News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2024 wishes and hopes

Started by Sim, August 28, 2023, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Again, I would love to see Safari return to revealing their new products all at once like they used to.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on September 04, 2023, 05:24:52 PMI would like it if Safari released a repaint of their retired Nigersaurus, like they did for their Kentrosaurus.  I wanted to buy the Safari Nigersaurus but it's become hard to find and the only one on eBay that wasn't a bootleg was being sold for over $50!  It would be nice to see it back with a new colouration.  S @Shane is it too soon to produce a repaint of the Safari Nigersaurus?

I'd much prefer Safari release a completely new sculpt for Nigersaurus. Plenty of inaccuracies on the old one.
- Neck is too short
- Head is far too big
- Body's probably too compact
- Forelimb and Hindlimb anatomy do not reflect current science

I still wish Safari gave their Kentrosaurus a much needed resculpt rather than just a simple repaint.

Sim

A completely new Nigersaurus would be nice, but I would be satisfied by a re-release of the current one with a repaint too.  If you're looking for a good Kentrosaurus I would highly recommend the one by CollectA.

Sim

Oh, I forgot to say, I doubt Safari will make a completely new Nigersaurus.  The only Wild Safari species that were retired and then received remakes, as far as I'm aware, have all been popular dinosaurs: Edmontosaurus, Utahraptor, Styracosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus...  I don't see the demand for an all-new Nigersaurus being enough for Safari to make one...

Sim

Lately I've been finding Deinosuchus interesting.  I have the Safari Sarcosuchus and it's excellent.  So I think Safari could do an equally excellent Deinosuchus, this would also be a Carnegie figure replacement.  REBOR's Deinosuchus look great, but the one I like, the dark one, I've seen has the back of the jaw stick out unconnected to the side of the head and that makes me not want the figure.  In addition it's sold out, and I've read its osteoderms are inaccurate.  I can just imagine how good a Safari Deinosuchus would be if it was sculpted standing up like the Safari Sarcosuchus but with its mouth open!

Another species I'd like from Safari is Tuojiangosaurus.  There isn't a toy of this unique-looking stegosaurian that does it justice since the large PNSO gets the plates wrong, possibly the posture too.  Safari's 2019 Stegosaurus is excellent, I wish we got more of that goodness in the form of another Doug Watson stegosaurian!

Jorgesaurus

New T.Rex, Miragaia,Tuojiangosaurus, Corythosaurus, Maiasaura, Gallimimus, New Acrocanthosaurus, Chasmosaurus and Pentaceratopd.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Sim on September 10, 2023, 10:24:52 PMLately I've been finding Deinosuchus interesting.  I have the Safari Sarcosuchus and it's excellent.  So I think Safari could do an equally excellent Deinosuchus, this would also be a Carnegie figure replacement.  REBOR's Deinosuchus look great, but the one I like, the dark one, I've seen has the back of the jaw stick out unconnected to the side of the head and that makes me not want the figure.  In addition it's sold out, and I've read its osteoderms are inaccurate.  I can just imagine how good a Safari Deinosuchus would be if it was sculpted standing up like the Safari Sarcosuchus but with its mouth open!
Deinosuchus would be an excellent choice for sure, especially for those of us who would rather not pay Rebor prices for one. I'm actually a bit surprised more brands haven't tackled the "terrible crocodile" already.

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 11, 2023, 05:24:17 AM
Quote from: Sim on September 10, 2023, 10:24:52 PMLately I've been finding Deinosuchus interesting.  I have the Safari Sarcosuchus and it's excellent.  So I think Safari could do an equally excellent Deinosuchus, this would also be a Carnegie figure replacement.  REBOR's Deinosuchus look great, but the one I like, the dark one, I've seen has the back of the jaw stick out unconnected to the side of the head and that makes me not want the figure.  In addition it's sold out, and I've read its osteoderms are inaccurate.  I can just imagine how good a Safari Deinosuchus would be if it was sculpted standing up like the Safari Sarcosuchus but with its mouth open!
Deinosuchus would be an excellent choice for sure, especially for those of us who would rather not pay Rebor prices for one. I'm actually a bit surprised more brands haven't tackled the "terrible crocodile" already.
For me it would be a certain acquisition, if it was a Doug Watson creation.

suspsy

I would definitely snap up Deinosuchus or Purussaurus.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on September 11, 2023, 01:42:30 PMI would definitely snap up Deinosuchus or Purussaurus.

Same, but Purussaurus is probably my most wanted crocodilian, it's on all my wish lists. Mattel will probably make one before any of these other companies do.  ::) 

Daspletodave

I'd like to see Plateosaurus, Corythosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Camptosaurus, Tenontosaurus, and Gastonia.

EuropaSuchus

I wanna see them returning to ceratopsians and making another one from Doug. Spiclypeus or Furcatoceratops would be nice.

SpartanSquat

I hope we will see the return of reitred ones like most of the ceratopsians, inostrancevia.
New ones: Corythosaurus, Torosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Torvosaurus,Coryphodon, Chalicotherium or Moropus

Jose S.M.

I would like to see more of the "replacements" for the Carnegie line, like Maiasaura, Protoceratops or the feathered ones that are left. And of course more non dinosaurs.

suspsy

Repasting from the Haolonggood thread:

My dinosaur desires:

Torosaurus
Centrosaurus
Anchiceratops
Judiceratops

Tenontosaurus
Corythosaurus
Brachylophosaurus
Tsintaosaurus

Scelidosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Tarchia
Scolosaurus

Plateosaurus
Aardonyx
Brachytrachelopan
Europasaurus

Rajasaurus
Rugops
Irritator
Sinraptor

Gallimimus
Gigantoraptor
Nothronychus
Austroraptor

Sinotyrannus
Maip
Dryptosaurus
Gorgosaurus

Takama

Heterodontosaurus tucki

WHY HAS NO ONE DONE ONE except inpro back in the 70s?

I got so tired of waiting I commisiond PaleoChris to create one for his 3D prints. And its in 1:35 even.

But why do the big companys insist on ignoring what potentially can be, a long tailed porkupine with tusks?

Whats not cool about that? For kids to play with?

Also more of a wish but i know its not on me,   but when a roster is anouced for retirement, I hope almost half another year is not gutted (poor old 2020, I can see now on life support with your remaining models)

Sim

Transmutazors made Heterodontosaurus, I had one when I was little in the 90s.  PNSO might have made Heterodontosaurus if Tianyulong didn't exist.

As for the 2020 Safari figures, the Deinonychus appears to be selling very well.

GojiraGuy1954

Dryosaurus and a megaraptoran (Maip or Australovenator maybe) would be cool
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: marisaura on August 28, 2023, 09:09:56 PMi also really want to see their take on another synapsid since their estemmenosuchus looks so good. i think their style would fit cotylorhynchus or lystrosaurus, two taxa i'd really love to see figures of, very well.
Cotylorhynchus is one that has never gotten a figure (to my knowledge) but desperately needs one. Preferably to scale with their Dimetrodon.

On a personal note about it, my friend and I came up with this thing called a "dumb-o-saurus rex" in sixth grade that was this bulky reptile that had a hilariously tiny little head. As it turned out, we'd independently reinvented a Cotylorhynchus. So I would really like my own dumb-o-saurus rex if possible.

profnik

:D My wish and hopes for safari ltd is

Wild Safari Prehistoric World:
Tiktaalik
Dreadnoughtus
Megaloceros (Irish Elk)
Anchiornis
Cave Bear
Archelon
Gallimimus
Dire Wolf
Marsupial lion
Lystrosaurus
Meganeura
Protoceratops OR Kosmoceratops?

Mythical realms:
Loch Ness Monsters (Nessie)

Toobs:

🦤Extinct Animals Toobs:
Thylacine
Dodo Bird
Quagga
Great Auk
Baiji Dolphin
Stellers seacow
Giant moa
Aurochs

🦣Ice Age Toobs:
Cave Bear
Woolly mammoth
Smilodon
Woolly rhino
Dire wolf
Irish elk
Glyptodon
American Mastodon
Giant sloth
Cave lion

🦖T-Rex Toobs
Gorgosaurus
Nanotyrannus

T-Rex (Replaced from feather Dino Toobs)

Yutyrannus

Baby T-Rex (Replaced from Dino babies Toobs)

Nanuqsaurus
Qianzhousaurus
Daspletosaurus
Albertosaurus

Good Luck Minis:
Saber-tooth Tiger(smilodon)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: