Susan arrived today, and she's a thicc ol' honey.

I think I'm going to have to double-dip, and have Bravo lip one of these bad girls up.

Skorpio V.

I think I found what's throwing me off about the Albertosaurus face sculpt: everything past the orbit is too elongated. It's funny because the opposite was a problem on some of their other theropods like the Tarbosaurus. I [sloppily] re-edited it to follow their artwork they provide and other skeletals. Another problem is probably the teeth having no variation, but I don't have the motivation to go tooth-by-tooth referring to an actual reference lol.

Their artwork being more accurate than their models is very recurring, I wonder why some changes are made. In this case, it's the decision to make the squamosal extend more horizontally than diagonally.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: