News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiversaurus

avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo Agreed, an Edmontosaurus, Iguanodon or another hadrosaur would be great, seeing how stellar their Ouranosauruses were!

Roar

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on September 30, 2023, 02:29:04 AM
Quote from: Roar on September 29, 2023, 10:45:14 PMOh man I can't wait for the next reveal. Hope something's going to drop anytime soon. Hope Dilophosaurus.
As their previous releases had included
a pair of theropod+herbivore (to include Ampelosaurus into recent ornithischians), I would love too Dilophosaurus plus any surprising herbivore out there. Is it time for their next Ceratopsian/Ornithopod? We already have 2 thyreophorans and a titanosaur lately. Let's take a bet and wait for the unexpected beautiful new releases! ;D
It's almost coming to the point I am at the edge of my seat to find out if there are new releases. And I love it! That's the feeling I want to have with figure collecting.
Onwards to adventure!

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Roar on October 01, 2023, 09:04:14 PM
Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on September 30, 2023, 02:29:04 AM
Quote from: Roar on September 29, 2023, 10:45:14 PMOh man I can't wait for the next reveal. Hope something's going to drop anytime soon. Hope Dilophosaurus.
As their previous releases had included
a pair of theropod+herbivore (to include Ampelosaurus into recent ornithischians), I would love too Dilophosaurus plus any surprising herbivore out there. Is it time for their next Ceratopsian/Ornithopod? We already have 2 thyreophorans and a titanosaur lately. Let's take a bet and wait for the unexpected beautiful new releases! ;D
It's almost coming to the point I am at the edge of my seat to find out if there are new releases. And I love it! That's the feeling I want to have with figure collecting.

Yaaas! Daydreaming about possibilities of new figures makes it much exciting too!  ;D
I wonder if Haolonggood will deliver further a Chinese dinosaur emblem, such as Tsintaosaurus, Shantugosaurus or so, as their national parties are being held these days. Any choice will surely be great!

Quiversaurus

I feel like a new release is just round the corner... So excited :))

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 04, 2023, 04:16:45 PMI feel like a new release is just round the corner... So excited :))
A smelly smell that smells smelly...

DefinitelyNOTDilo

My personal bet is Dilophosaurus and edmontosaurus, given that both have been confirmed (and dilo has had prototypes shown) and still have yet to come.

Roar

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum it sure is!! Or the sauropod they teased!! That would be awesome too! avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus oh?? Do enlighten us?
Onwards to adventure!

Quiversaurus

avatar_Roar @Roar Ah I meant that in terms of "quietness", HLG has been quiet for a while now, which feels like something may just be around the corner, for them to break the silence soon. I have no privileged information to share unfortunately, though I wish I did heh.

SidB

Remember how we were almost overwhelmed by PNSO's continuous flow of releases back when they were issuing a great diversity of dinos? When things slowed down, it was a definite relief, a chance to grab a breather, or to digest our acquisitions after the glut of purchases, to change the analogy. Things haven't been quite so hectic with HLG, but I am appreciating the slowing down of the pace of releases so that I can enjoy the ones that are already in my displays.

bmathison1972

Amazon's Haolonggood store said they would be off for about a month (possibly for a local holiday/vacation?). Anyway, that message isn't on their site anymore. So maybe something is coming soon. But that short hiatus is probably what was responsible for the silence for a while.

Concavenator

I was tempted by the Daspletosaurus, but after thinking about it, I'll go for the Safari instead, since it's actually D. torosus (my favorite species of the genus), it's smaller and it's cheaper too.

I was also tempted by the Ampelosaurus, but after learning about the soon to be released description of "Eva" and that it's not a very well-known taxon atm, I no longer plan to get it, either. It's a beautiful figure in its own right, but sauropod figures take up a fair amount of room and so I just stick to my favorite genera. An Amargasaurus or Shunosaurus I would welcome though! Speaking about sauropodomorphs, Plateosaurus or Eoraptor would be great too, these are so overdue.

Looking forward to seeing how the Dilophosaurus and the Megaraptor turn out!

BTW, any of you know if the AliExpress sales (like 11th November) apply for Haolonggood figures too? I know for PNSO it does (I got the PNSO Styracosaurus last year during one of those), not sure about Haolonggood. If it does, then I'll wait for it.

Concavenator

I wish the head on the Haolonggood Apatosaurus was modified. As it is right now, it doesn't really look like an actual Apatosaurus head. The skull shape is definitely a bit off, as seen in DinosDragons' review:

I don't know how feasible this might be, but sauropod heads are small, so I might not be asking for too much. Haolonggood did the impressive move of retooling the Ouranosaurus post-release (which I applaud), and I would appreciate it a lot if they corrected this detail about the Apatosaurus too. Right now it's what's pushing me back from getting it, and for the moment, I would just wait and see if somebody else releases an accurate figure of Apatosaurus. This is one big and expensive figure so for the price I'd try to make sure what I get is as accurate as it can get.

vampiredesign

^-^  The work has been ongoing, but it is temporarily not announced, and there are new products available this year.
I am here to collect everyone's wish list for next year.^-^.It is best to be a species over 5 meters tall.

Carnoking

Time to bust out my thinking cap!

Pinbacker

vampiredesign...thank you so much for your work. Haolonggood has been my favorite brand to collect this year!

Here are a few species on my wish list:

Plateosaurus or Lufengosaurus

Amargosaurus

Saurolophus

Camarasaurus

Barosaurus

Stegosaurus ungulatus

Brachytrachelopan

Medusaceratops

Tenontosaurus

Sauroposeidon

Brachiosaurus

Dryptosaurus or Appalachiosaurus

Faelrin

Asfaltovenator is one that I've wanted for a few years now. Saurolophus and Maiasaura would be good to have as well. Corythoraptor would be much welcome too, especially after featuring in Prehistoric Planet, although I did want a figure of it since it was described.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Thank you for soliciting our wishes! Here are some I'd like to see:

Brachauchenius

Brachylophosaurus

Cotylorhynchus

Leedsichthys

Rhizodus

Riojasaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on October 18, 2023, 03:27:20 AM^-^  The work has been ongoing, but it is temporarily not announced, and there are new products available this year.
I am here to collect everyone's wish list for next year.^-^.It is best to be a species over 5 meters tall.
So it is Christmas already  :))  What a charming opportunity! Thank you for your time and interest. HaoLongGood has been mostly my main brand to buy from since I started this dinocollection hobby, so... [fingers cracking noise]

Hadrosauridae
Shantungosaurus giganteus
Magnapaulia laticaudus
Saurolophus

Ceratopsidae
Kosmoceratops
Coahuilaceratops magnacuerna
Medusaceratops
Sinoceratops
Triceratops prorsus
Einosaurus
Centrosaurus
Stegosauridae
Stegosaurus ungulatus

Nodosauridae
Acantholipan gonzalezi
Anctarctopelta
Sauropelta

Ankylosauria
Euplocephalus

Sauropoda
Camarasaurus
Barosaurus
Alamosaurus sanjuanensis

Azdarchidae (not dinosaurs, but hey, if Quetzalcoatlus could, why not?)
Hatzegopteryx
Arambourgiania
I may expose my own country biased opinion, but there are so many well preserved species to acknowledge that I just could not resist.  :)

Cretaceous Crab

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Hmm, yes I want those too, particularly Cotylorhynchus and Leedsichthys.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: