News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 13, 2023, 03:40:26 PM
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on July 13, 2023, 02:43:32 PMi'm currently in the process of doing the same along with a repaint. I'm going to dinosaur model arts on Instagram for the commission. currently in the process of making some concept skins for the model

Wow, quite intricate coloration and scales. With some shading and lighting this would pop out well.
Do you have a place where I can view more of your paintings
thanks. this is just for skin concepting so not going to go all out on lighting and shading. am looking forward to seeing this color scheme applied to cameron though. either this or one of the other two I'm working on atm.

as for my other artwork, I'm saving on displaying my recent artwork on artstation eventually, but you can see a lot of my older work on deviantart
https://www.deviantart.com/spinosaurus1

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on July 13, 2023, 01:13:15 PMCongratulations Over9k! Can't wait to see it, and I am sorry for asking, and you don't need to answer, but are you going for a complete repaint or simple just add lips and original colorscheme?

I am hoping to have the PNSO Albertosaurus done by him too. So our models may cross paths.

Right now the intention is to keep as much of the original colorway as possible. IMO, PNSO really hit with this ruddy/rusty colorway, and looking at Bravo's previous work, I'm amazed how well they are able to match new paint to old paint. However, this may not be possible, due to the depth and breadth of the changes being made, and I'm budgeting for a complete repaint.

This isn't going to be your impossibly clean, photoshopped-supermodel version.

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on July 13, 2023, 07:10:41 PM
Quote from: Bread on July 13, 2023, 01:13:15 PMCongratulations Over9k! Can't wait to see it, and I am sorry for asking, and you don't need to answer, but are you going for a complete repaint or simple just add lips and original colorscheme?

I am hoping to have the PNSO Albertosaurus done by him too. So our models may cross paths.

Right now the intention is to keep as much of the original colorway as possible. IMO, PNSO really hit with this ruddy/rusty colorway, and looking at Bravo's previous work, I'm amazed how well they are able to match new paint to old paint. However, this may not be possible, due to the depth and breadth of the changes being made, and I'm budgeting for a complete repaint.

I will do with dinosaur_models_artworks as he lives in Spain and is cheaper.
Now I have to choose if I want to keep the original paint work or a whole new one.
It's double price, but the artist is extremely talented, and his work might blow my mind.
On the other hand, I also like the natural tone of the original PNSO paint scheme...
Decision, decision...

SRF

Some in hand photos of the Albertosaurus, also next to the Daspletosaurus and Lythronax. Out of the three the Albertosaurus has definitely the best pose for me. I already purchased the Daspletosaurus and Lythronax but I'll definitely add the Albertosaurus to my collection as well.

But today, I'm just being father

Bread

PNSO love their striped tails.

Besides that nitpick, I think these really came out great. And I do agree with SRF that the Albertosaurus has the best pose, probably the best running posture therapod figure on the market.

Faelrin

Maybe it is the lighting but I wish the green was a bit brighter, more vibrant. Like it has a kind of grungy look to it from the pics here (maybe in the promo pics too)? Though I do see it has a large dark patch on its back. Not sure if that effects that though. Will need to see it in other lighting setups to get a better idea.

At least the three do look pretty distinctive with their colorations though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

They seem to be able to balance without their support rods at least for a while. I do love the running pose of the Albertosaurus but I'm not to fond of how its face looks.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on July 13, 2023, 08:15:18 PM
Quote from: Over9K on July 13, 2023, 07:10:41 PM

I will do with dinosaur_models_artworks as he lives in Spain and is cheaper.
Now I have to choose if I want to keep the original paint work or a whole new one.
It's double price, but the artist is extremely talented, and his work might blow my mind.
On the other hand, I also like the natural tone of the original PNSO paint scheme...
Decision, decision...
I'll be on the lookout for that one! I know he has been having a lot of people commission all these new Tyrannosaur models to get lips and repaints lately.

Speaking of which, he sent me a photo of the Lythronax with an upper lip added. And so it begins! >:D

Kei

Glad to see I'm not the only one who reaches out to Dino_model_artworks for some dino lip goodness  :D

A sneak peek on the lil' Daspleto  8)

JohannesB

These reworks look beautiful and very much worth the money, but I am hesitant to have my expensive PNSO figures altered from their original state. I would want two of the same figure: one original and one with lip-job, but I am not willing to buy more than one of the same figure.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on July 15, 2023, 05:22:00 PMThese reworks look beautiful and very much worth the money, but I am hesitant to have my expensive PNSO figures altered from their original state. I would want two of the same figure: one original and one with lip-job, but I am not willing to buy more than one of the same figure.
Hopefully you can get one at a bargain price at some point, so you can try the lip transplant.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kei on July 15, 2023, 07:11:56 AMGlad to see I'm not the only one who reaches out to Dino_model_artworks for some dino lip goodness  :D

For a minute I thought PNSO made a D.torosus as opposed to skinny Wilsoni.
But then i realized the colours  :D

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Kei on July 15, 2023, 07:11:56 AMGlad to see I'm not the only one who reaches out to Dino_model_artworks for some dino lip goodness  :D

Love the Dino Dan Albertosaurus colours on it!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Over9K

Quote from: JohannesB on July 15, 2023, 05:22:00 PMThese reworks look beautiful and very much worth the money, but I am hesitant to have my expensive PNSO figures altered from their original state. I would want two of the same figure: one original and one with lip-job, but I am not willing to buy more than one of the same figure.

Pretty sure I'm going to double-dip on Cameron. IMO, it's the definitive toothy-rex...

shahinos

Maybe it's just me, but can't people create a "modified dinos" thread instead? It feels like the last two pages are people showing their custom lips.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: shahinos on July 16, 2023, 06:32:45 AMMaybe it's just me, but can't people create a "modified dinos" thread instead? It feels like the last two pages are people showing their custom lips.

It's possible. I know some of us keep checking here for new pieces instead of custom work. Maybe it needs to be split off into another topic?

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2023, 07:11:05 AM
Quote from: shahinos on July 16, 2023, 06:32:45 AMMaybe it's just me, but can't people create a "modified dinos" thread instead? It feels like the last two pages are people showing their custom lips.

It's possible. I know some of us keep checking here for new pieces instead of custom work. Maybe it needs to be split off into another topic?
Apologies for this. It was really due to how the figures were improved with the addition of lips. If you want avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, I'll create the thread and these past photos can be moved over?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on July 16, 2023, 01:35:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2023, 07:11:05 AM

Apologies for this. It was really due to how the figures were improved with the addition of lips. If you want avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, I'll create the thread and these past photos can be moved over?

No problem I do understand it's easy to excited about these mods and customs :)  If you wouldn't mind I think that would be a great way to see all the photos in one place and links can be posted to the artist as well to make them easier to locate.

SRF

Paleofiguras posted some more in hand photos of the Albertosaurus. This one is turning out to be my favorite of the last trio PNSO has released. I hope it's available soon on AliExpress.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: SRF on July 16, 2023, 04:54:26 PMPaleofiguras posted some more in hand photos of the Albertosaurus. This one is turning out to be my favorite of the last trio PNSO has released. I hope it's available soon on AliExpress.
Here are two images. I do not have facebook so it was kind of a pain to get just these two. Facebook won't allow me to look through the entire gallery without an account.

This one seems to have QC issues on its teeth.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: