News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 06, 2023, 01:40:56 PMSo, I wanted to do a little rough size comparison. I am assuming that both of the measurements are at the top of the head (28.5 and 38 cm respectively). Now, the image I'm using for the HLG isn't perfect of course, but it should be good enough, if it is a real leak of the figure and not some other sauropod they're working on at the same time.)

Thoughts? As an extra, a rough approximation of HLG's figure on the previous 1:35 chart

Thank you so much, this is super helpful, especially since I have the Lingwulong

Carnoking

It's not the size of the Alamosaurus, it's what you do with its sculpt, paint, and pose that counts!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2023, 01:50:38 PMIt's not the size of the Alamosaurus, it's what you do with its sculpt, paint, and pose that counts!

Is it too much to ask for all of the above?

Honestly if it's accurate and big I'm good. We know they can do great paint work. Pose..I'm more into stability there, move the neck and tail all you want but leave the feet firmly planted.

It's really kind of thrilling seeing this happen with PNSO and HLG. HLG is more of the under dog trying to get established while PNSO has done what they have for awhile now and don't seem inclined to change much.  I loved their big vinyl figures but they went a different route.  Would have been perfect for an Alamosaurus.

SidB

As a pair, particularly if HLG does a color variant fairly close to the PNSO  one, they would be most impressive. It would be nice to do 'both/and, instead of 'either/or' , if financially possible. Might have to wait for a sale.

Carnoking

Oh I don't doubt I'll end up adding both to my shelves seeing as I have no self control

ceratopsian

I strongly suspect I'll be going for the sauropod herd look too avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'm torn tbh, I suppose I'll have to wait and see the price of hlg's and maybe a comparison between the two. On the one hand it would be nice to have multiple but they may not fit well together.

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 06, 2023, 08:32:33 PMI'm torn tbh, I suppose I'll have to wait and see the price of hlg's and maybe a comparison between the two. On the one hand it would be nice to have multiple but they may not fit well together.

If we go by the price of the Apatosaurus and Ampelosaurus, I would guess the Haolonggood Alamosaurus would be 100 to 150 USD.

Halichoeres

I'm not sure which yet, but bracing my wallet for an Alamosaurus one way or another.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

I reckon price will be a big deciding factor between the HLG and PNSO versions.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 07, 2023, 01:29:23 AMI'm not sure which yet, but bracing my wallet for an Alamosaurus one way or another.
I'm gonna buy ya'
I'm gonna get ya' get ya' get ya' get ya'

vampiredesign

Meeting the same species is inevitable. Everyone has more choices and combinations. Surprises keep coming. ^-^
After a while, I'm bringing surprises.

thomasw100

It sometimes feels like the messages from vampiredesign rather come from the Oracle of Delphi.

postsaurischian

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 07, 2023, 09:41:54 AMMeeting the same species is inevitable. Everyone has more choices and combinations. Surprises keep coming. ^-^

Among the best new things of 2023 are HAOLONGGOOD's surprises ^-^ .

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 07, 2023, 09:51:14 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on November 07, 2023, 09:41:54 AMMeeting the same species is inevitable. Everyone has more choices and combinations. Surprises keep coming. ^-^

Among the best new things of 2023 are HAOLONGGOOD's surprises ^-^ .

Fully agree with that. The sauropod output alone is amazing, with two great models this year and a true giant waiting around the corner. Also the consistent improvement in sculpting and paint applications is really remarkable.

Bread

I'm already worrying that I cannot fit PNSO's in my shelf, let alone the extra centimeters added to Haolonggood's to now consider this too...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bread on November 07, 2023, 02:05:52 PMI'm already worrying that I cannot fit PNSO's in my shelf, let alone the extra centimeters added to Haolonggood's to now consider this too...

Just cut off the head and put it on the shelf above!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

Quote from: Bread on November 07, 2023, 02:05:52 PMI'm already worrying that I cannot fit PNSO's in my shelf, let alone the extra centimeters added to Haolonggood's to now consider this too...

Yup, I was looking at my display options too, and 38 cm is about my max, so I'll probably go with PNSO but we shall see

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 07, 2023, 02:22:41 PM

Just cut off the head and put it on the shelf above!
Funny enough, I had an idea to cut out a hole of my shelf with the sauropods partial neck and head peaking through it.

But yeah... um... sauropod surgery from what I've heard doesn't work out most of the time.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 07, 2023, 03:01:44 PM
Yup, I was looking at my display options too, and 38 cm is about my max, so I'll probably go with PNSO but we shall see
In my case too, PNSO's seems to already have my vote. Anything bigger is just not possible for me unfortunately.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

V @vampiredesign sorry to bother you, but I had a quick question. Are you planning to make your megaraptor with lips?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: