News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Just ordered the new PNSO Yangchuanosaurus magnus as companion for their smaller Y. shangyouensis from Lana.

Bread

Some in hand images of the Zuul:

Man... the new paint applications on these last recent releases have been very nicely done. Thsi Zuul especially.

Skorpio V.

INSANE release with that Alamo 😵�💫😵�💫
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Dan

Use promo code "dtfmember" during checkout for
$12.00 off PNSO Alamosaurus
Offer expires 11/6/2023
Redeem here:
https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/pnso/

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Dan on November 06, 2023, 06:24:13 PMUse promo code "dtfmember" during checkout for
$12.00 off PNSO Alamosaurus
Offer expires 11/6/2023
Redeem here:
https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/pnso/

One of these days I'll be able to afford one of these figures day one and be able to take advantage of the dtf promo lol. Nice to know the price tho! Kinda disappointed it's more expensive than lingwulong given it's a similar size but oh well.

Flaffy

Oof $74.99 certainly is a price tag... Not unexpected though, still better value than Cameron ;)

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Flaffy on November 06, 2023, 07:53:01 PMOof $74.99 certainly is a price tag... Not unexpected though, still better value than Cameron ;)
Cameron becoming the mascot for PNSO's overpricing is funny seeing how the Tsintaosaurus is right there. At least you can vaguely argue that Cameron's bulk makes up for some of the lost value (not the best argument, but still an argument)
* (It's locked.)

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 06, 2023, 06:22:02 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 04:01:29 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 05, 2023, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on November 05, 2023, 01:52:35 PMScale be darned, that's a real beauty. Gonna have to wait to see how it compares to HAOLONGGOOD's if the rumors are true
Quote from: Samrukia on November 05, 2023, 12:20:28 PMnow i hope Haolonggood's upcoming model is not Alamosaurus

Haolonggood's got some tough competition for sure. Would be helpful if the HLG titanosaur was Argentinosaurus instead.

I would not mind if Haolonggood would now come up with an Alamosaurus in true 1:35 scale. So far I do not have a decent Alamosaurus model and I would like my models to be at least reasonably at the same scale. So of course there is some room for variation, but this PNSO Alamosaurus is clearly way too small for 1:35. Going with the estimate of 26 m from the Eofauna book this would be about 1:55.

Depends on which specimen you're using. While PNSO's clearly not a record breaking individual, specimens like USNM 15560 point to a more conservative size range for the species. PNSO's model fits comfortably inbetween the gigantic BIBE and considerably smaller USNM.

Good point. Could USNM 15560 and the other smaller individual potentially be juvenile or subadult individuals? If this would be the case, then indeed we could end up with a nice pair. The larger model from Haolonggood would be the large adult and the PNSO model then a younger individual.

So in short we can rest easy calling this a smaller 1/35th individual ???

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 06, 2023, 02:09:05 PMOne issue with the size comparisons that we are currently discussing right now is that we refer to standing height and standing length (i.e. vertical height and horizontal length). This of course very much depends on the pose of the dinosaur, mainly the angle of the neck (and partly the angle of the tail, but this is not so significant). I notice that in the images that show different reconstructed museum specimens of Alamosaurus the angle of the neck is much flatter than that angle in the PNSO model. So the individual represented by the PNSO model comes out higher but shorter than an individual with the proportions shown in the museum specimen comparison would come out for the same length measured along the spine. So we would really need to start comparing the true length measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail. The same holds of course for the Haolonggood model. As long as we do not know the true length, the height of 38 cm quoted on social media is not so meaningful.
That's a very good point, which is why it's nice to have visual charts like the one shared earlier. I will say however that pnso's figure appears to have roughly equal height and length, and yet the length they provide is twice the height they give, which makes me think it may already have accounted for curve and posture.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

That's also part of what I love about dinosdragons' videos, he gives scale estimates based on the length along the curve.

Paleoclapas

It seems that pnso was inspired by the reconstruction of the head of the Els Nerets titanosaur for the color patterns of the head of their Alamosaurus. Not exactly the same thing but obvious similarities.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 06, 2023, 08:45:30 PMThat's also part of what I love about dinosdragons' videos, he gives scale estimates based on the length along the curve.
As per usual looks like I'll have to wait for his review before making a decision lol

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Imo his are essential for making an informed decision

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 06, 2023, 08:57:24 PMImo his are essential for making an informed decision
x2 His videos are a delight to anyone in the DT community. Let's hope he uploads them before AE's 11:11 arrives, the Alamosaurus price tag  alone is a bit restrictive for most of us. But well, now I think they will eventually wipe us off with a Museum line E. annectens too.

thomasw100

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 06, 2023, 07:59:20 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 06, 2023, 07:53:01 PMOof $74.99 certainly is a price tag... Not unexpected though, still better value than Cameron ;)
Cameron becoming the mascot for PNSO's overpricing is funny seeing how the Tsintaosaurus is right there. At least you can vaguely argue that Cameron's bulk makes up for some of the lost value (not the best argument, but still an argument)

And Cameron comes with that T-rex skull as well. Same goes for the Triceratops. Torosaurus and Stegosaurus have babies included. Tsintaosaurus has no add-on. Yet it is a beautiful model.

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 06, 2023, 08:42:00 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 06, 2023, 02:09:05 PMOne issue with the size comparisons that we are currently discussing right now is that we refer to standing height and standing length (i.e. vertical height and horizontal length). This of course very much depends on the pose of the dinosaur, mainly the angle of the neck (and partly the angle of the tail, but this is not so significant). I notice that in the images that show different reconstructed museum specimens of Alamosaurus the angle of the neck is much flatter than that angle in the PNSO model. So the individual represented by the PNSO model comes out higher but shorter than an individual with the proportions shown in the museum specimen comparison would come out for the same length measured along the spine. So we would really need to start comparing the true length measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail. The same holds of course for the Haolonggood model. As long as we do not know the true length, the height of 38 cm quoted on social media is not so meaningful.
That's a very good point, which is why it's nice to have visual charts like the one shared earlier. I will say however that pnso's figure appears to have roughly equal height and length, and yet the length they provide is twice the height they give, which makes me think it may already have accounted for curve and posture.

From the graphs I would estimate that the length along the curve of the PNSO model would be roughly the size of the USNM 15560 specimen. But of course we need the model in hand to really measure the curve length.

thomasw100

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 06, 2023, 09:18:00 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 06, 2023, 08:57:24 PMImo his are essential for making an informed decision
x2 His videos are a delight to anyone in the DT community. Let's hope he uploads them before AE's 11:11 arrives, the Alamosaurus price tag  alone is a bit restrictive for most of us. But well, now I think they will eventually wipe us off with a Museum line E. annectens too.

This episode of the saga is called: The Return of the Herbivore.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on November 05, 2023, 01:59:32 PMIt's an impressive model, but it's not for me.  I'm not interested in giant, fragmentary titanosaurians

I agree. It's a gorgeous figure, but personally, I don't see the interest in these giant titanosaurs, other than them being ginormous animals. They're so fragmentary that they all look like clones of each other. They could have called this figure Patagotitan, Argentinosaurus, Dreadnoughtus or whatever and nobody would notice. Time to bring back a meme avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres once showed.  ;)

Bet the CollectA Dreadnoughtus will be pretty much identical to these two figures as well, except with a different pose and color scheme.

Myself, if I'm going to be devoting a good chunk of space for a big figure of a big sauropod, at least I'd rather have something relevant (by fossil material completeness), like a Diplodocus or an Apatosaurus. A PNSO Apatosaurus I would welcome.  :)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

As a fan of titanosaurs their size and form are exactly what make me like them so much. For Alamosaurus specifically however, it is also the only sauropod known from late Cretaceous NA, and has a good amount of material.

Faelrin

Is Alamosaurus really that fragmentary? I saw some skeletals on google images that seems to show it has quite a bit of material from several specimens.

That said I'm not too particularly concerned about what genus this represents. The main reason this figure appeals to me is the coloration. It might just be a mix of grey and cream, with a bit of brown, but I really like how it has been applied. I haven't really seen a sauropod figure done up like this before (other then Nanmu's Apatosaurus I suppose), with like striping of some kind on the neck and tail, and it looks really nice on it. Right up there with the Deinocheirus and Parasaurolophus hitting all the right marks for me.

If/when I can eventually get my hands on one, I might even just use it to stand in for Brachiosaurus altithorax, even if the proportions aren't a perfect match, because I imagine this will look really good alongside Eofauna's or Rebor's Diplodocus, Safari Ltd's 2019 Camarasaurus, and Haolonggood's recent Apatosaurus. In fact if anyone does get their hands on this model, and happens to have those as well, I'd very much appreciate a comparison of them in the meantime.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: