News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Pliosaurking on July 14, 2023, 05:49:00 PMWhat an absolutely Fantastic set! I absolutely adore the Prehistoric Planet Beelzebufo, so it's nice to see a model of it!
Totally agree! I was so happy to see him reappear in the second season. :)

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 14, 2023, 05:50:08 PMCongratulations!  It's a beautiful piece to savour.
Thank you! I will do that.  ^-^

Halichoeres

Wow, that's gorgeous! Really looks like it's going to jump off your desk with a wet splat.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 21, 2023, 03:46:16 AMWow, that's gorgeous! Really looks like it's going to jump off your desk with a wet splat.
Thanks! It does right? SenSen's craftsmanship is unchallenged. :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

This small gem arrived today. Beautifully sculpted Troodon formosus mother sitting over her nest with eggs and a first hatchling. Glancing down on her creation in a proud and protecting manner. Sculpted by Kazunari Araki and produced by Favorite. Really happy that I was able to snag this one off eBay. I would absolutely love to see more of these small, affordable resin casted desktop models by Favorite. The quality and craftsmanship speak for themselves.

It may appear bigger than it really is. The babys head is barely the size of a pinhead. It comes with a lovely wooden base like all their desktop models.
Spoiler
[close]

Libraraptor

What a stunning, awesome little Model!  :o

Bread

This is a lovely sculpture. What scale is this at? Looks packed with detail for something so small like the baby's head being as tiny as a pinhead.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on August 14, 2023, 11:33:06 AMThis is a lovely sculpture. What scale is this at? Looks packed with detail for something so small like the baby's head being as tiny as a pinhead.

I'm not quite sure, I'll have to measure it later. I'll also try to get a size comparison shot with the mentioned pinhead. Can't promise anything though. Had to borrow a camera for the photos above and take dozens of photos to get one where the baby got somewhat picked up by the focus...  :))

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 14, 2023, 05:54:54 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 14, 2023, 11:33:06 AMThis is a lovely sculpture. What scale is this at? Looks packed with detail for something so small like the baby's head being as tiny as a pinhead.

I'm not quite sure, I'll have to measure it later. I'll also try to get a size comparison shot with the mentioned pinhead. Can't promise anything though. Had to borrow a camera for the photos above and take dozens of photos to get one where the baby got somewhat picked up by the focus...  :))
No worries about the additional pinhead photo comparisons. I am just curious as to the scale of this.

I am still indecisive on a dromaeosaur large piece, and I've always swayed to these parenthood pieces. Like yours, it's very nice.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on August 15, 2023, 02:31:50 AM

No worries about the additional pinhead photo comparisons. I am just curious as to the scale of this.

I am still indecisive on a dromaeosaur large piece, and I've always swayed to these parenthood pieces. Like yours, it's very nice.

I checked other pictures of the box again and the piece does actually state a scale; 1:10. (But not on my box)
Spoiler
[close]
The mother measured from the tip of the nose along the spine and tail measures about 24cm. So the scale does add up for an individual of 2.4 meters. There seems to be still one piece left of this statue by the same seller here:
Spoiler
But the price has gone up. Heres the size comparison:

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 15, 2023, 08:09:05 AM
Quote from: Bread on August 15, 2023, 02:31:50 AM

I checked other pictures of the box again and the piece does actually state a scale; 1:10. (But not on my box) The mother measured from the tip of the nose along the spine and tail measures about 24cm. So the scale does add up for an individual of 2.4 meters. There seems to be still one piece left of this statue by the same seller here:
Spoiler
But the price has gone up. Heres the size comparison:

Indeed a lovely figure. May I ask you what would be the beautiful sauropod that one can see in the immediate background of the figure?

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 15, 2023, 08:13:07 AMIndeed a lovely figure. May I ask you what would be the beautiful sauropod that one can see in the immediate background of the figure?

Thanks! That is the Brontosaurus ,,ZEUS,, by Guilherme Bilinski. It's a vinyl model. I have pictures in this thread on page 10 here:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10103.180

Bread

Wow that is super tiny, but nonetheless beautifully done model at such a small size, congratulations and thank you for the link. I am considering it but judging by the backlog of models I still need to acquire this will add to the list O:-)

I also see another sauropod figure in the back. Right above the PNSO Borealopelta, what sauropod is that? My guess would be the Haolonggood Apatosaurus, but not 100% sure.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on August 15, 2023, 12:20:03 PMWow that is super tiny, but nonetheless beautifully done model at such a small size, congratulations and thank you for the link. I am considering it but judging by the backlog of models I still need to acquire this will add to the list O:-)

I also see another sauropod figure in the back. Right above the PNSO Borealopelta, what sauropod is that? My guess would be the Haolonggood Apatosaurus, but not 100% sure.

Thank you!  ^-^  No. That's either the Nanmu Shunosaurus or the PNSO Lingwulong. Not quite sure which one you mean. :)

Since I will be moving in together with my girlfriend soon, I've already packed up a lot of books and some figures and freed a ton of shelf space. I've drastically reduced the setup and the figures really get to shine without all the cramming. Here's my current desk setup: (not the best lighting)

Here are my ceratopsians:

My feathered ones:

My hadrosaurs and Iguanodontians:

My stegosaurs (with space for the HG Dacentrurus):

Varia:

And my own customs:

Thats all that I've got on display atm. :)

Crackington

Great pictures avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs - those WWD Ophthalmolosaurs are beautiful!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Bread

Wowo! That is a very nice looking display. I really like the small but plentiful foliage around your displays. I really need to do something like this, too.

Also, it was PNSO Lingwulong in the background of the photo. Sorry for the confusion.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on August 15, 2023, 03:50:35 PMWowo! That is a very nice looking display. I really like the small but plentiful foliage around your displays. I really need to do something like this, too.

Also, it was PNSO Lingwulong in the background of the photo. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks! The foliage does add a lot in some places :) No worries at all.

ceratopsian

Beautiful displays indeed.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Well this is an unexpected addition to the collection. Got really lucky with an eBay auction and was able to acquire th Albertaceratops family scene by Musee studio for less than 1/3 of the original price... :o  The statue is BIG. Bigger than expected. One baby is missing a toe, which isn't noticeable and the ,,foot" soles show quite some paint wear. Besides that it looks almost brand new.

What a fortunate find and what a graceful animal!

Size comparison with a Nanmu Brachiosaurus:
Spoiler
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: