News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quiversaurus

I... actually really want that base!

ceratopsian

I'm with you here. I like environment bases.

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 15, 2023, 09:32:01 AMI... actually really want that base!

Quiversaurus

Indeed
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 15, 2023, 10:45:30 AMI'm with you here. I like environment bases.

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 15, 2023, 09:32:01 AMI... actually really want that base!

Indeed, and that water - imagine PNSO's Suchomimus standing on it, or their baby Stegosaurus playing in it while Big Stego looks on...

That hind foot also looks terrific - can't wait for the reveal!

vampiredesign

Don't worry, we will give you more options, either individually or in sets. But the shipping cost for this big guy is a bit troublesome. Very big, yes, everyone will know how big it is later.

postsaurischian

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 15, 2023, 12:31:01 PMDon't worry, we will give you more options, either individually or in sets. But the shipping cost for this big guy is a bit troublesome. Very big, yes, everyone will know how big it is later.

Now I'm getting nervous ;D .

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 15, 2023, 12:31:01 PMDon't worry, we will give you more options, either individually or in sets. But the shipping cost for this big guy is a bit troublesome. Very big, yes, everyone will know how big it is later.

Cannot wait to see the big guy. Most likely a first day purchase for me. OK the shipping costs will be a bit higher than for small models. But then this will be one of few really large sauropod models available as a commercially produced PVC figure. Which will be much cheaper than a resin model of the same size. And so far the only option for most large 1:35 scale sauropod models are resin models. This needs to be taken into account when discussing shipping costs.

vampiredesign

height:38cm  Curve Length:78cm  weight:1.5~2.5kg  Very large and heavy (solid) ^-^

Carnoking

Goodness! Sounds just big enough to fill the void

Pliosaurking

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 15, 2023, 02:38:14 PMheight:38cm  Curve Length:78cm  weight:1.5~2.5kg  Very large and heavy (solid) ^-^
Holy cow! Can't wait to see the full reveal!

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 15, 2023, 02:38:14 PMheight:38cm  Curve Length:78cm  weight:1.5~2.5kg  Very large and heavy (solid) ^-^
holly Molly dinolli canolli, that's  going to be a huge Christmas present from me to me.  :o
Can't wait!  ;D

thomasw100

This is pretty close to the length estimate that the Eofauna sauropod book lists. They list 26 meters which in 1:35 would translate to 74 cm. So the 78 cm curve length would then represent an approximately 27 m long specimen.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure the shipping will be pricey unless it's sent by boat which does take awhile. Only so many options. But Ill get it regardless.

bmathison1972

I can't remember (it's easy to get lost in all the replies), is Alamosaurus confirmed, or possibly another titanosaur? If Alamosaurus, I'll probably stick with PNSO for size reasons. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind; I found the post where it was confirmed :-)

dragon53

Flaffy

I hope the HLG Alamosaurus will be revealed soon... I'm dangerously close to hitting the "buy it now" button for PNSO's version.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Flaffy on November 16, 2023, 01:54:22 AMI hope the HLG Alamosaurus will be revealed soon... I'm dangerously close to hitting the "buy it now" button for PNSO's version.
I'm also in the same boat, although PNSO's version could wait till any later sale imo to leverage the shipping cost. Lana's AE shop has it for free, but I think we could save some bucks for the HaoLongGood Alamosaurus', in the meantime I take advantage of Double 11 sale to order the beautifully blue-brown Dilophosaurus pair. ;D
Samuel may be a big baby for the HaoLongGood pair  :))

Fembrogon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 16, 2023, 01:12:00 AM
Thanks for sharing; it looks like the skull really does take the 2020 findings into some consideration (even though the jaws still don't look deep enough to me). That comparison with the Safari figure is quite striking, too!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received my Dilo pair from Lana. Little smaller than I thought but a lot of nice detail and fantastic paint as always.  I haven't watched the reviews yet online but I'm pretty positive they are sexually dimorphic?

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 17, 2023, 03:49:17 AM

Just received my Dilo pair from Lana. Little smaller than I thought but a lot of nice detail and fantastic paint as always.  I haven't watched the reviews yet online but I'm pretty positive they are sexually dimorphic?

Yes, subtle differences in the crests are the telltale sign for the intended dimorphism. From what I understand the sitting one is supposed to be the male and the standing one the female (both colour variants).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: