News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiversaurus

Agreed too on having non-articulated jaws and lips vs articulated and non-lipped, it seems to me a sensible solution (:

Everything_Dinosaur

We avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur have noted the forum discussion about the new Haolonggood figures and the dialogue with regards to sourcing in relation to shipping and taxes:

[/quote]This is not true. This really depends on where you are, and where you buy the model(s) from.
[/quote]Like I said it depends on where the person is located and where they buy from.

But how can you not take into account shipping and taxes? Others rely on this and I've seen many times where people are swayed by the products shipping and taxes cost. Shipping cost or taxes are too high, people sway away from the product.

For example, having shipped items to Martin Garratt before, I've used LanaTimeShop due to Everything Dinosaur being a little more expensive due to shipping cost. Then again, ED caries some items Lana doesn't, vice versa. But anyways, if I were to ship HLG items to Martin, I'd choose Lana, but for other items like collectA figures I of course have to use ED.

Another example would be shipping items to dinosaur_models_artworks. Shipping to Spain, I was warned that ED would be the more expensive option but Lana and Aliexpress the cheaper option due to shipping. So if I were to start having HLG products ordered to dinosaur_models_artworks I would use HLG or Aliexpress.

My point being that this really depends on location. So to say HLG Carnotaurus is the most expensive of the options available is not at all true.
[/quote]

As well as taxes and shipping costs to consider when making on-line purchases, there are other factors to consider, such as the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations.

Please note, for any forum member purchasing from a country outside of the European Union for delivery into the European Union, these regulations apply.  These new rules have been put in place to strengthen consumer protection.  For example, a retailer based in China would have to have a registered economic operator within the EU in order to ensure compliance.  We at Everything Dinosaur are registered in Germany and we are pleased to announce that all of the 19 different Haolonggood models coming into stock at our company have been registered under the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations and therefore will be compliant (see enclosed image that shows our labelling that is required under these new laws for every parcel despatched from the UK to customers in the EU).

These links provide a brief outline of the legislation:

EU Market Surveillance Regulations - Short Explanation

EU Market Surveillance Regulations - Details

We do urge caution when placing orders from companies outside of the EU for delivery into the EU.  Parcels that are non-compliant are at risk of being stopped at the EU border and confiscated.  It might be sensible to ask the seller for assurances before making a purchase.

Everything Dinosaur can assure all customers in the EU that all the Haolonggood figures that we are bringing into stock are compliant with this legislation.

thomasw100

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 05, 2023, 10:30:10 AMWe avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur have noted the forum discussion about the new Haolonggood figures and the dialogue with regards to sourcing in relation to shipping and taxes:

This is not true. This really depends on where you are, and where you buy the model(s) from.
[/quote]Like I said it depends on where the person is located and where they buy from.

But how can you not take into account shipping and taxes? Others rely on this and I've seen many times where people are swayed by the products shipping and taxes cost. Shipping cost or taxes are too high, people sway away from the product.

For example, having shipped items to Martin Garratt before, I've used LanaTimeShop due to Everything Dinosaur being a little more expensive due to shipping cost. Then again, ED caries some items Lana doesn't, vice versa. But anyways, if I were to ship HLG items to Martin, I'd choose Lana, but for other items like collectA figures I of course have to use ED.

Another example would be shipping items to dinosaur_models_artworks. Shipping to Spain, I was warned that ED would be the more expensive option but Lana and Aliexpress the cheaper option due to shipping. So if I were to start having HLG products ordered to dinosaur_models_artworks I would use HLG or Aliexpress.

My point being that this really depends on location. So to say HLG Carnotaurus is the most expensive of the options available is not at all true.
[/quote]

As well as taxes and shipping costs to consider when making on-line purchases, there are other factors to consider, such as the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations.

Please note, for any forum member purchasing from a country outside of the European Union for delivery into the European Union, these regulations apply.  These new rules have been put in place to strengthen consumer protection.  For example, a retailer based in China would have to have a registered economic operator within the EU in order to ensure compliance.  We at Everything Dinosaur are registered in Germany and we are pleased to announce that all of the 19 different Haolonggood models coming into stock at our company have been registered under the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations and therefore will be compliant (see enclosed image that shows our labelling that is required under these new laws for every parcel despatched from the UK to customers in the EU).

These links provide a brief outline of the legislation:

EU Market Surveillance Regulations - Short Explanation

EU Market Surveillance Regulations - Details

We do urge caution when placing orders from companies outside of the EU for delivery into the EU.  Parcels that are non-compliant are at risk of being stopped at the EU border and confiscated.  It might be sensible to ask the seller for assurances before making a purchase.

Everything Dinosaur can assure all customers in the EU that all the Haolonggood figures that we are bringing into stock are compliant with this legislation.

[/quote]

But why should I as resident of the EU order Haolonggood products from a store in the UK when I can order them right away from a store in the EU like from Speelboer in the Netherlands? This makes no sense at all. When ordering from the UK, there is always customs issues involved, and typically I have to go to the post office and pick my package up and then pay taxes and customs plus a DHL handling fee of 6 Euros for every shipment. The latter is what I find the most upsetting, because it applies regardless of the value of the goods. So more costs and more time wasted on getting my package.

Surprisingly, this has never happened with shipments from Lana. They obviously manage to pay all the taxes and fees in advance and the packages are right away delivered to my door. They explicitly wrote to me for big orders of resin models that they have taken care of all the paperwork and the payment of taxes and customs fees.

Finally I strongly dislike your fearmongering message about goods being confiscated because of non-compliance. This has never happened to me. Trying to increase the sales of your store by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt is not a nice way. This reminds me of the style of communication that was used to spread uncertainty about the CE compliance of the Haolonggood products earlier this year.

SidB

Yes, T @thomasw100 , it sure was reassuring to learn that HLG wasn't fabricating its products out of blocks of strontium or polonium. We can safely leave that activity for those unfortunate enough to drink tea with a certain despot.

Everything_Dinosaur

We note your comments but we do stress caution.  We do recommend that you check with the potential supplier, prior to making a purchase.  Ultimately, these European regulations are in place to protect consumers.  Items designated as toys and coming under the EU 2009/48 Toy Directive are specfically affected by the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations.  Whilst some models, such as collectibles and resin figures might be exempt, all items classified as toys are covered by these laws (they came into force in July 2021).

The links we included in our response will provide more information with regards to EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations and you can also use google and any other search engine to find further information.

Here is a link that highlights the steps Amazon took prior to these regulations introduced:Amazon advice over 2019/1020

The impact of these regulations led to the removal of many products from Amazon platforms, as the costs for registering products under these regulations are high.

We can assure all our customers that we have registered several manufacturer's brands under 2019/1020 regulations.  This includes all the figures in our Haolonggood shipment. Which, for the record, is due to dock at Felixstowe port in the UK on 13th September.  We expect a customs inspection.

We do understand your frustration about having to pay additional fees when sourcing goods from outside the EU.  It is likely that you are being sold those items Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) which means that it is you the buyer who is responsible for the payment of any taxes, fees or duties on the product.  This often includes a handling fee from the courier.

Search for companies that offer products Delivery Duty Paid (DDP).  This means it is the seller that takes responsibility for payment of all customs duties, tarrifs, fees and other charges related to the shipment of the item.  The price you pay at checkout should be the final, total price you have to pay.

To be able to offer DDP, the supplier needs to be registered in the EU or to have appointed a fiscal representative in the EU.

As we offer a fully tracked DDP service to our EU customers, naturally, we are registered in the EU to ensure compliance.

We hope this information proves helpful.

Bread

Some in hand images posted by Paleofigures on FB.

Tail seems a little too skinny. But I vastly prefer this Carnotaurus over all other releases of this genus.

Quiversaurus

Wow, the grey version really does stand out! I like the comparison with the PNSO Megalosaurus - they really can stand toe to toe with each other, quality-wise. Great model no doubt!

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 05, 2023, 01:38:44 PMWe note your comments but we do stress caution.  We do recommend that you check with the potential supplier, prior to making a purchase.  Ultimately, these European regulations are in place to protect consumers.  Items designated as toys and coming under the EU 2009/48 Toy Directive are specfically affected by the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations.  Whilst some models, such as collectibles and resin figures might be exempt, all items classified as toys are covered by these laws (they came into force in July 2021).

The links we included in our response will provide more information with regards to EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations and you can also use google and any other search engine to find further information.

Here is a link that highlights the steps Amazon took prior to these regulations introduced:Amazon advice over 2019/1020

The impact of these regulations led to the removal of many products from Amazon platforms, as the costs for registering products under these regulations are high.

We can assure all our customers that we have registered several manufacturer's brands under 2019/1020 regulations.  This includes all the figures in our Haolonggood shipment. Which, for the record, is due to dock at Felixstowe port in the UK on 13th September.  We expect a customs inspection.

We do understand your frustration about having to pay additional fees when sourcing goods from outside the EU.  It is likely that you are being sold those items Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) which means that it is you the buyer who is responsible for the payment of any taxes, fees or duties on the product.  This often includes a handling fee from the courier.

Search for companies that offer products Delivery Duty Paid (DDP).  This means it is the seller that takes responsibility for payment of all customs duties, tarrifs, fees and other charges related to the shipment of the item.  The price you pay at checkout should be the final, total price you have to pay.

To be able to offer DDP, the supplier needs to be registered in the EU or to have appointed a fiscal representative in the EU.

As we offer a fully tracked DDP service to our EU customers, naturally, we are registered in the EU to ensure compliance.

Wait, are you implying that any model from any company is toxic if purchased elsewhere?

MLMjp

This is by far one of the most pleasantly looking Carnotaurus I have seen in a while, bare the scales, lips and tail inaccuracies which honestly don't bother me that much. For a while I've been wanting to get a new Carnotaurus and there's something about this figure that I find more pleasant that other offerings like Safari or PNSO´s.

It will also be while until I get this one though...ther is other stuff that takes priority. But I'm glad there is finally a Carnotaurus that satisfies me enough, and the size is perfect. Unsure which color I prefer, though.

Eatmycar

Damn.

That in-hand gray one looks gorgeous. What a beauty!

Gwangi

Let's see. I have Carnotaurus figures by Safari, Carnegie, Battat, Schleich, Mattel, and Papo.

Repeat mantra...

"I do not need another Carnotaurus, I do not need another Carnotaurus, I do not need another Carnotaurus"

Flaffy

Safari vs Haolonggood tail thickness. Very striking difference I'd say, quite unfortunate too :-\

Pic of Safari Carnotaurus by L @Leyster

Mattyonyx

IMHO, Safari Ltd.'s Carnotaurus is criminally underrated.

postsaurischian

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 05, 2023, 11:17:42 AMFinally I strongly dislike your fearmongering message about goods being confiscated because of non-compliance. This has never happened to me. Trying to increase the sales of your store by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt is not a nice way. This reminds me of the style of communication that was used to spread uncertainty about the CE compliance of the Haolonggood products earlier this year.

.... for which Everything_Dinosaur has never expressed any regret. Back then I decided not to buy from them anymore.
 Reading this new "information" reaffirms my attitude. Their behavior is presumptuous. Why all those indoctrinations?
 By the way - Great Britain meanwhile has become one of the worst options for EU citizens when it comes to shipping quotes and taxes.

Eatmycar

Quote from: Flaffy on September 05, 2023, 09:40:34 PMSafari vs Haolonggood tail thickness. Very striking difference I'd say, quite unfortunate too :-\

Yeah that puts it into perspective. Like, don't get me wrong, HLG's is solid, but the tail is much better on Safari's.

And it has lips.

Damn. It's nowhere near as bad an oversight as Ouranosaurus' spike but it's definitely a weird thing to miss on Carnotaurus.

Flaffy

Quote from: Eatmycar on September 05, 2023, 10:39:58 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on September 05, 2023, 09:40:34 PMSafari vs Haolonggood tail thickness. Very striking difference I'd say, quite unfortunate too :-\

Yeah that puts it into perspective. Like, don't get me wrong, HLG's is solid, but the tail is much better on Safari's.

And it has lips.

Damn. It's nowhere near as bad an oversight as Ouranosaurus' spike but it's definitely a weird thing to miss on Carnotaurus.

Indeed. A real shame. Had hoped that Haolonggood would be more rigorous in their scientific research after the Ouranosaurus debacle. While I understand that companies generally like to keep the production process under wraps for various reasons, I personally believe sharing WIP stages of sculpts can garner invaluable feedback from customers. And in the case of dinosaur models, customers can help spot any inaccuracies before the sculpt goes into production ;)

Wally-217

Quote from: Flaffy on September 02, 2023, 02:42:52 PMavatar_Bread @Bread (snip)
As a UK customer, it would therefore be inaccurate to say that HLG is cheaper than the other 3 companies in the list.

Apologies! I did not wish to spread any misinformation. It's listed at $18 with free shipping on lana (~£15). Schleich's is £16 in-store (it wasn't appearing on ED's search sorry!), Papo £17, CollectA >£22. Hairpin difference I know, I wasn't intended to be too literal but I was really just trying to drive home how high the visual quality is for the price range. Echoing VampireDesigns' more recent reply, compared to PNSO's inflated $50-$80 pricing, I think they've been doing a pretty stellar job of managing value. Research, QC and iteration sound like pretty costly investments after all and something about HLG's sculpts and paintwork just capture that essence of life for me almost on par with figures an order of magnitude more expensive.

I also don't think Everything Dinosaurs post should be a point of contention. They are correct on both cases. I can say first-hand that I have received figures from overseas stores that I really should have had to pay import fees on, it is very common practice. Customs fees vary by country and the UK where I'm from seem pretty lax lately but it absolutely does put native stores at a competitive disadvantage when overseas stores declare goods values incorrectly. Aliexpress is different here as they do collect VAT up front on your order but they are still right to exercise caution. Bootleg figures for example are well known to be lax on health standards, even products from amazon can be hazardous. Rebor themselves have made similar comments on this in the past. Toys are also one of the most commonly seized goods by customs. While the CE comments were off-key, neither HLG or ED have expressed disdain about the miscommunication and I believe the end result was favorable to everyone, especially us consumers.

TL;DR - what a great time to be a figure collector!

Faelrin

avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx It is still one of my all time favorites from them.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi How I feel as well. Plus there is the upcoming Cyberzoic (and later on Mattel HC one too). Who knows if PNSO will do an updated version to take into account the 2021 paper as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 05, 2023, 01:38:44 PMWe note your comments but we do stress caution.  We do recommend that you check with the potential supplier, prior to making a purchase.  Ultimately, these European regulations are in place to protect consumers.  Items designated as toys and coming under the EU 2009/48 Toy Directive are specfically affected by the EU 2019/1020 Market Surveillance regulations.  Whilst some models, such as collectibles and resin figures might be exempt, all items classified as toys are covered by these laws (they came into force in July 2021).

I have a very simple answer to all this. I just buy my products directly from my favorite store in the EU (https://www.speelboer.com/modellen/haolonggood). Problem solved.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 05, 2023, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on September 05, 2023, 11:17:42 AMFinally I strongly dislike your fearmongering message about goods being confiscated because of non-compliance. This has never happened to me. Trying to increase the sales of your store by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt is not a nice way. This reminds me of the style of communication that was used to spread uncertainty about the CE compliance of the Haolonggood products earlier this year.

.... for which Everything_Dinosaur has never expressed any regret. Back then I decided not to buy from them anymore.
 Reading this new "information" reaffirms my attitude. Their behavior is presumptuous. Why all those indoctrinations?
 By the way - Great Britain meanwhile has become one of the worst options for EU citizens when it comes to shipping quotes and taxes.

For me the logic is very simple. If I can wait with purchasing new releases from for example Haolonggood or PNSO, I will order them from Speelboer in the Netherlands. This is in the EU, no issues with delivery, and they are very friendly and ship quite fast. If I do not want to wait (like with the Dacentrurus), I will order them from Lana Time Shop. Statistically, based on my experience, the risk of having serious issues with customs is very low. You pay your handling fees, taxes and dues and you are good. For resin models, they are not toys but collectibles so all this legal stuff Everything Dinosaurs talks about does not apply. Mostly I order them from Lana Time Shop, because they just have an excellent selection of such models. Lana is very experienced with shipping these models to all sorts of countries so I am confident that I should not have any problems. Finally, I have started to order some 3D printed models from Dinosauria Creatures which again is in the EU (they are in Spain). They offer a superb customer service and excellent communication. So there is absolutely no need for Everything Dinosaur in this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: