News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samrukia

wow didn't expect this

the head looks different from what i'm used to see, was the skull ever found?

Fembrogon

Now that's a cool surprise! Should be smaller and more affordable than the Apatosaurus was.
Is this the first toy of the genus besides the Collecta?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 09, 2023, 03:38:05 AMNow that's a cool surprise! Should be smaller and more affordable than the Apatosaurus was.
As far as I remember, there is also a PNSO mini figure of it.
It sure is another pleasant surprise.

Samrukia

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 09, 2023, 03:38:05 AMNow that's a cool surprise! Should be smaller and more affordable than the Apatosaurus was.

according to dinotoycollector, there were also Mattel one and PNSO mini

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 09, 2023, 03:04:44 AM1:35 Ampelosaurus

:o  :D  Beautiful surprise!

Fembrogon

Shoot, I think I even own that mini. Oops!
A full-size replica is welcome regardless.

Bread

Not only is this a great welcome of an updated figure for this genus, but one with colors too? Definitely an instant pickup.

Haolonggood is really trying to be my all time favorite company.

I am pretty sure. Most likely this won't exceed $60.

SidB

This Ampelosaurus was quite unexpected, but very welcome. Gr/HLG have done a good job with their sauropods so far, so I'm looking forward to more details. This figure would replace the old CollectA one in my diorama.

suspsy

Only two images. Guess I'll wait until more show up before I announce this one on the blog.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Beautiful sauropod. Looks cute too. Looking forward to seeing more pics of this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Excellent surprise to wake up to!  A good choice of genus. Nice to see a European dinosaur getting a spot in the limelight too.

thomasw100

What a really nice surprise. It always makes me so happy if I see another sauropod model being announced. This will be somewhat smaller than the Apatosaurus, but it is not a very small species either. The Eofauna sauropod book lists a length estimate (measured along the spine from snout to tip of the tail) of 16 m which would be roughly 46 cm. So I would guess that the horizontal length would be perhaps somewhere around 40 cm, maybe even a bit smaller that that. I note that the Ampelosaurus cannot be the large prototype we have seen in some leaked images which was allegedly an Alamosaurus. So there may be even another sauropod in the making.

thomasw100

From what I quickly read, there was actually some decent fossil material found. Initially several vertebrae, ribs, chevron bones, limb bones and a pelvis were found. Later, a rather complete skeleton of a young adult about 10 m long was found, which included a disarticulated skull. Interesting is that also osteoderms were found. Initially Ampelosaurus was found in France, but later some vertebrae were also found in Italy. A skeletal reconstruction was published by Dal Sasso et al. in 2016.

bmathison1972

Ampelosaurus? That was unexpected! I am pretty sure I'll snag this one!

SidB

I'm wondering if this figure will come in HLG's customary two color variants?

BlueKrono

Well that is cool. They've got my 💸 for this one.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

Quote from: SidB on September 09, 2023, 01:19:01 PMI'm wondering if this figure will come in HLG's customary two color variants?
From what I can tell yes.

If you look at the two images we have so far, one is green body with a very orange neck to head. The other is grey body with a small use of orange with a tan streak underneath. Based on what I can tell.

Roar

I can't wait for the Ampelosaurus. So cool to own a European sauropod!Haolonggood you are the best!
Onwards to adventure!

bmathison1972

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on September 09, 2023, 03:41:31 AM
As far as I remember, there is also a PNSO mini figure of it.
It sure is another pleasant surprise.

There is also a Mattel JW version I think

Lynx

Might be the only one, but I like how sometimes we get surprised, and other times there are WIPs shown.  ;D
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: