News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 03, 2023, 10:26:32 PMSince I just got my first Haolonggood figure (Nasutoceratops) I might as well chime in with some suggestions of my own

Ceratopsians:

Einiosaurus
Torosaurus
Kosmoceratops

Ornithischians:

Edmontosaurus annectens (Specifically, way too much regalis on the market)
Saurolophus
Iguanodon

Sauropods:

Brachytrachelopan
Nigersaurus
Plateosaurus

Thyreophorans:

Borealopelta
Ankylosaurus
Spicomellus

My only wish for the Theropods is Lips

I will add more because I lack self control

Ceratopsians:

Udanoceratops tschizhovi
Medusaceratops lokii
Wendiceratops pinhornensis
Achelousaurus horneri

Ornithopoda:

Muttaburrasaurus langdoni
Tsintaosaurus spinorhinus
Charonosaurus cyrtocristatus
Maiasaura peeblesorum
Gryposaurus notabilis

Sauropods:

Shunosaurus jiangyiensis
Camarasaurus supremus

Thyreophorans:

Kentrosaurus aethiopicus
Miragaia longicollum
Scolosaurus cutleri

Theropods provided they have lips:

Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
Deltadromeus agilis
Chilesaurus diegosuarezi
Torvosaurus tanneri
Ichthyovenator laosensis (don't lip this one)
Yutyrannus huali
Dryptosaurus aquilunguis
Falcarius utahensis
Gigantoraptor erlianensis
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Leyster

Shouldn't wishlists go in the wishlist thread? To keep this thread for the actual news?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Leyster on November 05, 2023, 11:11:21 AMShouldn't wishlists go in the wishlist thread? To keep this thread for the actual news?
They asked people to put wishlists in this thread earlier

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

postsaurischian

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 05, 2023, 11:19:20 AM
Quote from: Leyster on November 05, 2023, 11:11:21 AMShouldn't wishlists go in the wishlist thread? To keep this thread for the actual news?
They asked people to put wishlists in this thread earlier

Unfortunately they chose the wrong thread.

TlatolophusJuanorum

UUUUHHHH such a fight, wow

1) Alamosaurus confirmed
2) So war between PNSO and HaoLongGu! :o  :o
(this is from their weibo website)

SidB

I'm definitely favoring the bigger HLG. Possibly less expensive too, I'm guessing.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on October 31, 2023, 07:08:44 PM
Quote from: Lynx on October 31, 2023, 06:53:25 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 31, 2023, 04:47:45 PMCompletely fair, dilo is one of the few species I don't really mind being lipless because of their rosette, and the colors are absolutely superb. I have to ask tho, is the brown variant meant to be a gay couple, or am I reading too far into things?

I think it's just meant to be two variants of the same figure, but it's left to your own storytelling! It would be cool to see one way or another.

The figures have masculine and feminine titles/names for each variant, so the intent is for this to be a male/female pair. Of course that's not to say one can't have their own headcannons for their own copies.

Grabbed the blue pair from Lana.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 06, 2023, 01:38:46 AMUUUUHHHH such a fight, wow

1) Alamosaurus confirmed
2) So war between PNSO and HaoLongGu! :o  :o
(this is from their weibo website)

HLG " OURS is 10 MORE cm taller.."

Size DOES matter...  ;D

Pinbacker

I am definitely going to wait for the Haolonggood Alamosaurus...it's going to be bigger than PNSO's Alamosaurus, it's going to have two paint variants to choose from, and it's most likely going to be cheaper than PNSO's as well. PNSO's version is beautiful, and I will probably pick it up someday. But I really respect Haolonggood for not shying away from big sauropod models...their Apatosaurus and Ampelosaurus are two of my favorite releases from this year.

Samrukia

first was Daspletosaurus, now Haolonggood confronts PNSO directly  >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Samrukia on November 06, 2023, 04:41:08 AMfirst was Daspletosaurus, now Haolonggood confronts PNSO directly  >:D

I love it.   " Let them fight." 

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 06, 2023, 04:59:58 AM
Quote from: Samrukia on November 06, 2023, 04:41:08 AMfirst was Daspletosaurus, now Haolonggood confronts PNSO directly  >:D

You've heard of Elf on the Shelf
Now, get ready for...

Samrukia

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 06, 2023, 05:08:42 AM

You've heard of the Bone wars
Now, get ready for...
DinoToy War: Battle for the Alamo(saurus)

battle for the wallet  ;D

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Samrukia on November 06, 2023, 05:40:06 AM

Now, get ready for...

Omg that's sweet hahah

MLMjp

Halonggood woke up and chose violence  >:D

I'm so glad they dare to make sauropods on the large scale (the proper and only way to do it  ;) )

I do wonder if I will ever get this tough...

bmathison1972

Tracewyrm!

Gonna have to see the paintjob to make up my mind. Either way, seeing more direct competition between HLG and PNSO is very, very interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having both of these at some point down the line (I have zero sauropods at the moment and I'm looking to change that), but HLG might be taking priority on size alone.
* (It's locked.)

bmathison1972

yeah, size isn't an issue for me, really. It's going to comedown to an overall assessment of accuracy (something glaring), aesthetics, and cost.

Tracewyrm!

So, I wanted to do a little rough size comparison. I am assuming that both of the measurements are at the top of the head (28.5 and 38 cm respectively). Now, the image I'm using for the HLG isn't perfect of course, but it should be good enough, if it is a real leak of the figure and not some other sauropod they're working on at the same time.)

Thoughts? As an extra, a rough approximation of HLG's figure on the previous 1:35 chart

* (It's locked.)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Samrukia on November 06, 2023, 05:40:06 AM

Now, get ready for...

We are gonna need Roosevelt back for a victory at SanJuan(ensis) hill!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: