News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

They look around the same size as Rebor's? maybe a bit larger?

dragon53

dragon53

Cpt Red 3eard

How accurate is the scale on Nanmu figures?
I know they claim to be 1/35, but some of them seem a little large to me (and I'm pretty sure their Dragon Soul is larger than the mainline entries). Is that actually the case or are they accurate to the size of the Jurassic Park animals depicted?
Does anyone have any comparisons with accurately scaled 1/35 figures to help me see the difference?

I find having figures all in scale with each other supremely satisfying, but I only have a handful of Nanmu for budget reasons, so if you have a great 1/35 collection displayed together, I'd enjoy seeing that as well in considering further acquisitions.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on November 20, 2023, 03:03:14 PMHow accurate is the scale on Nanmu figures?
I know they claim to be 1/35, but some of them seem a little large to me (and I'm pretty sure their Dragon Soul is larger than the mainline entries). Is that actually the case or are they accurate to the size of the Jurassic Park animals depicted?
Does anyone have any comparisons with accurately scaled 1/35 figures to help me see the difference?

I find having figures all in scale with each other supremely satisfying, but I only have a handful of Nanmu for budget reasons, so if you have a great 1/35 collection displayed together, I'd enjoy seeing that as well in considering further acquisitions.

Nanmu is more "around" the same size than the same scale. Maybe the theropods are?

Pliosaurking

There newer stuff isn't really, some of them are possibly. I'm pretty sure the Original Spinosaurus and the raptor squad is 1:35 ish, they look about so with everything else in that scale range on my shelf. The Dragon soul one definitely isn't neither most of the other nanmu figures I own, including the Buck Rex, trikes, old Giga, Sinoceratops, Ceratosaurus or Apatosaurus.
Here are the raptor squad and orginal spino to get an idea of the scale:

blnadal

the only ones in 1/35 are velociraptors, the others are from 1/30 to 1/33
but in my opinion, everyone looks great together

Over9K

I feel like Nanmu has a sliding scale based on how awesomebro the model is...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on November 21, 2023, 12:34:53 AMI feel like Nanmu has a sliding scale based on how awesomebro the model is...

I can see that..specifically the amount of teeth and claws it has plays a big part.

dragon53

dragon53

Bigbadtoystore has the Nanmu Spinosaurus Supplanter 2.0 Star of Death (no base) on sale for $69.99.

LINK: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/211355?o=4

Also, the Soul of the Dragon Dinosaur Fence is on sale at $79.99.

LINK: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/205094?o=4

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on November 24, 2023, 05:22:17 PMBigbadtoystore has the Nanmu Spinosaurus Supplanter 2.0 Star of Death (no base) on sale for $69.99.

LINK: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/211355?o=4

6 of them left...

Also, they have one, single standard version 'Lord of Abyss' Mosasaur V2 PVC left, and two of the standard version Leviathan (Black/White stripes) Mosasaur V2 PVC left in stock.

dragon53

From Nanmu's Facebook page:

"Hello, fans.
We are about to start the year-end promotion.
We have persuaded some Chinese sellers and international sellers to join the promotion, with a minimum range of 50%. This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We recommend you to choose and buy with the shops where we have deep cooperation."

Also:

Pliosaurking

I wonder which shops will offer this sale? I'll definitely be taking advantage of this sale when it happens!

Carnoking

Yes, it would be nice to know who all is participating. That sounds like a heck of a deal.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ever the devil's advocate, I wonder if it was a less than stellar year for Nanmu in terms of profit?

dragon53

"... I wonder if it was a less than stellar year for Nanmu in terms of profit? "

Mordred ;)

dragon53

However, a Nanmu Dreadnoughtus would sell like hot cakes. ;)

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2023, 01:59:20 AMEver the devil's advocate, I wonder if it was a less than stellar year for Nanmu in terms of profit?

They seemed to have had some successful releases this year. Although its popularity is beyond me, the King of the Border has been in and out of stock at various retailers, while their dragon soul series has been selling out left and right, and they're capping off the year with a sure seller T. rex release. Not sure how the unpainted figures have been doing as far as other lines go but by and large their usual releases seem to have been fairly popular.

Of course, there may be plenty of old, less popular stock not moving that retailers may want to get rid of before taking on new products (looking at you, Mordred.) Or this could be a bid on Nanmu's part to do away with their old lines and do a total focus shift on what they want to sell.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on November 30, 2023, 09:12:44 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2023, 01:59:20 AMEver the devil's advocate, I wonder if it was a less than stellar year for Nanmu in terms of profit?
Not sure how the unpainted figures have been doing as far as other lines go but by and large their usual releases seem to have been fairly popular.
Now their Spinosaurus unpainted kit, I'm not sure how the sales are, but for the Tyrannosaurus I've seen positivity.

There's numerous artist on instagram showing them off. A lot of people are saying they're one of the best cheaper alternatives for a Stan Winston kit, resembling the JP Tyrannosaurus very well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: