News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Blade-of-the-Moon

The outdoor lighting shots they shared looked quite nice too.

JohannesB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2023, 04:09:41 PMThe outdoor lighting shots they shared looked quite nice too.

I really think Nanmu has gotten much better at recreating a likeness of the Tyrannosaurus from JP. Also, I can't see any seams on the figure, which is great. Their craftsmanship has improved there too, I think. I own the W-Dragon "Rexy", and I like that model very much, but this may top it. I am therefore a bit torn about which one of two I want to acquire: the brown (I call it "Rexy") one or the green (I call it "Bull") one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JohannesB on July 16, 2023, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2023, 04:09:41 PMThe outdoor lighting shots they shared looked quite nice too.

I really think Nanmu has gotten much better at recreating a likeness of the Tyrannosaurus from JP. Also, I can't see any seams on the figure, which is great. Their craftsmanship has improved there too, I think. I own the W-Dragon "Rexy", and I like that model very much, but this may top it. I am therefore a bit torn about which one of two I want to acquire: the brown (I call it "Rexy") one or the green (I call it "Bull") one.

I would agree.  i had the W-Dragon one and sold it, just way too thin even though the rest was well done.  The green really isn't a male or Bull since it lacks the male features from Nanmu's previous release of the Once and Future King..should just call him Arthur..lol

JohannesB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2023, 04:09:41 PM[...] The green really isn't a male or Bull since it lacks the male features from Nanmu's previous release of the Once and Future King..should just call him Arthur..lol

I see! That makes the choice for me easier. The brown one then :-)

need4swede

Ordered the red variant. My shelves have plenty of 'brown' rexes already, and the green paint on top of this sculpt just doesn't feel right to me. I'm glad they're offering a third color scheme, and more importantly I'm glad that they announced the third option right away, as opposed to the Spino, which had its third variant revealed much later.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on July 17, 2023, 05:34:02 PMOrdered the red variant. My shelves have plenty of 'brown' rexes already, and the green paint on top of this sculpt just doesn't feel right to me. I'm glad they're offering a third color scheme, and more importantly I'm glad that they announced the third option right away, as opposed to the Spino, which had its third variant revealed much later.

I think the red was a fantastic idea by Nanmu.

Over9K

Weird... BBTS still hasn't posted the new rex pre-order...

Carnoking

They were pretty slow on getting the new Pharaoh Spinosaurus posted as well. Hopefully I'll get a notification for this rex once it's available now that I've ordered a few Nanmu through BBTS

Carnoking

Speak of the devil. They've got the standard three up for pre-order! But still no sign of the DS variant...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on July 27, 2023, 03:04:59 PMSpeak of the devil. They've got the standard threw up for pre-order! But still no sign of the DS variant...

I think Lana/Nanmu said October for it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu just released a video saying the new Rex will be out August 20 now? Wow that was a lot earlier than expected?

They also dropped a teaser for a new Peter Jackson Kong figure. Doesn't interest me much but I'm sure it will others. Nice to see them branching out a little too.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 04:52:09 PMNanmu just released a video saying the new Rex will be out August 20 now? Wow that was a lot earlier than expected?

They also dropped a teaser for a new Peter Jackson Kong figure. Doesn't interest me much but I'm sure it will others. Nice to see them branching out a little too.

Aw I have to make that "dinosaurs ruled the earth banner", you know where I can buy or print that ?

Carnoking

I just finished rewatching PJ's King Kong last night. I don't often purchase non-dinosaur pop culture figures for my shelf (especially mammals  ::) ) but perhaps this is a sign I'm meant to have a Kong. I guess after 2 impressive V. rex figures it would be a natural addition...
I suppose I'll wait and see what the pose and price are.

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on August 02, 2023, 05:50:02 PMAw I have to make that "dinosaurs ruled the earth banner", you know where I can buy or print that ?

Amazon/eBay/Etsy... gotta be 25 choices of material and size.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on August 02, 2023, 05:50:02 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 04:52:09 PMNanmu just released a video saying the new Rex will be out August 20 now? Wow that was a lot earlier than expected?

Aw I have to make that "dinosaurs ruled the earth banner", you know where I can buy or print that ?

This one came with the Prime 1 statue. I know it was also available in the Target released Mattel JP set.  I have seen others buy a scaled version somewhere, maybe from Amazon?  The P1 version has wire in it too for posing it.

Over9K

Nice, BBTS should be shipping my Red Rex in time for Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to see Nanmu's Kong-o-rilla! I love REBOR's, but a new pose will be sweet!!

blnadal

Hello, fans, every week we will follow the usual practice to show you some work progress, in order to let you know the latest progress of the product.😊
In fact, some production knowledge has been updated in the process of making King Giant Apes, such as the production of hair, or the different texture between mammals and reptiles, which is very helpful for future work.
We seem to be more and more interested in active joints, and colleagues in the working group even wonder if we can bring fans active joint models like "Shadow Lord 2.0" or "Zilla" or even "T-REX" in the future.
Maybe, just maybe, everything will be more interesting.
PS:Please don't make a wish in the comments section.😅
 We would most like to discuss the current products. So that we can do our current work better.Thank you for your support and understanding.

blnadal

I'm not a fan of this way they're going..

Over9K

Quote from: blnadal on August 11, 2023, 06:42:08 PMI'm not a fan of this way they're going..

Sounds like we're going to be seeing mammals more often from Nanmu.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: