News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 14, 2023, 09:17:56 AMPachyrhinosaurus - granted!

Quote from: shahinos on June 14, 2023, 09:39:26 AMAnd Apatosaurus!

And Edmontonia too!  ;D Time to edit my wishlist! Such fan service, but hey, it's welcome.

Gwangi

Since Haolonggood seems to be focusing on dinosaurs that's what I'm going to stick with for my list. I would love to see other prehistoric animals from them but they haven't made many of those and my list of them is so darn long, I save that list for the CollectA thread.

Herrerasaurus

Coelophysis
Liliensternus
Dilophosaurus
Megalosaurus
Yi qi
Proceratosaurus
Guanlong
Ceratosaurus
Gigantoraptor
Deinocheirus
Therizinosaurus
Gallimimus
Struthiomimus
Sinosauropteryx
Sinornithosaurus
Halszkaraptor
Austroraptor
Dryosaurus
Limusaurus
Any alvarezsaurid
Any troodontid

Eoraptor
Plateosaurus
Brachytrachelopan
Amargasaurus
Saltasaurus
Camarasaurus
Barosaurus
Nigersaurus

Scutellosaurus
Dryosaurus
Heterodontosaurus
Protoceratops
Psittacosaurus
Udanoceratops
Chasmosaurus
Centrosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Liaoningosaurus
Kosmoceratops
Saurolophus
Iguanodon
Camptosaurus
Muttaburrasaurus
Tsintaosaurus
Brachylophosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Homalocephale

shahinos

Rapetosaurus (to pair with Majungasaurus)

Lurdusaurus (for the Elrhaz formation)

Gigantoraptor (and other species from the Iren Dabasu formation)

Sauropods in general, both dwarfish and larger, Jurassic or Cretaceous.

Stegotyranno420

I feel like haolongood will be the one to make a good Rajasaurus.
I agree with avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi  on some of his Theropod picks, Lilliensternus, Ceratosaurus, and Dilophosaurus
One red and black
The other a greenish yellow

Stegosaurus ungulatus is always a great choice, a bigger, more robust version of the common S.stenops. Due to haolongoods variants, they can have one generic red plates and green body, one more exotic.

Magnapaulia

Finally, as much as I love sauropods, especially the big ones(go big or go home), I dont think I'd want to buy anymore haolongood sauropods. If they were to make sauropodmorphs I'd like a Plateosaurus.

Faelrin

I like being surprised by what they have been putting out. At this point I just want to see Chasmosaurus from them. Anything else is a bonus.

If they decide to delve into Paleozoic stuff, then that could be a big wishlist. I think Tiktaalik is at the top of that though.

I would be curious to see how they could handle a Yutyrannus too, but it's not a priority.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Yes, I really like the element of surprise when something is announced, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. I think it genuinely adds to the pleasure.

Quote from: Faelrin on June 16, 2023, 02:35:00 PMI like being surprised by what they have been putting out. At this point I just want to see Chasmosaurus from them. Anything else is a bonus.

If they decide to delve into Paleozoic stuff, then that could be a big wishlist. I think Tiktaalik is at the top of that though.

I would be curious to see how they could handle a Yutyrannus too, but it's not a priority.

TheCambrianCrusader

Herrerasaurus, Plateosaurus, Aucasaurus and Chasmosaurus are the dinosaurs I've been dying for a bit now. Gallimimus and Compsognathus are also in desperate need for some non JP figures and Id be curious how Haolongood would handle the feathers

Quiversaurus

I must say, having seen the new HLG Allosaurus, that I'm really glad the herbivores seem to be HLG's wheelhouse. Solid options, each and every one of them.

Gives me much more confidence that two of my favoured herbivorous species, Kentrosaurus and Iguanodon, will be well done accuracy-wise (compared to the accuracy of their Allo currently), if or when they ever decide to do them.

Concavenator

avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus Well, I still hope they'll consider Kentrosaurus for the future again... even if at a larger scale than 1:35.

Iguanodon is another popular dinosaur I would love to see by Haolonggood! Neither the Safari, CollectA or PNSO figures convince me for one reason or another. I think Haolonggood could do a magnificent job with it. Despite the PNSO figure being recent, quite a bit of people seemed unhappy with it, so HLG could make one that potentially attracts those people who didn't go with the PNSO (and/or the Safari/CollectA versions, too). It's also an iconic and very famous dinosaur, so I'm confident it would be successful.

Leaving some useful references here, in case it results of interest to V @vampiredesign :

By Emily Stepp

By Scott Hartman

By Gabriel Ugueto.

Samrukia

Quote from: Concavenator on August 13, 2023, 03:02:23 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus Well, I still hope they'll consider Kentrosaurus for the future again... even if at a larger scale than 1:35.

Iguanodon is another popular dinosaur I would love to see by Haolonggood! Neither the Safari, CollectA or PNSO figures convince me for one reason or another. I think Haolonggood could do a magnificent job with it. Despite the PNSO figure being recent, quite a bit of people seemed unhappy with it, so HLG could make one that potentially attracts those people who didn't go with the PNSO (and/or the Safari/CollectA versions, too). It's also an iconic and very famous dinosaur, so I'm confident it would be successful.

Leaving some useful references here, in case it results of interest to V @vampiredesign :

By Emily Stepp

By Scott Hartman

By Gabriel Ugueto.

i would prefer Haolonggood would do something different from Iguanodon, which has few good figures already. something that is not represented well, Maiasaura, for example

Concavenator

Maiasaura would be great too!  :)

Sim

I'm happy with my CollectA Iguanodon, I'd like Haolonggood to make Mantellisaurus as the only figure of it, the CollectA, is in a pose I'm not happy with.  It would also be smaller than an Iguanodon figure so not as much of a risk.

Jose S.M.

I would love any ornithopod, ceratopsian or thyreophoran from them. They have done a great job with those. Maybe just a little bit more of "accuracy checks" to avoid issues like the thumb spike of Ouranosaurus and some minor proportion issues in the future but the figures already out are stellar still.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on August 13, 2023, 04:06:20 PMIt would also be smaller than an Iguanodon figure so not as much of a risk.

Not sure that logic is right... Iguanodon is a more popular dinosaur than Mantellisaurus (and among the most famous and well-known too), after all. More popular = less of a risk, that's just how it is. What you say would be like saying that making Asfaltovenator into a figure would be less risky than a Giganotosaurus just because it's smaller...

That said, I'm not saying Mantellisaurus should necessarily be avoided. Like, Tianzhenosaurus got made and a lot of people (me included) didn't even know about it.

Quiversaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Ooh great idea putting the reference images there for V @vampiredesign ! I actually particularly like Gabriel Ugueto's rendition of Iguanodon. Fingers crossed someone will do an Iguanodon similar to his.

avatar_Samrukia @Samrukia At this point I would be happy for any hadrosaurs from HLG - their work on herbivores, like avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. mentioned, has really been stellar, like their Ouranosaurus. Edmontosaurus, Maiasaurus, the absolute unit Shantungosaurus, all would be awesome, especially Shantungosaurus.

And I think it was also mentioned in another thread that with PNSO being on their theropod streak, we at least have HLG to fill in the gaps. Helps that it seems like V @vampiredesign is also a herbivore lover, so we have lots to look forward to (:

Concavenator

Quote from: quiversaurus on August 13, 2023, 05:19:34 PMEdmontosaurus, [...], all would be awesome.

I think this will make you happy then.  ;)

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on August 13, 2023, 06:14:04 PM
Quote from: quiversaurus on August 13, 2023, 05:19:34 PMEdmontosaurus, [...], all would be awesome.

Ah yes I saw this! Definitely great news. Can't wait! (:

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on August 13, 2023, 06:14:04 PM

Totally want an E. annectens We already have good reglis examples with CollectA and Safari as far as I'm concerned. Not that an even better one would be an earth-shattering disappointment.

Sim

Haolonggood has made two stegosaurians, one ankylosaurid and one nodosaurid currently.  I've been thinking about what ankylosaurid and nodosaurid I'd like next from Haolonggood.  I think I'd be happy with any ankylosaurid I don't already have, while for nodosaurids Denversaurus and Edmontonia rugosidens are too much like Haolonggood's Edmontonia longiceps that I don't think they will make them.  So, the nodosaurid I would like from Haolonggood is Polacanthus!  It would look quite different to the Edmontonia.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on August 27, 2023, 10:05:26 PMHaolonggood has made two stegosaurians, one ankylosaurid and one nodosaurid currently.  I've been thinking about what ankylosaurid and nodosaurid I'd like next from Haolonggood.  I think I'd be happy with any ankylosaurid I don't already have, while for nodosaurids Denversaurus and Edmontonia rugosidens are too much like Haolonggood's Edmontonia longiceps that I don't think they will make them.  So, the nodosaurid I would like from Haolonggood is Polacanthus!  It would look quite different to the Edmontonia.
I'd second that Polocanthus. Guess that it would retire my Papo one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: