News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Cameron is finally in stock on Amazon with one-day shipping, but it looks like PNSO no longer has their long-time 15% off coupon available on their listings. Darn, guess I will be waiting for it to come back.

SRF

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 16, 2023, 05:27:59 PMCameron is finally in stock on Amazon with one-day shipping, but it looks like PNSO no longer has their long-time 15% off coupon available on their listings. Darn, guess I will be waiting for it to come back.

There was a sale on AliExpress last week as well. That one is over as well, but I do recommend to keep an eye on the next one.
But today, I'm just being father

oscars_dinos

Quote from: SRF on July 16, 2023, 05:52:58 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on July 16, 2023, 05:27:59 PMCameron is finally in stock on Amazon with one-day shipping, but it looks like PNSO no longer has their long-time 15% off coupon available on their listings. Darn, guess I will be waiting for it to come back.

There was a sale on AliExpress last week as well. That one is over as well, but I do recommend to keep an eye on the next one.

does that 15 % just come and go?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: imnewhere on July 17, 2023, 05:16:06 PM

Kind of. Every 10th of a month for a while now AliExpress has an event called "Discovery" where you can find lots of sales and promotions. However, figures that apply for the promo tend to change every month. You can find the constant updating calendar here
https://promossale.com/aliexpress-sale-dates-2023/
and be more budget-wise with every release :)

SRF

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on July 17, 2023, 05:53:12 PM

Kind of. Every 10th of a month for a while now AliExpress has an event called "Discovery" where you can find lots of sales and promotions. However, figures that apply for the promo tend to change every month. You can find the constant updating calendar here

And to add to this, usually on top of the 15% discount comes an additional discount of 3 USD/EUR on every 30 USD/EUR spent. I had a total discount of around 25% on my last three purchases. 

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: SRF on July 17, 2023, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on July 17, 2023, 05:53:12 PM

And to add to this, usually on top of the 15% discount comes an additional discount of 3 USD/EUR on every 30 USD/EUR spent. I had a total discount of around 25% on my last three purchases. 
On special sales such as latest Summer sale the additonal discount was of 4 USD per 30 and a Max discount of 12 USD while Discovery has a 9 USD Max. So, it is really useful to keep track on those sales, as also coins help an additional 2-5% off. Thanks on the missing info SRF!

Halichoeres

I wonder what the odds are on an Arrhinoceratops one day:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Skorpio V.

After many PNSO-published videos that have art and other dinosaurs that have figures sharing art pieces by Zhao Chuang and co., it's clear that these genera are possible but they never correlate to an order of releases. For example, Mila the Mapusaurus (nickname and all) was featured in a fact file-type video a few years ago. Obviously we got the model, but it was nothing like the concept art nor did it follow the video's publishing date.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

I'd like an Arrhinoceratops from PNSO!  Anchiceratops too.

Bread

With the ceratopsians rolling out by Haolonggood, I've been on a kick for wanting more lately. So I hope this is a high chance to get this genus.

Joel1905

Quote from: Bread on July 18, 2023, 02:19:31 PMWith the ceratopsians rolling out by Haolonggood, I've been on a kick for wanting more lately. So I hope this is a high chance to get this genus.

I'd love a nice little Chasmosaurus from them!

Sim

I now find ceratopsids impressive animals and would like more figures of them.  The following are the ceratopsids known from good remains that don't have a good figure that isn't huge:

Centrosaurines: Achelousaurus, Albertaceratops, Centrosaurus brinkmani, Medusaceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis, Xenoceratops
Chasmosaurines: Agujaceratops mariscalensis, Anchiceratops, Arrhinoceratops, Chasmosaurus belli, Chasmosaurus perifania, Chasmosaurus russelli, Kosmoceratops, Spiclypeus, Triceratops prorsus, Utahceratops

I get the impression Haolonggood will make Chasmosaurus before PNSO makes a new one.  The ideal is Haolonggood makes Chasmosaurus belli, which is the species they showed a skeleton of, and PNSO makes one of the other two Chasmosaurus species.  I'm following Gregory Paul's suggestion that Mojoceratops is a species of Chasmosaurus, in case anyone was wondering about the third species.

Prehistory Resurrection

Blade-of-the-Moon

After the BotM ceratopsians, I sort of got burnout on them. Getting that way with tyrannosaurs now.

Medzo

After Cameron arrived I felt a satisfaction in collecting I have not before. I really feel they could release these genera if someone really digs them, but I only collect the very critical ones. I feel I won't purchase anything until a re-release of Essien or some very exotic comes in, like a 1:35 Titanosaur.

SidB

For now, I think that I'm exhausted with all of the theropods that have flooded the market this year. For the first time, I've stopped ordering the PNSO tyrannosaurid theropods and have no plans to get the HLG Allosaurus or upcoming Dilopho. Perhaps later, but for now I have very adequate representatives of each of these from Safari and Papo. Furthermore, repainting remains a distinct possibility.

Bread

I think the general issue is not the constant therapod releases, but more so "they always have anatomical issues" and as a result they're tiring to always see them.

I feel as though these therapod releases would get WAY more appraisals for these objective and subjective circumstances:

1) Lips - the lack of lips is disappointing

2) Coloration - seems to be rather similar to each other, but this is subjective whether or not you like these consistent tones

3) Dragon head - seems to be rather similar to each other, the dragon-like head I've seen other point out, I feel like this stems back to "adding lips" as the addition of extra tissue allows less of a dragon-like appearance, another subjective whether or not you like these consistent appearances

4) Obscure and often never made genus/constant therapods from the same family - I feel as though, as others have stated, if there was a large variety of different therapod families, there weren't be as many complaints. As usual, it is the same large therapod and popular groups. I do find Meraxes, Albertosaurus, Mapusaurus, and Lythronax deserved a figure finally or an atleast updated figure. But otherwise, Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, and Daspletosaurus didn't need one so soon.

There are probably way more things to add to this list, but this is what I've seen the major issues and opinions shared regarding these therapods.

I truly like these releases, some can be too soon or just too similar to one another to pick up. And I feel as though since I get lips added to some models, it adds a refreshing feel to the figure.

Sim

Quote from: Bread on July 20, 2023, 03:17:20 PMI do find Meraxes, Albertosaurus, Mapusaurus, and Lythronax deserved a figure finally or an atleast updated figure. But otherwise, Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, and Daspletosaurus didn't need one so soon.
I don't agree with this entirely.  Albertosaurus already had the excellent Safari 2022 figure and Mapusaurus and Lythronax are quite fragmentary, so none of these needed a new figure in my opinion.  I also feel Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus did need a good, new figure.

SRF

I find it a bit strange to say that "genus X doesn't need a new figure" because another brand already made one. If Safari has an Albertosaurus that sells exceptionally well, business wise that's only a more valid reason for PNSO to release an Albertosaurus as well.

Everyone of us has our own methods of collecting. In fact, I've reached the point that I'm not even interested in figures from Safari anymore. I actually gave all my non-PNSO dinosaur figures to my son so I can display my PNSO figures more consistantly together, without figures of other brands on the same shelves. For the Tyrannosaur part of my collection, I actually needed a Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus from PNSO for quite a long time now.

Sim

It didn't occur to me that someone would only be interested in figures from one or more companies, so that can explain the desire for a species another company already released.  However I think if figures of a species already exist that can reduce the number of people who want a new figure of that species, since there might be people already satisfied with the figure they have of that species.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: