News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on July 20, 2023, 04:13:59 PMIt didn't occur to me that someone would only be interested in figures from one or more companies, so that can explain the desire for a species another company already released.  However I think if figures of a species already exist that can reduce the number of people who want a new figure of that species, since there might be people already satisfied with the figure they have of that species.

Maybe this is not so much a question of a particular company, but a particular style of sculpting and paint application. I for my part very much like the PNSO style and therefore most of the figures I have are from PNSO. But then I also get some figures from other companies that fit the style I like. So for example I got Tianzhenosaurus and Apatosaurus from Haolonggood and now also Edmontonia. Also Giraffatitan from W-Dragon. Now probably a few custom painted sauropod resin models from Lana Time Shop and from Dinosauria Creatures.

Over9K

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 16, 2023, 05:27:59 PMCameron is finally in stock on Amazon with one-day shipping, but it looks like PNSO no longer has their long-time 15% off coupon available on their listings. Darn, guess I will be waiting for it to come back.

$59.95 at Happy Hen...

https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-100-cameron-the-tyrannosaurus-rex-sci-art-model.html

Faelrin

Man that's a better deal, even when accounting for shipping on Happy Hen (unless you order over like $149 for free shipping), and tax. Speaking of Amazon, as I went to check to compare prices, cause I know Cameron was over $70 there, I just noticed all PNSO figures are showing up as unavailable over there. Anyone else seeing this? Find that kind of strange.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Wish the MSRP of Cameron was $60 across the board...

TaranUlas

Does anyone know why PNSO's items are all saying Unavailable on Amazon?

Mellow Stego

Quote from: TaranUlas on July 22, 2023, 02:46:10 AMDoes anyone know why PNSO's items are all saying Unavailable on Amazon?
Interesting. I can't even find the Pnso store on Amazon anymore.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe they are updating it or they decided Amazon took too much money?

Stegotyranno420

I hope its an update, because the PNSO store was great for buying models quick with free shipping on prime.
It will be unfortunate to see it go

Faelrin

Well here's a link to the store page but I imagine it might not be of much use right now. At least this confirms it wasn't something weird on my end.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/PNSO/page/0ED77D4F-B4F7-41F7-B6AE-116CBF8E43E0
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Strange. All of their older museum models are listed as 2 left in stock, at least on my end

Bread

If anyone is wanting to buy PNSO products in the US, and want them at a fast rate, I suggest Happy Hen Toys.

Dans and Everything Dinosaur is also an option but they may be about 2 weeks for a shipping time.

SRF

Last Friday I received both the Lythronax and Daspletosaurus. Apparantly they were dropped of at my neighbors last Wednesday already, meaning they arrived within a week after I ordered them. That's by far the fastest delivery of any of my PNSO purchases from AliExpress.

About the models themselves: the Lythronax is probably my second favorite Tyrannosaur from PNSO, only after Cameron. it's definitely superior to the Daspletosaurus, which I do like a lot but has its known problems. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the Albertosaurus, which I like more than the Daspletosaurus but less than the Lythronax.
But today, I'm just being father

ceratopsian

I think that depends on the figure - the presence of existing models has never stopped firms from putting out another Triceratops or T. rex!

I'm certainly more inclined to buy some firms' models more than others - usually on aesthetic grounds, but other factors enter the equation as well.

Quote from: Sim on July 20, 2023, 04:13:59 PMIt didn't occur to me that someone would only be interested in figures from one or more companies, so that can explain the desire for a species another company already released.  However I think if figures of a species already exist that can reduce the number of people who want a new figure of that species, since there might be people already satisfied with the figure they have of that species.

Over9K

SRF

Watching Andy's review of the Albertosaurus, I went back to DinosDragons review of the Albertosaurus as well. There he does a comparison of the Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus head. Something I noticed there is that between these models, the Albertosaurus has much larger and thicker teeth than the Daspletosaurus. I believe that should definitely be the other way around? Didn't Albertosaurus have more and less robust teeth than Daspletosaurus? Which one of these two models is more accurate in this regard?

Bread

Quote from: SRF on July 25, 2023, 02:55:47 PMWatching Andy's review of the Albertosaurus, I went back to DinosDragons review of the Albertosaurus as well. There he does a comparison of the Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus head. Something I noticed there is that between these models, the Albertosaurus has much larger and thicker teeth than the Daspletosaurus. I believe that should definitely be the other way around? Didn't Albertosaurus have more and less robust teeth than Daspletosaurus? Which one of these two models is more accurate in this regard?
I've noticed this too.

Now I did eyeball the skulls we have of Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus, and I noticed that yes Daspletosaurus typically has the larger set of teeth; however, it's not by much. It's not as substantially a large difference if one were to compare Tyrannosaurus to Albertosaurus or Daspletosaurus.

I think what is throwing off the large set of sculpted teeth on the Albertosaurus is the overbite. I noticed that it resembles the same issues we had with the Torvosaurus. Makes the teeth appear larger than intended.

SRF

avatar_Bread @Bread if I look at both models my impression is that the teeth on the Daspletosaurus are too small. They're sculpted more in the same way as in PNSO's Allosaurus than in their other Tyrannosaurs.

Psittacoraptor

SRF

Hmm it's a shame the coloration of this one doesn't follow the artwork more. Also I don't really like the pose and the head sculpt on this one. Easily my least favorite of the four latest Tyrannosaurs from PNSO. Maybe I'll even skip this one.

Psittacoraptor

I like the pose, looks like he just realised he stepped on something icky :)) . It's different from the usual angry/scary theropod poses.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: