News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatmycar

That black Ampelosaurus is heavenly. If I wasn't into 1/18 I'd so get it. Glad to see they're still working on perfecting lips as well.

This company keeps dropping banger after banger.

Over9K

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on September 25, 2023, 05:49:16 PM

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. The sculpt of the body is fantastic, the colorway is incredible, but the pose is static and lifeless and the head in close-up really looks like it was sculpted by AI.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I agree regarding the color being gorgeous, but tbh I kind of disagree about the pose and scales. To me the pose, while not the most dynamic, is great for displaying the actual anatomy of the creature with how neutral it is, and while the scales aren't the most naturalistic, I kind of like the more crisp look they have aesthetically, though I'm not entirely sure why. For me the only real downside is the size, being too large for 1/35.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Should clarify this is all personal preference, I'm not trying to say ur opinion is wrong or anything lol.

Sim

I'm going to disagree with Dinosdragons regarding the scales on the snout, they are exactly what has been predicted for tyrannosaurids from bone texture, so they are more realistic than dragon-like.  It's always looked weird to me, but it is realistic and I appreciate that.  I also believe this figure is D. horneri not D. torosus, based on previous discussion in this thread.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I wasn't aware of their accuracy, that's really neat actually! Props to haolonggood for going with the more accurate depiction in that case.

Over9K

Quote from: Sim on September 25, 2023, 08:37:37 PMI'm going to disagree with Dinosdragons regarding the scales on the snout, they are exactly what has been predicted for tyrannosaurids from bone texture, so they are more realistic than dragon-like.  It's always looked weird to me, but it is realistic and I appreciate that.  I also believe this figure is D. horneri not D. torosus, based on previous discussion in this thread.

The science predicts crisp uniform, symmetrical scales laid out in that specific pattern? IMO, it looks like a woven fabric, like a machine, or a process was used to get them perfect. To me this looks very artificial in execution.

Sim

Scales in reptiles often look uniform or "factory-stamped" and crisp.  The prediction for tyrannosaurid facial scales is large ornamental scales in rows on the maxilla.

TlatolophusJuanorum

I just received my black Ampelosaurus and I am in awe on how fast it arrived and, sure thing, the outstanding job on it (Head aside). I took some random night pictures.

Meeting Apato

Always impressed with HG! If the Alamosaurus sanjuanensis and Edmontosaurus annectens rumours are true, those will make a fine addition to my collection. They have a clear path, as PNSO keeps going down Theropod lane. ;D

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on September 26, 2023, 03:54:25 AMI just received my black Ampelosaurus and I am in awe on how fast it arrived and, sure thing, the outstanding job on it (Head aside). I took some random night pictures.

Meeting Apato

Always impressed with HG! If the Alamosaurus sanjuanensis and Edmontosaurus annectens rumours are true, those will make a fine addition to my collection. They have a clear path, as PNSO keeps going down Theropod lane. ;D
Love the outdoor shots of the figure. As for said rumors, the model of the Alamosaurus (speculativly said species) was leaked a while ago and Edmontosaurus was outright confirmed under the comments of a instagram post(Hoping it is annectens too).Their herbivores are always a knockout!

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Faelrin on September 26, 2023, 04:21:27 AMavatar_cryolophosaurus @cryolophosaurus What's with the link in your post?
I think it is just a missing space over there.
avatar_cryolophosaurus @cryolophosaurus what a charming notice! Maybe some Christmas figures? (hope so)

cryolophosaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Woops, just a typo. Was typing on the move.

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum Thank you and yes, Big figures like that would be great for the holiday. End the year with a bang.

Quiversaurus

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum avatar_cryolophosaurus @cryolophosaurus Definitely looking forward to their Edmontosaurus too. I feel like Ancestors Models' version is the current stellar reproduction for me, and am excited for HLG's take, just to compare.

dragon53

dragon53

Roar

Oh man I can't wait for the next reveal. Hope something's going to drop anytime soon. Hope Dilophosaurus.
Onwards to adventure!

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Roar on September 29, 2023, 10:45:14 PMOh man I can't wait for the next reveal. Hope something's going to drop anytime soon. Hope Dilophosaurus.
As their previous releases had included
a pair of theropod+herbivore (to include Ampelosaurus into recent ornithischians), I would love too Dilophosaurus plus any surprising herbivore out there. Is it time for their next Ceratopsian/Ornithopod? We already have 2 thyreophorans and a titanosaur lately. Let's take a bet and wait for the unexpected beautiful new releases! ;D

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on September 30, 2023, 02:29:04 AM
Quote from: Roar on September 29, 2023, 10:45:14 PMOh man I can't wait for the next reveal. Hope something's going to drop anytime soon. Hope Dilophosaurus.
As their previous releases had included
a pair of theropod+herbivore (to include Ampelosaurus into recent ornithischians), I would love too Dilophosaurus plus any surprising herbivore out there. Is it time for their next Ceratopsian/Ornithopod? We already have 2 thyreophorans and a titanosaur lately. Let's take a bet and wait for the unexpected beautiful new releases! ;D
I imagine there's a good chance it will be their edmontosaurus, but personally I'm holding out hope that they make Sarahsaurus, a contemporary to dilo.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: