News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

The one lying down is so beautiful in colour and pose.  I'm hoping mine will arrive one day.  The pair look so good on a base.

Quiversaurus

Wow that base really brings out the feel of the diorama, it complements the pair so well. Where did you get it from? The sitting Dilo really does have a wonderful paint job. Looking forward to your pictures of the new Megaraptors (:

Oh and the selfie-taking figurine always cracks me up  ;D

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 21, 2023, 08:15:36 AMThe one lying down is so beautiful in colour and pose.  I'm hoping mine will arrive one day.  The pair look so good on a base.

They're both real gems and as you say, the blue one is exceptionally beautiful. Yours will surely arrive soon and you'll love them.

By the way - one of these two figures costs about $14.00. This is about the best price-performance ratio I can imagine :) .

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 21, 2023, 11:28:01 AMWow that base really brings out the feel of the diorama, it complements the pair so well. Where did you get it from? The sitting Dilo really does have a wonderful paint job. Looking forward to your pictures of the new Megaraptors (:

Oh and the selfie-taking figurine always cracks me up  ;D

The base is another one by Martin Garratt, originally made for my Dinosaur Studio Triceratops a few years ago.
 (the Megaraptors are on their way ;D )
 The selfie-taking woman cannot stop taking selfies with each 1:35 species she can get on camera.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

MENG • MX Dinosaur ~ MX-001  1:72  Sinoceratops     

•    Two beautiful cards are included    •

•    comparable in size with PNSO's mini series & Kaiyodo Dinotales    •

•    next to David Krentz 1:72 Triceratops from the Antediluvia Collection    •

•    with other Sinoceratops figures ~ Favorite, PNSO & Vitae    •

ceratopsian

The PNSO minis and Dinotales shot is very helpful. Thanks for the reminder that I should order the Meng model! 

And you are right on the Dilophosaurus individual pricing. It's an amazing bargain.

TooOldForDinosaurs

A joy to scroll through your thread as always :)

BlueKrono

I'm curious what the gray Sino with the red horns is in the last picture.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 22, 2023, 06:23:15 AMI'm curious what the gray Sino with the red horns is in the last picture.

It's a resin figure made by Vitae in 2018.

postsaurischian

:)

Lost Fauna studios 1:1 Anurognathus

•     my only other 1:1 replica from the Solnhofen Limestone - Pterodactylus kochi     •

ceratopsian

It looks fantastic on the tree bark!  A great acquisition.  P.S. - how long is the model?  I'm thinking of following your example and getting one!

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 24, 2023, 05:45:37 PMIt looks fantastic on the tree bark!  A great acquisition.  P.S. - how long is the model?  I'm thinking of following your example and getting one!

It's about 12.5 x 10 x 4,5 cm. Production material : High fired ceramics. Here's the link: https://www.lostfauna.com/product-page/anurognathus
 I'm glad that meanwhile they've cut the tail, so those pics on their page aren't really up-to-date.

ceratopsian

Thanks. I found their page.

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 24, 2023, 06:27:35 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 24, 2023, 05:45:37 PMIt looks fantastic on the tree bark!  A great acquisition.  P.S. - how long is the model?  I'm thinking of following your example and getting one!

It's about 12.5 x 10 x 4,5 cm. Production material : High fired ceramics. Here's the link: https://www.lostfauna.com/product-page/anurognathus
 I'm glad that meanwhile they've cut the tail, so those pics on their page aren't really up-to-date.

TooOldForDinosaurs

This is amazing! And how cute it is  :))  it really reminds me of Toothless of ,,How to train your dragon".

postsaurischian

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on November 24, 2023, 09:14:06 PMThis is amazing! And how cute it is  :))  it really reminds me of Toothless of ,,How to train your dragon".

:D  You're right! I was thinking the same.
      I've always liked the design of Toothless in the first movie. Maybe Anurognathus was an influence?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.78
                                                                                       ~ •    Zuul   • ~

•    with PNSO No.71 Gorgosaurus    •

•    with PNSO No.37 Pinacosaurus, Wild Safari Ankylosaurus & Favorite Euoplocephalus (labelled Ankylosaurus)    •

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Megaraptor  • ~

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.79
                                                                               ~ •    Alamosaurus   • ~

•     1:144 Alamosaurus by David Krentz     •

•     crossing CollectA Ruyangosaurus     •

•     Eofauna Diplodocus  -  Carnegie Collection Brachiosaurus  -  PNSO Alamosaurus     •

Libraraptor

So many jewels out there! Seeing this thread, I am always tempted to lift my eclectic and ramdomly amassed collection to a higher level ^-^

ceratopsian

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments! I like your collection avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor. It is unique. I want to read your book!

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 03, 2023, 09:06:59 AMAnother beauty!

As you wrote in another thread - it's the "Platinum Age for dinosaur model collectors" :) .

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.76
                                                                   ~ •   Yangchuanosaurus magnus  • ~

•    next to PNSO model No.77 ~ Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis    •

•    going after Chungkingosaurus from PNSO's Dinosaurs Museum line    •

•    ... until suddenly .....    •

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Tlatolophus galorum  • ~

•    next to Manuel Bejarano's Shapeways Olorotitan with a similar dress code    •

•    next to a few PNSO Lambeosaurinae:  No.53 Olorotitan, No.32 Lambeosaurus & Dinosaurs Museum Tsintaosaurus    •

Bread

I love seeing the last image of all the fellow crested hadrosaurs. Shame that the PNSO's Tsintoasaurus is sitting behind that "paywall" as it really brings the group together. Lovely photos as usual!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: