News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you avatar_Bread @Bread. I would say the Lythronax is among the most beautiful tyrannosaurids in my collection.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •   PNSO Dinosaurs Museum  1:35  Tyrannosaurus rex  'Cameron'  • ~

According to DinoToyCollector this is my 50th Tyrannosaurus. I'm shuddering  at the thought that I have so many others, not listed on the page.
         Everytime I think "not another T. rex", one comes round the corner smiling at me. Since this one is so much better than Wilson (if you ask me),
                                                  I had to go for it one more time. I'm hoping to sell Wilson (and probably a few others of the 48).

"To be lipped, or not to be lipped, that is the question"  (I can't help myself, I like them both)

PNSO family meeting with No.49 Nanotyrannus and Mini No.01 Tyrannosaurus baby

PNSO Classic Cretaceous Icons (with Dinosaurs Museum 1:35 Triceratops)

compared to its fattened Mongolian cousin - PNSO No.51 Tarbosaurus

challenged by PNSO No.65 Therizinosaurus

Bread

Wonderful photos again! I am glad I finally warmed up to this new Tyrannosaurus. It is a treasure to be owning soon. Your photos make me more thrilled to be acquiring it! Bravo!

Also, would you say that the Tarbosaurus looks out of place next to it? As far as I can see, the Tarbosaurus proportions look off compared to the Tyrannosaurus.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on June 25, 2023, 09:08:04 PMAlso, would you say that the Tarbosaurus looks out of place next to it? As far as I can see, the Tarbosaurus proportions look off compared to the Tyrannosaurus.

As I wrote, he looks a bit fattened ;D .

To be honest, PNSO has been progressing throughout the last three years. Their theropod sculpting has become much better.
 Some of the older ones now seem to have a comic character. Especially legs, feet and skin structuring look more realistic on the newer figures.
 So yes, the Tarbosaurus does not cut the finest figure next to this beautiful Tyrannosaurus.

bmathison1972

Cool, with PNSO one can now make a T. rex life cycle set  ;D

Bread

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 25, 2023, 09:10:57 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 25, 2023, 09:08:04 PMAlso, would you say that the Tarbosaurus looks out of place next to it? As far as I can see, the Tarbosaurus proportions look off compared to the Tyrannosaurus.

As I wrote, he looks a bit fattened ;D .

To be honest, PNSO has been progressing throughout the last three years. Their theropod sculpting has become much better.
 Some of the older ones now seem to have a comic character. Especially legs, feet and skin structuring look more realistic on the newer figures.
 So yes, the Tarbosaurus does not cut the finest figure next to this beautiful Tyrannosaurus.
I do see the progress they have made, especially with their other Tyrannosaurs. Hopefully they also revisit their Carnotaurus given how outdated that one is too.

postsaurischian

:D

•    Dinosauria Creatures  1:6  Archaeopteryx    •
                                                                                   painted by Martin Garratt

v    next to Doug Watson's Wild Safari figure and Kaiyodo Dinotales No.36    v

postsaurischian

:D

•    Dinosauria Creatures  1:20  Lystrosaurus    •

v    next to a 1:20 human scale figure by Schleich    v

Libraraptor

Your New acquisitions are top notch, congratulations!  :)

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you Stefan avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •   LINGHU.ARTSTUDIO  1:25  Cryolophosaurus  No.22/40  • ~
                                                                               built & painted by Martin Garratt

v    Carnegie Collection's figure is in about the same scale    v

Bread

Wow!

Glad you received not only the models from Dinosauria Creatures, but the final build up and paint ups by Martin Garratt. I really need to get some more by Martin Garratt, his work is simply perfection.

Also, that Cryolophosaurus is absolutely phenomenal! I saw your mention of it on Paleo's collection, glad to see it presented! It is probably my favorite color scheme given to the model now.

ceratopsian

Little gems from Dinosauria! The Cryolophosaurus is breathtaking.

TooOldForDinosaurs

What a fantastic pose, sculpt and paint job on that Cryolophosaurus! A real eye-catcher for sure. Happy to see this model aside from the promotional images and in a different color style!  :o  :D  Congrats!

ceratopsian

I had no idea the Cryolophosaurus came in such a small size!  I foolishly assumed it was massive!

BrontoScorpio

Same here - much smaller than what I imagined.
Absolutely beautiful.
Must have been incredibly heavy on the wallet this one.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Bread on June 28, 2023, 03:03:16 AM....... I really need to get some more by Martin Garratt, his work is simply perfection.

I love the man :-*  (Sorry Martin, you know what I mean). I'm super happy with the Cryolophosaurus!

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 28, 2023, 10:41:38 AM....... Happy to see this model aside from the promotional images and in a different color style!  :o  :D  Congrats!

Merci vielmal! The offered paint scheme was too expensive and too green for me and I think it wasn't offered for the 1:25 version anyway.
 Only the tail should have those colours. Without using too many words Martin understood exactly what I wanted :) .

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 28, 2023, 11:24:49 AMI had no idea the Cryolophosaurus came in such a small size!  I foolishly assumed it was massive!

The main model is in 1:15. That's the one you can see in paleochris' collection thread.
 There was a limited edition of 40 for the 1:25 version. First I was a bit worried about the attention to detail for the smaller version,
 but that was unsubstantiated. I must have been blind when I quickly inspected the kit before sending it to Marilyn.
 Martin's work unveiled it all :) .

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 28, 2023, 06:51:57 PMMust have been incredibly heavy on the wallet this one.

Actually not. The model kit was USD $89.99 at Lana Time.

As many other DTF members I was looking for the right 1:35 African Elephant to go with the EOfauna figures.
                           The major brands' figures don't meet my requirements. So I was happy when I found out that Kaiyodo was making one
                                                     for their ARTPLA series. As usually Kaiyodo doesn't disappoint - it looks like the real thing.

^-^

Kaiyodo ARTPLA  1:35  Loxodonta africana 

"Say cheese!" (the selfie woman is included in the same ARTPLA set)
                                  It was about time I got a new 1:35 human scale figure and this one I like a lot ^-^ .

:o  The Elephant looks extremely small next to the Deinotherium! Having measured the shoulder height of both figures,
       everythig seems to be okay.  African Elephant (850mm x 35 = about 3m) - Deinotherium (1150mm x 35 = about 4m)

Stegotyranno420

I love proboscideans. Amongst the most beautiful creatures.
Also, that Cryolophosaurus is well made. Very intricately sculpted.

bmathison1972

Getting caught up on this thread. I love the Lystrosaurus (looks like something chained up in Jabba's throne room  ^-^  8)  :P )

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Wuerhosaurus  • ~

v    other Wuerhosaurus figures ~ PNSO mini No.16 & Vitae by Cheung Chung Tat    v

v    with CollectA Gigantspinosaurus, PNSO Dinosaurs Museum Chungkingosaurus & Wild Safari Kentrosaurus    v

v    next to PNSO Prehistoric Models No.14 Stegosaurus    v

postsaurischian

..... oops! Double post.

SidB

Splendid stegosaurid imagery, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . That's what I'd want to do if I had any photographic ability. It's wonderful that you have consistently provided the DTF community with this treasury of pictures over the years.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: