News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, July 30, 2022, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Now, this is a way better argument than what I came up with.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lynx

I'll be honest I agree there. Even the smallest Schleich product costs an obnoxious amount of money compared to other brands, it's a difficult company to collect figures from. Even as gifts my mom tends to skip out on Schleich because of this.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 23, 2023, 12:21:41 AMDidn't I post a link for this set before? Anyways,in typical Schleich fashion, one of their more decent figures ( bei Schleich standards, who have a long history of pretty terrible Raptors, so it is not saying much ) is of course bundled with a stupid vehicle and a Colby brother. 

Oh, you did, several months ago. I either didn't notice at the time or had forgotten, sorry. I actually tried to search the thread for "Dakotaraptor" before posting, forgetting that within-thread search is still broken.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Prehistory Resurrection

A quite cool offering from Schleich. It reminds me of one of those bosses from Jurassic World: The Game such as Omega 09.

Dinoxels

schleich never fails to make me want to question my sanity (FYI, 2024 Moros. The "leaked list" was a fake.)
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

A harbinger of doom....eh, the 2024 line up, which is not much different than doom actually.

Of course with Moros, there is some room to spectaculate, yet this one feels wrong. Seems to take some clues from the JWD version, but really makes me think of some sort of Gremlin. And the right leg looks rather funky.
Oh no

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Dinoxels on August 26, 2023, 09:18:22 PM
2024 Moros
Where did you find this? It looks revolting but at the same time, I'm intrigued

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Dinoxels on August 26, 2023, 09:47:51 PMhttps://www.instagram.com/mesozoicpark/
source
I hadn't noticed you edited the link in and thought you were sarcastically just saying "from somewhere" lol

Sim

If there won't be a Sinosauropteryx after all, I'm sad about it.  It's such a well-preserved animal that I couldn't imagine Schleich messing it up.

CityRaptor

Useless without an account. Although judging by what I can see, there is gonna be a Brachiosaurus repaint. Also Concavenator, Stegosaurus and some Sauropod as well as a Theropod. Allosaurus maybe?

The Brachiosaurus looks all edgy in dark and red, so presumbly it is Mr. Brachio's goth phase.
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

i hate it.
Usually I try to respect the sculptor. He was not qualified.
A dinosaur figure should not be in the uncanny valley

Stegotyranno420

Okay Stegosaurus, Concavenator, allosaurus  and Bajadasaurus are kind of good actually. If this is what i can see coming to Barnes and Noble, which sells Schliwch.
Decently pleased  :)

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Sim on August 26, 2023, 10:00:59 PMIf there won't be a Sinosauropteryx after all, I'm sad about it.  It's such a well-preserved animal that I couldn't imagine Schleich messing it up.
Same, I'm equally disappointed in the lack of a Shonisaurus. Their replicasaurus model is a lot of fun but it desperately needs updated.

marisaura

Quote from: Sim on August 26, 2023, 10:00:59 PMIf there won't be a Sinosauropteryx after all, I'm sad about it.  It's such a well-preserved animal that I couldn't imagine Schleich messing it up.

you underestimate their power

Carnoking

What is going on with those ankles?

Nyrorosaurus

Additional 2024 reveals: Stegosaurus, Concavenator, Bajadasaurus, Allosaurus, and Brachiosaurus repaint
Spoiler

[close]

Faelrin

I think the Bajadasaurus is probably the most appealing of this batch. Stegosaurus surprisingly has the right digit anatomy, and Concavenator isn't too bad either (legs are a bit too skinny though). 

I started a new for 2024 thread in case anyone is interested.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on August 26, 2023, 10:30:38 PMAdditional 2024 reveals: Stegosaurus, Concavenator, Bajadasaurus, Allosaurus, and Brachiosaurus repaint
Spoiler

[close]
Hey wait a minute...That looks suspiciously similar to Mario Lanzas' 2019 Concavenator. Wouldn't be the first time Schleich did this I guess.

crazy8wizard

Come to think of it, the Moros also seems to be aping off of another paleoart depiction. It kinda looks like Jorge Gonzalez's depiction.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: