News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on November 08, 2023, 05:39:28 PMMegaraptor is available now!

V @vampiredesign Could we expect any more surprises this year?

You need to practice your oracle reading skills. He said it already in his last post. He said that the large Alamosaurus would still be released this year. Then he said that they are working on another surprise before that (release), a species that many had on their wish list. And this is not the Megaraptor released today, because he announced the forthcoming release of Megaraptor in one post before his last one.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Now I'm very curious about what this guy is!

Concavenator

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 08, 2023, 08:27:43 PMNow I'm very curious about what this guy is!

My money is on either Kentrosaurus (maybe they reconsidered it?), Chasmosaurus or Maiasaura. Then there's the confirmed Edmontosaurus, too.

ceratopsian

What a dynamic pose for the Megaraptor!  It wouldn't need much for the balance to be off though.

SidB

There's less and less any reason to be sceptical about the quality of the HLG theropods, compared to their ornithischians and sauropods. They've advanced step-by-step over the last year. Very positive about the future in 2024.

marisaura

very nice looking figure! love to see megaraptorans getting some attention.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Bread on November 08, 2023, 12:01:04 PM
Quote from: vampiredesign on November 08, 2023, 11:41:01 AMmegaraptor 。I'll be up tomorrow. Having lips. I hope everyone can enjoy it.
You all do not disappoint! Here it is the Megaraptor with lips!

Really great looking figure! Been hoping for a Megaraptor for ages now and this is a really great representation of the genus! Can't wait for higher res images to drop. Though I do wonder how similar the colors look next to the Carnotaurus.

I don't have too high standards for color variation, especially when each figure has two variants, but it'd make for an intersting side to side. Even if they do end up looking similar, seeing such an underrepresented theropod makes up for it!
* (It's locked.)

Gwangi

Haolonggood is filling a noticeable gap in all our collection with this one. This will be my first Haolonggood theropod!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: SidB on November 08, 2023, 10:37:13 PMThere's less and less any reason to be sceptical about the quality of the HLG theropods, compared to their ornithischians and sauropods. They've advanced step-by-step over the last year. Very positive about the future in 2024.

Totally agree with this. They seem to have taken the feedback with every theropod release, and now these Megaraptors have crossed the threshold of "HLG theropod? Let me wait for more reviews and in-hand images" or "meh looks weird" to "first day purchase!".

I do echo sentiments about the colours being similar to their Carnos - can't wait for comparison shots.

I'm honestly quite excited because if they continue on this track, the Qianzhousaurus I hope they will produce one day will look stellar too (sleek body, long snout, agile pose).

The surprise figure might actually be the Edmontosaurus I feel! Many people have indeed been asking for it (though I myself am still hoping for a Kentrosaurus...).

Keep up the good work V @vampiredesign and Haolonggood!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

More images via aliexpress

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Assuming the length given accounts for the curve of the tail, in 1/35 this would represent an individual approximately 8m long, which matches the estimate by GSP for the species, tbh I was worried it would be oversized so this is nice to see!

Flaffy

Definitely getting this figure! Megaraptorans are such an interesting group of dinosaurs, and it's an absolute travesty that the only representatives I have of the group atm are from Mattel.

However, I'd like to point out my initial concerns when the prototype sculpt was revealed. It seems that the thumb claw at least is too short, with the length and curvature being the bare minimum compared to the better executed Digits 2 - 3. More of a nitpick I also wish it had some feathering being a basal tyrannosauroid/coelurosaurian.

Odobenocetops

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 09, 2023, 04:34:21 AMMore images via aliexpress

Is it already there?
Could you share the link?

Thanks

Odobenocetops

It says that the link is not working. And the usual Halonggood seller doesnt have it yet...

I'll have to wait I guess

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Kangaroa on November 09, 2023, 03:00:04 PMIt says that the link is not working. And the usual Halonggood seller doesnt have it yet...

I'll have to wait I guess
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKcaNP6
Here's another one, from MOTS

Concavenator

I'm so happy to finally see a good Megaraptor figure! Never thought the day would finally come, I have been waiting for one for literal AGES. Must have! Thank you V @vampiredesign  :)

Also, Haolonggood's improvement on theropods is becoming apparent as of late. Keep up the great work!

Primeval12

What material are Halonggood figures made out of? Is it that sort of brittle material that the PNSO figures are made out of or is it more pliable? To me they almost look ceramic. I am mostly asking to see how durable they are. We have cats that are not allowed in my room but sometimes find their way in there. And you know how cats are...

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: Primeval12 on November 10, 2023, 12:47:42 AMWhat material are Halonggood figures made out of? Is it that sort of brittle material that the PNSO figures are made out of or is it more pliable? To me they almost look ceramic. I am mostly asking to see how durable they are. We have cats that are not allowed in my room but sometimes find their way in there. And you know how cats are...
I can say from owning a lot of  haolonggood figures and a curious orange tabby that those figures a pretty solid even after a fall.The smaller line of figures can bend a tiny bit if you a lot of pressure on them but nothing is going to snap unless you force it. While the bigger ones, especially the apatosaurus are like a solid brick of good plastic. With the bigger ones, they'd do more damage to you than you to them haha. I leave most in the back so my cat wouldn't hurt anything below if it somehow got pushed.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Looking at the review of Dilophosaurus I noticed a neat detail, the female has a distinct notch on its crest that the male doesn't! Some nice individual variation, though it would have been even neater if it was only on one size.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: