News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Good catch on that. Hopefully they do continue that trend.

I also agree with T @thomasw100 in that a new Chungkingosaurus would be much appreciated, particularly for those not wanting to have to buy that set (as nice as it is) just to get one. They've also gotten much better with their sculpting since they did their previous stegosaurs (or at least the Tuojiangosaurus, Miragaia, etc with more oversized scalation)
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

T @thomasw100 you can disagree, but don't misunderstand me, I am a fan of herbivorous dinosaurs too.  I just don't want PNSO to remake Chungkingosaurus after this Yangchuanosaurus because then it will be two months of nothing that interests me, going by their usual release schedule.  I don't like that PNSO remade Yangchuanosaurus as I don't think it was necessary and I would prefer variety instead of regular remakes of species that were already well-represented.  PNSO's museum series Chungkingosaurus is still excellent.

I have no problem with herbivore species getting upgraded, in fact I would be interested in PNSO remaking Amargasaurus, that species really needs it.  Also, PNSO updated Mamenchisaurus too.  What herbivore species would you like PNSO to remake?

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2023, 07:04:25 PMT @thomasw100 you can disagree, but don't misunderstand me, I am a fan of herbivorous dinosaurs too.  I just don't want PNSO to remake Chungkingosaurus after this Yangchuanosaurus because then it will be two months of nothing that interests me, going by their usual release schedule.  I don't like that PNSO remade Yangchuanosaurus as I don't think it was necessary and I would prefer variety instead of regular remakes of species that were already well-represented.  PNSO's museum series Chungkingosaurus is still excellent.

I have no problem with herbivore species getting upgraded, in fact I would be interested in PNSO remaking Amargasaurus, that species really needs it.  Also, PNSO updated Mamenchisaurus too.  What herbivore species would you like PNSO to remake?

I would like to see some of the older ceratopsian models with this coarse scale design being remade in the newer style. For example, the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Sinoceratops. Of course some new species would be even better.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2023, 07:04:25 PMT @thomasw100 you can disagree, but don't misunderstand me, I am a fan of herbivorous dinosaurs too.  I just don't want PNSO to remake Chungkingosaurus after this Yangchuanosaurus because then it will be two months of nothing that interests me.
Sorry but I vastly disagree.

If anything, the Chungkingosaurus would be a much appreciated choice to have an updated model. Especially with all the other Stegosaurs being released by various companies, it would be no better time to then release this as an updated model. Plus, it is quite dated based on what PNSO started producing higher quality back in 2020+

If you think the Amargasaurus and Mamenchisaurus (although this one has had an update not too long ago and I'd argue doesn't need anything else done) need an update, how come the poor little Cuungkingosaurus can't get the same attention  :-\

thomasw100

Concerning the Chungkingosaurus, the situation is now compounded by the release of this much improved version of Yangchuanosaurus. Why buy an expensive museum line set to get a slightly outdated Chungkingosaurus and having to pay for a completely outdated Yangchuanosaurus that is now replaced by a much nicer version. This would be quite a bullet to bite. Indeed it would be a good time for PNSO to release some new stegosaurs.

Halichoeres

I'll say this for them: the Megalosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus are at least not from the Cretaceous like the previous dozen releases. That's some minor variation. And the lips are an improvement over their other recent theropods, at least in my opinion. It just seems like a kind of superfluous release given that the museum line one already exists.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I'd prefer a Huayangosaurus and Gigantspinosaurus first!  But not holding my breath!

Quote from: Faelrin on September 03, 2023, 06:58:39 PMavatar_Sim @Sim Good catch on that. Hopefully they do continue that trend.

I also agree with T @thomasw100 in that a new Chungkingosaurus would be much appreciated, particularly for those not wanting to have to buy that set (as nice as it is) just to get one. They've also gotten much better with their sculpting since they did their previous stegosaurs (or at least the Tuojiangosaurus, Miragaia, etc with more oversized scalation)

SenSx

WoW, I now wonder if they would rerelease all previous theropods with lips...

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 03, 2023, 07:28:47 PMI would like to see some of the older ceratopsian models with this coarse scale design being remade in the newer style. For example, the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Sinoceratops. Of course some new species would be even better.
I agree with this.  I already said it in another thread, I would be interested in PNSO's versions of Chasmosaurus, Medusaceratops and Achelousaurus.  I'll add Anchiceratops to that too and actually, there are plenty of chasmosaurines that lack a good model which interest me!  I hope PNSO will focus more on chasmosaurines in the future, more of them need good models than centrosaurines and PNSO has more centrosaurines (6) than chasmosaurines (2) among their medium-sized figures.

Quote from: Bread on September 03, 2023, 07:30:32 PMSorry but I vastly disagree.

If anything, the Chungkingosaurus would be a much appreciated choice to have an updated model. Especially with all the other Stegosaurs being released by various companies, it would be no better time to then release this as an updated model. Plus, it is quite dated based on what PNSO started producing higher quality back in 2020+

If you think the Amargasaurus and Mamenchisaurus (although this one has had an update not too long ago and I'd argue doesn't need anything else done) need an update, how come the poor little Cuungkingosaurus can't get the same attention  :-\

I think the sculpting of PNSO's museum series Chungkingosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus is excellent and there is no need to replace them.  There is nothing inaccurate about the Chungkingosaurus as far as I'm aware, while the Amargasaurus not only should have sails covering the spines, but the first spine should be single, instead PNSO like others made it paired.  The Amargasaurus consequently has major inaccuracies, that's why I think it should be remade.  I didn't say the Mamenchisaurus needs an update, I said it has received an update as thomasw100 didn't include it when listing the herbivores that got updates.

Eatmycar

Lips!

Hooray!

Now if they can get off of this brown and yellow obsession they have we'll see some actual improvements. It's going to be a while before they catch up to Haollonggood frankly but this is a long, long overdue step toward that.

John

Quote from: SenSx on September 03, 2023, 08:05:48 PMWoW, I now wonder if they would rerelease all previous theropods with lips...
That would not be a bad thing.Nor would seeing all their previous herbivores get updates too.Imagine seeing not only an updated Ceratosaurus join the new Yangchuanosaurus but also new and improved Shantungosaurus and Lufengosaurus too.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Sim

Looking at the stegosaurians with good remains that don't have a good figure in the following thread, https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10926.0 , there's not many left.  The only ones are Yingshanosaurus which is very similar to Gigantspinosaurus, Stegosaurus ungulatus which I doubt PNSO would make since they have the museum series S. stenops, and Hesperosaurus which is quite similar to S. stenops.

Among PNSO's medium-sized figure lines, there are 4 stegosaurians, 2 nodosaurids and 2 ankylosaurids.  Personally, although I love stegosaurians, I would prefer PNSO made more nodosaurids and ankylosaurids at this point, e.g. the Hell Creek Denversaurus, the iconic Edmontonia, the Jurassic Morrison Gargoyleosaurus or Mymoorapelta, a non-fragile Jinyunpelta, the also iconic Scolosaurus whose armour has been used to restore that of other ankylosaurids.  I would also be very interested if PNSO made more basal thyreophorans e.g. Jakapil, Scelidosaurus.

Quote from: John on September 03, 2023, 09:15:23 PM
Quote from: SenSx on September 03, 2023, 08:05:48 PMWoW, I now wonder if they would rerelease all previous theropods with lips...
That would not be a bad thing.Nor would seeing all their previous herbivores get updates too.Imagine seeing not only an updated Ceratosaurus join the new Yangchuanosaurus but also new and improved Shantungosaurus and Lufengosaurus too.
I would be interested in a new PNSO Ceratosaurus and Lufengosaurus as medium-sized figures!  I wasn't considering PNSO's large hollow figures when it comes to remakes, because of their different nature to the figures PNSO is making now.  Remakes of PNSO's medium sized figures that I would like are just a 1:35 Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus.

Ivántirrophus

Yangchuanosaurus looks great!
Up till now there are six dinosaurs 2023 with same brown-yellow color.  :/

SenSx

I was about to send some PNSO figures to Dinosaur Artwork get them lips.
I don't know what to do now, should I wait ?

Medzo

Quote from: SenSx on September 04, 2023, 10:16:52 AMI was about to send some PNSO figures to Dinosaur Artwork get them lips.

If you can wait 1-2 years. They won't release everything again with lips in one night.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on September 04, 2023, 10:16:52 AMI was about to send some PNSO figures to Dinosaur Artwork get them lips.

I would wait and see for a few months. Then it will become obvious if this species with lips will be a singuarity or if they change now to all theropods with lips. Further, you will see if they re-release any of the current species with lips.

SRF

I don't believe that PNSO will suddenly re-release their current theropods with lips. Business wise it just doesn't make any sense. They've probably just experimented by giving one of their sculpts lips to see how their factory can handle them. If this figure is going to be the biggest seller of the year, then maybe PNSO will consider giving their figures lips more often. But stating that all their figures will get lips from now on isn't confirmed in any way so I would definitely not count on it.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Why??? is the big question in this matter for me. After doubling down consistently and insisting on the lipless approach, I really am curious as to why PNSO took this new path. Admittedly, they've done lipped figures in the beginning of their run, but they've seemed impervious to pro-lip argumentation ever since. What could have changed their approach? I'm skeptical that any critique on our part would have had any effect. We are a small fish in the large market pond after all.

Bread

If your list is like the one you posted in the "PNSO customs and more" thread, then I'd say you should wait. Especially for Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

I still plan on getting customs made regardless, even if lips become mandatory on all PNSO future therapods, repaints are needed in my opinion.

Bread

LanaTimeShop has the Yangchuanosaurus listed as $30.99 with free shipping.

In my opinion this is definitely a better option than the $60 Yangchuanosaurus set. And I wouldn't say the Chungkingosaurus plus a base no one really cared for is worth the additional $30 if you consider the Yangchuanosaurus as a $30 figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: