News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Its awesome, probably one of their best actually.

BUT the size is too small. I mean Parasaurolophus and Megalosaurus were the same length right? Megalosaurus is now considered around 9 meters.

Flaffy

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 18, 2023, 01:35:09 AMBUT the size is too small. I mean Parasaurolophus and Megalosaurus were the same length right? Megalosaurus is now considered around 9 meters.

Depends on which specimen you're basing your size estimate from. Can range from 6 meters all the way to 11+.

Bread

Plus isn't the Parasaurolophus closer to 1/25 scale meanwhile the Megalosaurus is closer to 1/30?

Faelrin

The more I look at it, the more the coloration reminds me of the Favorite Baryonyx, maybe the Safari Ltd one as well. I wonder how it sizes up alongside the CollectA model? I imagine this one is closer to 1/35 then CollectA's? In any case I'm glad there's more figures getting out there of this classic theropod, and the first named dinosaur. I also find it interesting that CollectA did one in 2021, PNSO now in 2023, and Mattel has one coming out next year. I'm surprised to see so much attention on it again after so long.

Edit: I meant to post this like over an hour ago, but like the forum wasn't working for me then.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Flaffy on August 18, 2023, 01:56:19 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 18, 2023, 01:35:09 AMBUT the size is too small. I mean Parasaurolophus and Megalosaurus were the same length right? Megalosaurus is now considered around 9 meters.

Depends on which specimen you're basing your size estimate from. Can range from 6 meters all the way to 11+.

11+ sounds lovely, I feel like a 10 inch would be a well rounded figure.
Still might get it if cheap, but I'd rather get a thyreophoran from either PNSO or HLG

TlatolophusJuanorum

They've already updated the AliExpress photos on Megalosaurus sale post (it had Gorgosaurus' instead). I hope its included in the next sale items.

dragon53

Any idea when Aliexpress' next PNSO sale will be?

Bread

Quote from: dragon53 on August 18, 2023, 01:41:35 PMAny idea when Aliexpress' next PNSO sale will be?
Sale starts in less than 3 days. I'll make a post when it starts.

dragon53

BREAD:

Thanks for the info.

SRF

The sale on AliExpress has started. Not all recent PNSO figures are available at a discount, but the Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus are way cheaper now. Time to finally pick them up.

The sale continues for a whole week.
But today, I'm just being father

BlueKrono

Quote from: SRF on August 21, 2023, 08:51:13 AMThe sale on AliExpress has started. Not all recent PNSO figures are available at a discount, but the Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus are way cheaper now. Time to finally pick them up.

The sale continues for a whole week.

Thanks for this!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

Just note for anyone buying PNSO items from their store on Aliexpress, the total is reduced quite a bit compared to what it shows when you add them to your cart!

For example, it showed the total for PNSO's Corythosaurus & Gorgosaurus to be originally $77 in cart but then it dropped down to $68 at checkout and that's with tax included.

Stratos

Hi, I'm new here but have been reading this thread for weeks. I own the new PNSO Cameron the Tyrannosaurus, Lucas the Giganotosaurus, and Thabo the Suchomimus.

I was just checking the sale on AliExpress but when I compare the total cost to ordering from Amazon it doesn't make sense to order from there. What am I missing?

For instance the Yutyrannus comes to $40.87 on AliExpress but $42.35 on Amazon but with two day shipping versus waiting probably 2 weeks from China? Not worth it to save less than $2.its similar with others too. I was hoping there wouldn't be shipping. In live in NY, USA.

Bread

Quote from: Stratos on August 21, 2023, 06:01:02 PMHi, I'm new here but have been reading this thread for weeks. I own the new PNSO Cameron the Tyrannosaurus, Lucas the Giganotosaurus, and Thabo the Suchomimus.

I was just checking the sale on AliExpress but when I compare the total cost to ordering from Amazon it doesn't make sense to order from there. What am I missing?

For instance the Yutyrannus comes to $40.87 on AliExpress but $42.35 on Amazon but with two day shipping versus waiting probably 2 weeks from China? Not worth it to save less than $2.its similar with others too. I was hoping there wouldn't be shipping. In live in NY, USA.
Welcome to the forum!

From what I've gathered, this sale is very specific on the items you order or have in your cart.

For example, ordering 1 model by itself won't save that much money compared to ordering a bulk order. For every $35 spent you save $4, but with PNSO you'll still be paying for shipping so the price doesn't go down as much as expected.

HOWEVER, I just placed a bulk order with 4 models in total, and I saved $20 as compared to what I would spend in total on amazon. Therefore the idea of this sale is for bulk items to be purchased. To also add, $20 saved also includes paying for shipping.

I find PNSO's sales through Aliexpress most of the time not worth it unless I order a bunch, which sucks not going to lie. Meanwhile I've noticed with my bulk Haolonggood order that I saved nearly $30 on just 3 models and two of which are ~$40 in total when ordered without sale.

Stratos

Quote from: Bread on August 21, 2023, 06:11:47 PM
Quote from: Stratos on August 21, 2023, 06:01:02 PMHi, I'm new here but have been reading this thread for weeks. I own the new PNSO Cameron the Tyrannosaurus, Lucas the Giganotosaurus, and Thabo the Suchomimus.

Welcome to the forum!

From what I've gathered, this sale is very specific on the items you order or have in your cart.

For example, ordering 1 model by itself won't save that much money compared to ordering a bulk order. For every $35 spent you save $4, but with PNSO you'll still be paying for shipping so the price doesn't go down as much as expected.

HOWEVER, I just placed a bulk order with 4 models in total, and I saved $20 as compared to what I would spend in total on amazon. Therefore the idea of this sale is for bulk items to be purchased. To also add, $20 saved also includes paying for shipping.

I find PNSO's sales through Aliexpress most of the time not worth it unless I order a bunch, which sucks not going to lie. Meanwhile I've noticed with my bulk Haolonggood order that I saved nearly $30 on just 3 models and two of which are ~$40 in total when ordered without sale.

Okay that makes more sense. It's probably for the better because I just bought the three I mentioned in less than a month and should probably hold off on buying more for a while lol.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Stratos on August 21, 2023, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 21, 2023, 06:11:47 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Okay that makes more sense. It's probably for the better because I just bought the three I mentioned in less than a month and should probably hold off on buying more for a while lol.
You could also add coupons at checkout and end up paying a bit less. They are a deal-breaker at the end   ;)

Antey

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 14, 2023, 07:05:45 AMSorry for the confusion with my comment about the 5-year plan. This was just a slightly sarcastic comment that referred to communist planning economies where they had 5-year plans. The way that PNSO releases their models this year without much consideration of what the market and community might want (ignoring the demand for theropods with lips and ignoring the demand for dinosaurs from other groups) very much resembles this planning economy style of production.
it's amazing how you connected personal political delusions with personal wishes! Some toy manufacturer didn't give the Tyrannosaurus rex lips the way I want - so he's a communist! By the way, China is ruled by communists.

thomasw100

Quote from: Antey on August 23, 2023, 09:16:06 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 14, 2023, 07:05:45 AMSorry for the confusion with my comment about the 5-year plan. This was just a slightly sarcastic comment that referred to communist planning economies where they had 5-year plans. The way that PNSO releases their models this year without much consideration of what the market and community might want (ignoring the demand for theropods with lips and ignoring the demand for dinosaurs from other groups) very much resembles this planning economy style of production.
it's amazing how you connected personal political delusions with personal wishes! Some toy manufacturer didn't give the Tyrannosaurus rex lips the way I want - so he's a communist! By the way, China is ruled by communists.

I will stop getting involved into these discussions.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 23, 2023, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: Antey on August 23, 2023, 09:16:06 PM

Now we are entering the personal attack mode obviously. What is your problem about a simple sarcastic comment? Not politically correct enough?

Isn't this a dinosaur toy form lol? like what are y'all even talking about

Bread

They've had similar statements and instances like this before. Don't feed into it and get yourself in trouble.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: