News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2024

Started by bmathison1972, November 16, 2023, 08:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Spielzeug günstig, a reiable online store, has revealed these Papo 2024 Dinosaur releases:

Ampelosaurus
Corythosaurus
Suchomimus

Flaffy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 16, 2023, 08:41:47 PMSpielzeug günstig, a reiable online store, has revealed these Papo 2024 Dinosaur releases:

Ampelosaurus
Corythosaurus
Suchomimus

Interesting species choices. But I have zero expectations considering how they thought that Concavenator sculpt was good enough to release.

Carnoking

Let's hope the Corythosaurus and Suchomimus represent a return to form for Papo, taking inspiration from the Jurassic franchise rather than creating some atrocious original design.

crazy8wizard

I'm making my predictions now that the Ampelosaurus will have giant pebbly textured skin, the Corythosaurus will have no rhamphotheca and be upright, and the suchomimus will be covered in spike things and leaning downward.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: crazy8wizard on November 16, 2023, 09:42:13 PMI'm making my predictions now that the Ampelosaurus will have giant pebbly textured skin, the Corythosaurus will have no rhamphotheca and be upright, and the suchomimus will be covered in spike things and leaning downward.
This used to be what we thought of schleich  :(

Takama

Wow,   if these prove true, they will be a surprise. 

Though I bet the Baryonyx everyone hated will be retired in favor of this Suchomimus. 

Bread

I guarantee that the Parasaurolophus body will be used for the Corythosaurus.

suspsy

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, can we start a New for 2024 subforum?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

I hope these are sculpted by mr seo.
Also wanna see the dragons for 2024, wyvern and marine ones were really cool

Joliezac

I've lost hope and interest in Papo's prehistoric figures. Very excited to see their extant figures however.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Joliezac on November 17, 2023, 04:04:15 AMI've lost hope and interest in Papo's prehistoric figures. Very excited to see their extant figures however.
I frequently joke that my favorite Papo dinosaur is their Cormorant.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 16, 2023, 08:41:47 PMSpielzeug günstig, a reiable online store, has revealed these Papo 2024 Dinosaur releases:

Ampelosaurus
Corythosaurus
Suchomimus

I don't have high hopes based on their recent offerings, but I'm still interested in their Suchomimus, one of my fav species.

Agreed with the previous statements that if they go with JP/JW-inspired designs, they would start redeeming themselves in our hearts...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do hope it's a JP Corythosaurus. Ampelosaurus will probably be the let down piece, just guessing.  Suchomimus has a 50/50 shot.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Honestly with collecta seeming to struggle with their latest reveals, it would be hilarious if this year ends up being papo's best yet.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 17, 2023, 06:19:54 AMHonestly with collecta seeming to struggle with their latest reveals, it would be hilarious if this year ends up being papo's best yet.
now let's not get cocky, they haven't reveled anything yet lol. Given the Concavenator I wouldn't hold my breath

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I feel as if people bring up the concavenator too often. Papo has good figures and awful figures every year, it's kind of surprising it's all from the same company tbh. Keep in mind they also made their kronosaurus this year!

Prehistory Resurrection

Corythosaurus? Finally... I guess the base will be the Parasaurolophus body, just like the Styracosaurus body used for the Pachyrhinosaurus. There have been images of custom-made Corythosaurus figures using the Para body as the base, so I guess these are an idea of what the final official product will look like;

Carnoking

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/jjJymset1oAjkWJn/?mibextid=WC7FNe

We have some low res reveals! The Suchomimus looks pretty sweet actually! Corythosaurus and Ampelosaurus? Wellllll, they seem a bit more classic Papo than what we've been seeing at least.

Prehistory Resurrection

Ampelosaurus

Corythosaurus

Suchomimus

Already! That was fast! Papo reveals aren't usually before December. The Ampelosaurus looks decent. I was expecting Corythosaurus to use the Parasaurolophus body as a base but it's not the case. It looks great I must say. The pose looks as if it's in a defensive mode or calling for others. That's the Papo I know; moderate level of stylization, a decent and believable pose and detail and realism. The Suchomimus is definitely the highlight and home run for me from these; what a beauty! It rivals the one by PNSO by what I see. Fortunately it doesn't have a wacky pose and looks over-stylized as their Baryonyx. From the pose and palette, it's absolute perfection. Papo has still managed to stay afloat after all.

JimoAi

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on November 17, 2023, 09:28:21 AM
Ampelosaurus

Corythosaurus

Suchomimus

Well...That was fast! Papo reveals aren't usually before December. The Ampelosaurus looks decent. I was expecting Corythosaurus to use the Parasaurolophus body as a base but it's not the case. It looks great I must say. The pose looks as if it's in a defensive mode or calling for others. That's the Papo I know; moderate level of stylization, a decent and believable pose and detail and realism. The Suchomimus is the definitely highlight and home run for me from these; what a beauty! It rivals the one by PNSO by what I see. Papo has still managed to stay afloat after all.

wait where did you get the images from?!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: