News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Rayeknor on November 07, 2023, 11:33:47 PMI was also under the impression Alamosaurus was fragmentary, with only the tail being fully preserved? And obviously enough material to know it had somewhat long limbs, short body as in giraffatitan vs brachiosaurus.

Looking at this PNSO model it does strike me as the giraffatitan of the large titanosaurs vs say patagotitan:

Looking at some skeletals, this certainly does seem to be the case, though keep in mind there's a lot of variability in how people choose to reconstruct the neck posture of sauropods, so that can also play a role. (Keep in mind too some of these skeletals may be outdated, but they seem pretty accurate from what I can tell.)

TlatolophusJuanorum

PNSO's road to 11:11 has been shown
These are the figures which will enter into the Promo (15% plus additional discount)
Theropods et.al
  • Saurophaganax
  • Allosaurus
  • Yangchuanosaurus s.
  • Megalosaurus
  • Sinraptor
  • Torvosaurus
  • Qianzhousaurus
  • Zuchengtyrannus
  • Tarbosaurus
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex (all versions)
  • Lythronax
  • Gorgosaurus
  • Daspletosaurus
  • Albertosaurus
  • Meraxes
  • Mapusaurus
  • Carcharodontosaurus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Spinosaurus (Essien)
  • Sinopliosaurus*
  • Suchomimus
  • Microraptor
  • As far as I know, every marine animal published except Atropodentalus
Herbivores
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Sauropelta
  • Borealopelta
  • Pinacosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Olorotitan
  • Corythosaurus
  • Lambeosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Triceratops
  • Torosaurus
  • Styracosaurus
  • Machairoceratops
  • Sinoceratops
  • Pachyrhinosaurus
  • Spinops
  • Centrosaurus
  • Pachycephalosaurus
  • Stegosaurus (both)
  • Miragaia
  • Toujiangosaurus
  • Chungkingosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus
  • Deinocheirus
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Mamenchisaurus (ML)
  • Amargasaurus
Also the box set and the cards.

But, no Zuul, Y. Magnus or Alamosaurus:(

BlueKrono

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 08, 2023, 08:26:13 AMPNSO's road to 11:11 has been shown
These are the figures which will enter into the Promo (15% plus additional discount)

But, no Zuul, Y. Magnus or Alamosaurus:(

Well, I'm out.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

I would not have expected the Zuul or Alamosaurus to be included in the PNSO sale.  They're new releases.

Blade-of-the-Moon

With shipping added to the sale prices I still make out better with Lana at a 3.00 savings. Not much difference but eh.

Pinbacker

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 08, 2023, 03:35:14 PMWith shipping added to the sale prices I still make out better with Lana at a 3.00 savings. Not much difference but eh.
Both Zuul and Yangchuanosaurus m. qualify for a 17% off coupon on Amazon right now.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 08, 2023, 01:54:43 PMI would not have expected the Zuul or Alamosaurus to be included in the PNSO sale.  They're new releases.
Quite so.

oscars_dinos

of course a sale happens the day after I get the yangchuang

Tracewyrm!

So, out of curiosity, I put together another little size comparison chart (maybe making these is starting to become a habit  :)) ). We will most likely be getting in-hand photos in the next few days, but who am I to resist a quick estimate. Here is PNSO's Alamosaurus next to Cameron, which, much like the species he's based on, is going to be used as a scale for reference.

Now, of course this image has room for error. For the sake of simplicity, I assumed:

- The photos used are close enough to being profile views that the estimates given dont fall too far out of range.
- The sizes given by PNSO are wholly realiable
- Each figure is measured on a line parallel to the ground, no diagonal tail-to-nose measuring for the Alamosaurus, for example. It also means no measuring around the curves. While helpful for estimating the scale of a figure, it ultimately makes my job too difficult-

Now, I'm sure people here, even ones who don't own Cameron specifically, have a good idea on how big a 1:35 rex is, but if people want me to add other specific models, PNSO or not to this chart, I will gladly be adding them in!
* (It's locked.)

Shane

Quote from: oscars_dinos on November 08, 2023, 06:20:36 PMof course a sale happens the day after I get the yangchuang

Yeah I should have held off on the Zuul >:(

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 08, 2023, 07:59:09 PMSo, out of curiosity, I put together another little size comparison chart (maybe making these is starting to become a habit  :)) ). We will most likely be getting in-hand photos in the next few days, but who am I to resist a quick estimate. Here is PNSO's Alamosaurus next to Cameron, which, much like the species he's based on, is going to be used as a scale for reference.

Now, of course this image has room for error. For the sake of simplicity, I assumed:

- The photos used are close enough to being profile views that the estimates given dont fall too far out of range.
- Each figure is measured on a line parallel to the ground, no diagonal tail-to-nose measuring for the Alamosaurus, for example. It also means no measuring around the curves. While helpful for estimating the scale of a figure, it ultimately makes my job too difficult-

Now, I'm sure people here, even ones who don't own Cameron specifically, have a good idea on how big a 1:35 rex is, but if people want me to add other specific models, PNSO or not to this chart, I will gladly be adding them in!
Kind of curious to see it with rebor's diplo.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 08, 2023, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 08, 2023, 07:59:09 PMSo, out of curiosity, I put together another little size comparison chart (maybe making these is starting to become a habit  :)) ). We will most likely be getting in-hand photos in the next few days, but who am I to resist a quick estimate. Here is PNSO's Alamosaurus next to Cameron, which, much like the species he's based on, is going to be used as a scale for reference.

Kind of curious to see it with rebor's diplo.
I'll admit, I'm not too confident on this one, seeing how there aren't many great profile views of this figure (and as someone who doesn't own either variant, I had to do some rough eyeballing and comparing between Wilson, Cameron and this figure), but here's a super rough size comparison.

Of course, all the same limitations apply as last time.

* (It's locked.)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 08, 2023, 08:24:48 PMI'll admit, I'm not too confident on this one, seeing how there aren't many great profile views of this figure (and as someone who doesn't own either variant, I had to do some rough eyeballing and comparing between Wilson, Cameron and this figure), but here's a super rough size comparison.

Of course, all the same limitations apply as last time.

Looks great! If you like I can send you a measurement of my diplo's height at the hips this Friday!

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 08, 2023, 08:30:00 PMLooks great! If you like I can send you a measurement of my diplo's height at the hips this Friday!
I'd really appreciate it!
* (It's locked.)

Prehistory Resurrection

Faelrin

avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection That totally didn't even cross my mind when this was revealed, but yeah that would make for a neat display of sorts.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Well, I just put an order in for Samuel with Lana - look forward to posing him next to Cameron too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pinbacker on November 08, 2023, 03:50:42 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 08, 2023, 03:35:14 PMWith shipping added to the sale prices I still make out better with Lana at a 3.00 savings. Not much difference but eh.
Both Zuul and Yangchuanosaurus m. qualify for a 17% off coupon on Amazon right now.

Still pricey when you add in shipping fees.

Bread

I'm pretty sure Rebor Diplodocus is closer to 1:30 scale rather than 1:35

I think if one really wants a closer to scale Tyrannosaurus with the Alamosaurus, or at least a slightly smaller looking Tyrannosaurus, use their Zhuchengtyrannus as a stand-in.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Bread on November 09, 2023, 02:30:21 AMI'm pretty sure Rebor Diplodocus is closer to 1:30 scale rather than 1:35

I think if one really wants a closer to scale Tyrannosaurus with the Alamosaurus, or at least a slightly smaller looking Tyrannosaurus, use their Zhuchengtyrannus as a stand-in.
it fits 1:35 for the larger species, forget which one, it's also just one of the few sauropod figures I have

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: