You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What figures should i add to my christmas list?

Started by Dilophosaurus_8o, November 27, 2023, 04:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilophosaurus_8o

This year my parents have given me a budget for what I can put on my wish list regarding dinosaur figures, and I'm not sure which figures to buy. I am from canada, and the budget is 300$ CAD (which is generous, but I'd probably make it less as to not put financial stress on my family over dinosaur toys) and I'm just looking for suggestions as to which figures I should get to make up for what I'm lacking in my collection. Right now my definite buys are the Haolonggood Megaraptor and Dilophosaurus pair, as well as PNSOs yangchuanosaurus magnus. I'd like to also get a non-titanosaurian large sauropod, a carcharodontosaur, an ornithopod, and a large feathered theropod like deinocheirus or therizinosaurus. I know this might be a strange topic, but what sort of figures do you think I should ask for this year? Of course not all of them will be bought, but I just want to know what I should ask for if I want to cover those groups. Thanks guys!
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

ceratopsian

I would put the PNSO Deinocheirus high on my list. It's a stunningly beautiful model.

thomasw100

Concerning the non-titanosaurian sauropod, I would suggest either the PNSO Lingwulong or the Haolonggood Apatosaurus. Both are really nice. For the feathered theropods, both the PNSO Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus are great. Of course the Deinocheirus looks more splendid with the vivid color scheme.

Pliosaurking

My top picks would be PNSOs Deinocherius, Haolonggoods Apatosaurus and Ouranosaurus, and if you can track it down the Haolonggood x GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus.

Concavenator

My recommendations:

- Non-titanosaurian sauropod: Eofauna Diplodocus

- Carcharodontosaurid: PNSO Acrocanthosaurus / Meraxes

- Ornithopod: PNSO Olorotitan

- Large feathered theropod: PNSO Deinocheirus

Dilophosaurus_8o

Thanks for the suggestions you guys! Currently, I have added the PNSO meraxes and the HLG baryonyx to the list. I am currently deciding between Rebor and Eofaunas Diplodocus. The eofauna one is far cheaper on ED, however, the 40$ shipping makes it the same price overall as it would be if I purchased the REBOR version. Is the rebor version worth it or should i order the eofauna from dans dinosaurs for a slightly lower price?
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Dilophosaurus_8o on November 27, 2023, 04:53:23 PMThanks for the suggestions you guys! Currently, I have added the PNSO meraxes and the HLG baryonyx to the list. I am currently deciding between Rebor and Eofaunas Diplodocus. The eofauna one is far cheaper on ED, however, the 40$ shipping makes it the same price overall as it would be if I purchased the REBOR version. Is the rebor version worth it or should i order the eofauna from dans dinosaurs for a slightly lower price?
It depends on what you want, while the eofauna is more accurate and has a more interesting color scheme, rebor's is much larger and has a possible neck and tail.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Eofauna Diplodocus for me, for Diplodocus. But I would also recommend the HLG Apatosaurus, and PNSO's Deinocheirus and Meraxes.

$300 is a generous gift amount, very nice of your parents (:

ceratopsian

EmperorDinobot

Halichoeres

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on November 28, 2023, 08:00:44 AMDon't forget to get BOTM figures, too!

Ooh, those will eat up the allowance in an awful hurry...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilophosaurus_8o

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 28, 2023, 03:21:51 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on November 28, 2023, 08:00:44 AMDon't forget to get BOTM figures, too!

Ooh, those will eat up the allowance in an awful hurry...
I really love the BOTM figures, but I collect 1/28-145 scale, and they are very expensive. I do own the 1/35 tyrannosaurus and the stenonychosaurus and Buitreraptor pair (Because they're just so good I couldn't resist) But they are a huge strain. I decided to do the Rebor version of Diplodocus because of its WOW factor and poseable neck and tail. It's so huge I might have to get a new shelf if I get it, but the only other Sauropod I have is safari's Malawisaurus, which, while big, doesn't exactly do justice to the tremendous sizes Sauropods could truly reach. Yes, 300$ is incredibly generous and I am truly grateful for my parents appreciation of my hobby, they are amazing people and I am so thankful to have them :) I decided not to add the Deinocheirus to avoid straining their wallets further, as they have given me more than enough money to truly make my christmas. Thank you for the help everybody!

EmperorDinobot

Once Sandy Claws brings them to you, don't forget to post them in the "recent acquisitions" thread!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.