News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Perotorum's 3d models

Started by Perotorum, November 21, 2023, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perotorum

For the past several years, I have taught myself 3d modeling, and recently, I have uploaded many of my models on Prusa Printables, all are free for download, and I will try to upload on a weekly basis, this week is Pleistocene fauna that have been preserved as mummies, and the next week will be Triassic Poland, I am open to any and all suggestions, although, I specialize in Ankylosaurs and Ceratopsians, though I want to try Ornithopods, so I welcome any ideas for a weekly theme. If you print one of my models, I would enjoy to see the end result and  the paint schemes/dioramas you use with them. I plan on releasing 5-7 models almost every week, often sharing a common theme, I try to create models of obscure taxon, such as Caihong, Wendiceratops, Hungarosaurus, and many more. I would also love to hear criticism on anatomical accuracy, as I make it a goal to be scientifically acurate in my project, I may in the future start adding a poll for what weekly theme I may go for.
The link to my Printables models:https://www.printables.com/@CHarbison_1036815/models

Stegotyranno420

I am very happy to see you begin your thread. Keep it up

Halichoeres

I rarely go for 3d prints, but I will bookmark your gallery to keep an eye on. Extinct fish are most likely to strike my fancy, but you will probably find people interested in the more obscure dinosaurs. Thanks for posting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Perotorum

Quote from: BorisBarrows on November 23, 2023, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: Perotorum on November 21, 2023, 02:09:42 PMFor the past several years, I have taught myself 3d modeling, and recently, I have uploaded many of my models on Prusa Printables, all are free for download, and I will try to upload on a weekly basis, this week is Pleistocene fauna that have been preserved as mummies, and the next week will be Triassic Poland, I am open to any and all suggestions, although, I specialize in Ankylosaurs and Ceratopsians, though I want to try Ornithopods, so I welcome any ideas for a weekly theme. If you print one of my models, I would enjoy to see the end result and  the paint schemes/dioramas you use with them. I plan on releasing 5-7 models almost every week, often sharing a common theme, I try to create models of obscure taxon, such as Caihong, Wendiceratops, Hungarosaurus, and many more. I would also love to hear criticism on anatomical accuracy, as I make it a goal to be scientifically acurate in my project, I may in the future start adding a poll for what weekly theme I may go for.
The link to my Printables models:https://www.printables.com/@CHarbison_1036815/models

I'm a dinosaur fanatic. Wherever there are dinosaurs, I am there. When I saw your works on printerest, I was amazed because they were so vivid.  8)  8)
Thank you, do you have any requests or suggestions, because so far my weekly line-up is Pleistocene mummies, Triassic Poland, and an advent calendar for 2 weeks, so I would be interested for any other ideas.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Perotorum on November 23, 2023, 02:11:35 PM
Quote from: Perotorum on November 21, 2023, 02:09:42 PMFor the past several years, I have taught myself 3d modeling, and recently, I have uploaded many of my models on Prusa Printables, all are free for download, and I will try to upload on a weekly basis, this week is Pleistocene fauna that have been preserved as mummies, and the next week will be Triassic Poland, I am open to any and all suggestions, although, I specialize in Ankylosaurs and Ceratopsians, though I want to try Ornithopods, so I welcome any ideas for a weekly theme. If you print one of my models, I would enjoy to see the end result and  the paint schemes/dioramas you use with them. I plan on releasing 5-7 models almost every week, often sharing a common theme, I try to create models of obscure taxon, such as Caihong, Wendiceratops, Hungarosaurus, and many more. I would also love to hear criticism on anatomical accuracy, as I make it a goal to be scientifically acurate in my project, I may in the future start adding a poll for what weekly theme I may go for.

I'm a dinosaur fanatic. Wherever there are dinosaurs, I am there. When I saw your works on printerest, I was amazed because they were so vivid.  8)  8)
Thank you, do you have any requests or suggestions, because so far my weekly line-up is Pleistocene mummies, Triassic Poland, and an advent calendar for 2 weeks, so I would be interested for any other ideas.

I deleted that new account, it wasn't genuine. Lots of bots and other non-genuine accounts are trying to trick us recently. I'm deleting them every few days. Sometimes it's painfully obvious, sometimes it's not, but I can't waste too much time debating it, so now if I'm in doubt I'm presume it's a non-genuine account and pull the trigger.

Perotorum

Quote from: DinoToyForum on November 23, 2023, 05:06:12 PM

I deleted that new account, it wasn't genuine. Lots of bots and other non-genuine accounts are trying to trick us recently. I'm deleting them every few days. Sometimes it's painfully obvious, sometimes it's not, but I can't waste too much time debating it, so now if I'm in doubt I'm presume it's a non-genuine account and pull the trigger.
Well, egg on my face, as I overlooked the mention of Pinterest, so, I guess my oversight makes me a fool, but it is best that such accounts are deleted, however, now everyone knows my schedule, so it is not a total loss and offer still stands for requests.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Perotorum on November 23, 2023, 08:18:12 PM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on November 23, 2023, 05:06:12 PM

Well, egg on my face, as I overlooked the mention of Pinterest, so, I guess my oversight makes me a fool, but it is best that such accounts are deleted, however, now everyone knows my schedule, so it is not a total loss and offer still stands for requests.

Don't sweat it, they are becoming more and more sophisticated, fooling us all. I've been convinced several times. I still can't work out what's in it for them if they don't post a link. I suspect they will add links later, if the post isn't deleted, when nobody is paying attention.

Perotorum

Tomorrow is the release of 7 new models, all are Pleistocene megafauna of the Mammoth Steppe, including an updated elasmotherium, megaloceros, steppe bison, A woolly rhino calf and adult(the calf was based on Sasha), and a mammoth calf and bull respectively based on Nun Cho Ga and an estimate for the average bull mammoth.

Perotorum

Added the new models, here are some screenshots (if they will display).

Here is the link: https://www.printables.com/@CHarbison_1036815/models
I added more prehistoric mammals, though ones that are already well represented in figure form, although, I do plan on devoting a week to Neogene mammals in a few weeks, although next week will be Triassic Poland.

Halichoeres

I'm not seeing the images, maybe it's a me problem?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Perotorum

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2023, 09:51:36 PMI'm not seeing the images, maybe it's a me problem?
No, I have been experiencing issues with including pictures, so it is an issue that seems to plague me.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Perotorum @Perotorum you cab upload the pics for free (no sign up) on Postimages.
The forum accepts image links in that form

Perotorum

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 26, 2023, 01:41:43 AMavatar_Perotorum @Perotorum you cab upload the pics for free (no sign up) on Postimages.
The forum accepts image links in that form
Thankyou, and I will certainly use this newfound knowledge liberally.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Perotorum on November 26, 2023, 12:01:39 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2023, 09:51:36 PMI'm not seeing the images, maybe it's a me problem?
No, I have been experiencing issues with including pictures, so it is an issue that seems to plague me.

You're image tagging the web pages the images are on instead of image files themselves. I fixed the first one for you, note the file name ends ".webp". But, that website is making it difficult, sometimes pages look like images. I also removed the spoiler tag, you don't need that for a few small images, almost everyone is going to want to see them anyway!

Perotorum

Thank you, I will make note and correct the error.

Perotorum

Also, I have updated the current schedule to extend to odd creatures of the Permian and Triassic.

Perotorum

Here are the new images.

Pinacosaurus

Embolotherium

Scutosaurus

DefinitelyNOTDilo

If you're still taking suggestions, I'd love to see a Tarchia or another sauropod!

Perotorum

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 28, 2023, 12:27:17 AMIf you're still taking suggestions, I'd love to see a Tarchia or another sauropod!

I was planning on doing a few Sauropodomorphs such as Inawentu and Jianxititan, as well as a tarchia for the advent calendar, as they were either described or had an important paper published about them this year, so expect those in the coming weeks.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Perotorum on November 27, 2023, 01:12:55 AMAlso, I have updated the current schedule to extend to odd creatures of the Permian and Triassic.

So much untapped potential there!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: