You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

It strikes me as a very handsome paint scheme. I like the golden net effect.

Facebook chatter was of the opinion that the jaw will be articulated.

suspsy

I hope Eofauna releases more images of the toy from different angles. But so far I'm very pleased with it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

edu

Looking at the picture closely, there seems to be a little notch where the jaw meets the inferior part of the neck. It's probably the articulation. But being the head so dark, the limits of the jaw are difficult to see.

SidB

Count me in. The lack of a support rod doesn't irk me as I can easily fabricate one for it. Definitely appreciate the paint scheme and this image lends me hope that the jaw won't be articulated, though I'm not holding my breath on that.

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on December 01, 2023, 12:39:12 PMavatar_Bread @Bread Gauranteed to sag over time like many top heavy figures with bases like this (like many CollectA figures have done). At least the PNSO styled rod base provides better support for that area long term.
Exactly. I wish more companies would turn to these display rods. They're effective and cheaper than display bases.

Quote from: SidB on December 01, 2023, 01:45:26 PMCount me in. The lack of a support rod doesn't irk me as I can easily fabricate one for it. Definitely appreciate the paint scheme and this image lends me hope that the jaw won't be articulated, though I'm not holding my breath on that.
You could also purchase the PNSO display rod pack, or use a spare you may have laying around.

Yeah I'm really liking this Eofauna Tyrannosaurus, and the colorscheme is making me like it more and more. Dare I say I even prefer it over BOTM's :o

SidB

Quote from: Bread on December 01, 2023, 01:58:11 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on December 01, 2023, 12:39:12 PMavatar_Bread @Bread Gauranteed to sag over time like many top heavy figures with bases like this (like many CollectA figures have done). At least the PNSO styled rod base provides better support for that area long term.
Exactly. I wish more companies would turn to these display rods. They're effective and cheaper than display bases.

Quote from: SidB on December 01, 2023, 01:45:26 PMCount me in. The lack of a support rod doesn't irk me as I can easily fabricate one for it. Definitely appreciate the paint scheme and this image lends me hope that the jaw won't be articulated, though I'm not holding my breath on that.
You could also purchase the PNSO display rod pack, or use a spare you may have laying around.

Yeah I'm really liking this Eofauna Tyrannosaurus, and the colorscheme is making me like it more and more. Dare I say I even prefer it over BOTM's :o
I've noticed that my W-Dragon accurate rex model, which is on a base hasn't sagged one iota over the past half year or so. It seems that the legs, at least are made of a stiff plastic formulation. Maybe that could be a possibility for the Eofauna too? Mind you, given their rather economical (and commendable) price point, that seems a bit unlikely as this would likely boost the cost of production, I'd guess.

Quiversaurus

It's finally here, and looking good. That paint scheme and patterning is very eye-catching. Can't wait for more images, and to see whether the jaw is articulated.

SidB

In form and overall execution, generally speaking, this upcoming release gives off vibes reminiscent (at least to me) of this old Favorite rex from way back in 2004.

bmathison1972

this is a very nice T. rex and I would consider it if I didn't have a Safari T. rex.

LucasLiu

Blade-of-the-Moon

Colors are nice, but to me it looks like PNSO and Rebor an awful lot.

Lynx

Quote from: Abobo on December 01, 2023, 09:55:04 AM

#Eofauna Tyrannosaurus SUE
Material: PVC
Tamaño: 34cm. Largo x 13 cm Alto.
Escala: 1:35

It's beautiful! I'm going to wait for the price and more angles however
An oversized house cat.

Fembrogon

Oh hey, it really exists!  :))
And that color scheme looks REALLY nice. I really don't need another T. rex, but now I'm getting intrigued anyways.

Pinbacker

Quote from: Lynx on December 01, 2023, 03:42:09 PM
Quote from: Abobo on December 01, 2023, 09:55:04 AM

#Eofauna Tyrannosaurus SUE
Material: PVC
Tamaño: 34cm. Largo x 13 cm Alto.
Escala: 1:35

It's beautiful! I'm going to wait for the price and more angles however

It looks very nice...I think it would look great on the shelf next to the Haolonggood Daspletosaurus. Both models have similar patterning.

GojiraGuy1954

I need images of the head. I already have enough T. rex in my collection, so I want to get either this or PNSO's Cameron, not both.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

It makes me very happy to finally see a new Eofauna figure after all this time! It's been more than 2 years since the previous one was revealed (Konobelodon, November 2021).

Looking forward to seeing more pics! So far it looks great. I would have preferred a reddish coloration, as Tyrannosaurus is red in my headcanon. But on another hand, it's great that Andrey Atuchin continues to design their color schemes, the Diplodocus looked spectacular (oh and avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , I was also reminded of the BotM Tarbosaurus when I saw it).

What doesn't convince me is the base. Not because I think it looks bad, just because I don't think bases are a good solution to the stability issue. As avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin says, I also think the acrylic rod PNSO uses is a much better solution and that's what I hope they'd used. Hopefully avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna will consider this idea for future theropods. At least, the base is removable, which is good news because I will try not to use the base.

avatar_Bread @Bread Are you referring to these PNSO acrylic stands? I see the acrylic supports included there don't have a base? I don't know how could I use them, then. Have you, or anyone ese, tried them?

Concavenator

Also, I imagine the Tyrannosaurus will be coming out in 2024. With Eofauna, I think it would work best not to create a "New for X year" thread until they confirm the release date for a certain figure. Otherwise, you could have something like a "New for 2023" thread, and not a single new figure released in that year, which seems to be the case. This is also why I was posting the news on the Eofauna general thread instead.

Saarlooswolfhound

Forgive me if this is discussed earlier and I just missed it... is this modeled after the specimen Sue?

Stegotyranno420

Eh...I dont really know how to feel. The colour seems to obscure the detail?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: