News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, August 26, 2023, 10:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

New:

Allosaurus (product code: 15043):

Bajadasaurus (product code: 15042):

Brachiosaurus (product code: 15044; repaint):

Concavenator (product code: 15041):

Moros intrepidus (product code: 15039):

Stegosaurus (product code: 15040):

Limited-Edition Dakotaraptor (product code: 72260; only available on the schleich website as a single figure):

Limited-Edition Yellow Triceratops (product code: 72259; only available on the schleich website as a single figure):

Attack of the dinosaurs trio (product code: 72203):

Dino Temple Conquest (includes Monolophosaurus repaint; product code: 42657):

Retired:

Brachiosaurus (product code: 14581) possibly?:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Nyrorosaurus

Apart from the obvious goofiness of the Moros, I noticed the Concavenator has the same unguligrade legs as last year's Edmontosaurus. The other new sculpts are actually pretty nice by Schleich standards, though. Still a bit sad that the original leaked list didn't turn out to be accurate. I'm so curious about how a Schleich Sinosauropteryx would've turned out.

BlueKrono

Typical Schleich fare. I'll be getting the Bajadasaurus just because of what it is, but it doesn't hold a candle to the CollectA. The Moros is the most jacked dino toy I've ever seen. Happy 2024!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Toasaurus

So the other figures that were leaked the mamanenchisaurus and baby apatosaurus nanotyrannus shonisaurus sinosoaurpoteryx archeapteryx dromeosaurus megalosaurus arrant coming out and we're fake?

Flaffy

The Allosaurus and Bajadasaurus are surprisingly good, considering how their previous Allosaurus and Dicraeosaurid turned out. I'm shocked that they managed to get the Stegosaurus's claw-count correct too, with only two unguals on the manus.

The rest are usual Schleich slop it seems. The sculptor for the Moros and Concavenator clearly know nothing about dinosaur, or heck even basic anatomy.

Pliosaurking

The Moros is... an abomination, the Concavanator is pretty odd looking as well, although not their worst. The Brachiosaurus repaint I have no interest in. The Allosaurus is ok, not the worst or the best. The bajadasaurus is pretty good. My favourite from the lot is that stegosaurus, it's actually a pretty nice looking figure, well done on these 2 Schleich.

Skorpio V.

THE POOR MOROS 😭😭😭

same with the Concavenator but since the legs are straight it's less immediately obvious.

The Allosaurus seems to have a better head sculpt than the Haolonggood one! I think this one is the same sculptor as the Tarbosaurus, newer Tyrannosaurus, and Ceratosaurus of recent years. It's so odd how almost every attempt at an Allosaurus from major brands forget about the enlarged thumb claw. All things considered, solid release by the looks of it.

Same with the Stegosaurus for the most part. The integument on the body is kinda dodgy but the proportions look pretty alright. The face looks cute and pudgy ^-^

I REALLY love the pose on that Bajadasaurus, so imposing! Reminds me of how the Dinheirosaurus was depicted in Dinosaur Revolution!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Lynx

I'm shocked by the negativity to the Concavenator, it was the best of the bunch for me
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

The Moros is cursed. Even Mattel's was better than this and that one was pretty bad too. I don't know if I'm more unsettled by the derpy smile or extra ankles. Schleich has been sculpting dinosaurs for several decades, this is getting absurd.

The Concavenator is better than Papo's at least.  ::)

The Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, and Bajadasaurus are all fine but who needs them? I guess the Bajadasaurus is the highlight for 2024 but I won't be getting any of these. Looking forward to seeing what the extant animals will be though.

PrimevalRaptor

A shame that first leak was wrong, would have been more interesting than this...
That Moros...I wanna applaud the feathers but good lord there is a LOT wrong with this sculpt and the head reminds me of some old stop-motion puppet...good lord
Stegosaurus seems alright, definitely behind the competition though.
Concavenator sure suffers from some limb issues too, which is a shame since the rest of the sculpt looks pretty good, non-shrinkwrapped head and not the usual Schleich scales, maybe it will look better in hand.
Bajadasaurus seems legit good? Definitely better than their Amargasaurus and since I don't have the CollectA one I may consider this one.
The Allosaurus looks like it stepped on a Lego, this is Papo level posing lol
Sculpt itself seems pretty good, especially the head...even if lips are missing. Of course it's missing the thumb claw but that and that pose aside this may be their best offering this year...even if the bar is not too high lol

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on August 27, 2023, 12:39:06 AMI'm shocked by the negativity to the Concavenator, it was the best of the bunch for me

I'm not. The ungulitigrade stance is inexcusable.

Primeval12

Quote from: Flaffy on August 27, 2023, 01:09:23 AM
Quote from: Lynx on August 27, 2023, 12:39:06 AMI'm shocked by the negativity to the Concavenator, it was the best of the bunch for me

Where did you get those pics?

Anyways, I want that Concavenator .I love the Allo to and will be getting that. The best though is the Bajadosaurus .

Faelrin

I'm surprised there's in hand pics for it already. I honestly didn't catch that stance for it at first due to the angle of the pic. That's a pretty bad mistake to make too. It shows a lack of understanding of basic animal anatomy. I did notice the limbs were pretty thin though.

The disparity between the anatomy on the Bajadasaurus and Stegosaurus, and the Moros and Concavenator is pretty wild.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

I cant bealive im the only one who sees this, but

Why do i get the feeling that the Concavenator Ripped off the Carnegie Collction version?

Jose S.M.

To start with positive things I'll say I like the Bajadasaurus, I know the sculpt of the CollectA one is probably better but I prefer the pose on this one and it doesn't look like a bad sculpt at all. Stegosaurus looks nice but I don't know if it's the angle but it doesn't seem to follow the updated proportions.

And then there's Moro's. The face looks like a character from that Dinosaurs! Comedy show from the 80's (I think or early 90's) and the limbs don't make sense. And Concaventor is a missed opportunity. It's head and body look decent but the thin legs and weird feet make it look strange and I don't like the color scheme either.

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on August 27, 2023, 01:19:41 AMI'm surprised there's in hand pics for it already. I honestly didn't catch that stance for it at first due to the angle of the pic. That's a pretty bad mistake to make too. It shows a lack of understanding of basic animal anatomy. I did notice the limbs were pretty thin though.

The disparity between the anatomy on the Bajadasaurus and Stegosaurus, and the Moros and Concavenator is pretty wild.
IMO, Schleich should stay away from predators, though of course that will never happen. The Stego and Bajada look pretty good.

Lynx

what does that mean
It just looks like the usual clown feet, how is this more inexcusable than half the figures on the market?
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Moros looks like a Hensons Dinosaurs remake in the 2010s

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on August 27, 2023, 03:27:19 AM

what does that mean
It just looks like the usual clown feet, how is this more inexcusable than half the figures on the market?

A simple Google search goes a long way, though I do apologise for the minor spelling error.

The Concavenator's hindlimbs literally has an extra joint that should not be there. (same goes for the Moros and last year's Edmontosaurus). The image below depicts a plantigrade, digitgrade and unguligrade stance. Basic biology that any competent sculptor would've noticed and corrected. The WWD Tyrannosaurus suffers from a similar error for reference.

I know you personally give Schleich a lot of leeway and that's fine, but I don't think it's unfair for other people to call out Schleich's nonesense when the situation inevidebly arises year after year. Even Mattel doesn't stoop this low.

suspsy

The Stegosaurus and the Bajadasaurus are the best of this lot. The Moros is hands down the worst, followed by the Concavenator.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: