News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 09, 2023, 01:47:31 PMOnce again, that price sounds too good to be true. One of these for the price of a Mattel Amber Collection Raptor??

Yeah I was also a bit surprised by that price tag. They do say this is an early attempt and going by the inflection, it may not be as good as later products?  They look ok to me , perhaps the posing is limited?

Carnoking

Good timing with this reveal though seeing as I recently received my Dragon Soul Raptors

Spoiler

"What are you saying? What are you looking for?"

"She thinks you stole the eggs."

Chuffed to finally have a model of my favorite Raptor Variant in the collection. Nanmu killed it here.

"He's calling for help!"

I do miss the quills on the male, but other than that, he's a mighty fine model as well!

Dragon Soul Class of JP3

Remember when Papo was the best option for JP style models?

The inclusion of the lucky bag was a nice touch for that base too!

[close]

Carnoking

While I'm at it, I gotta show off Rexy. I do tend to roll my eyes at these 2.0 releases but I'd be hard pressed to say they were completely devoid of merit.

Spoiler

Certainly looks the most '93 of the other Nanmu options, although for whatever reason the paint seems a bit simplified when compared to the original alpha.

Comparison with the false kings.

"You put two apex predators in one valley, pretty soon there's only gonna be one."

Fellow big bads.

JP Class of '93

Pop culture meets present.

Also love the inclusion of the little maquette style piece.
[close]

This piece is a must for JP fans in my book. Nice to have something that recreates one of, if not the most iconic shots in the franchise. Still considering getting the red variant down the line!

SenSx

Yes same here those 2.0 release are not my cup of tea, but I must say this Rexy is must, the pose is too iconic.
1.0 Rexy is still great, but I love the new one.

dragon53

Fembrogon

I haven't really paid attention to Nanmu before, but I'd be interested in getting those articulated raptors, especially at that price.
I'm curious what scale they are, though.

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon I think they were confirmed to be 1/12. Too big to fit with Mattel's stuff sadly, but on the other hand it is a really popular scale, and they would fit in alongside the limited lifespan of the Amber Collection stuff, among numerous other things in that scale (such as the upcoming Cyberzoic Smilodon).

I really hope I can get my hands on these, or at least the male, but I have so much to save for still (Rebor Dire Wolf, Cyberzoic, Mattel, etc), and I can barely do that as is now. Fingers crossed they are under $100, but I suppose I wouldn't be too shocked if these end up there considering the prices of their other products in the US. I know they said around $30, but they made another post clarifying that they could be more in price because of other factors (shipping, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Nothing huge but I've noticed that Amazon has a few scattered sales on some Nanmu models if you have prime.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Joliezac

Thank you! Just grabbed the pair. Figured they would be more than $30   :o

But I honestly think they are still a reasonable price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on December 11, 2023, 02:51:47 AMThank you! Just grabbed the pair. Figured they would be more than $30   :o

But I honestly think they are still a reasonable price.

I think they are Amber Collection sized or around there, those sold by Mattel for close to 30.00 so poesable raptors by Nanmu I would think would have been a 100 or more to be honest. It does say the price will increase after Jan 1.  I ordered two males and the one female to replicate the pack in JP3.  Wish the AC had made JP3 humans I could have used with them.

Faelrin

Well shoot that's much cheaper then what I was expecting it to be. Like that's right around the price point of the 1/6 BotM raptors. Lana Time Shop says expected release is April 2024, that's plenty of time for me to get my hands on them, though I'm hoping for BBTS to get these up for pre-order too since I already have an account with them.

Size is said to be 35 cm long and 13 cm high, which puts it around the size of the BotM 1/6 raptors, maybe a little bigger. I think a little bigger then the AC raptors too, but they are close in size to that as well. Come to think of it, these will fit about right at home next to my NECA American Werewolf figure more or less, and no better place at these are some of my all time favorite movie creature designs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

I still really wish Nanmu did the articulated raptors in 1/18 scale rather than 1/12. The Hammond Collection raptors just aren't that great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on December 11, 2023, 03:14:31 AMWell shoot that's much cheaper then what I was expecting it to be. Like that's right around the price point of the 1/6 BotM raptors. Lana Time Shop says expected release is April 2024, that's plenty of time for me to get my hands on them, though I'm hoping for BBTS to get these up for pre-order too since I already have an account with them.

Size is said to be 35 cm long and 13 cm high, which puts it around the size of the BotM 1/6 raptors, maybe a little bigger. I think a little bigger then the AC raptors too, but they are close in size to that as well. Come to think of it, these will fit about right at home next to my NECA American Werewolf figure more or less, and no better place at these are some of my all time favorite movie creature designs.

Lana has the advantage of free shipping and no tax either, at least on my orders? Might be because I made an account there.

At 13 x35cm, they are a bit shorter than the AC raptors which are roughly 16 cm x 30 cm.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on December 11, 2023, 03:46:44 AMI still really wish Nanmu did the articulated raptors in 1/18 scale rather than 1/12. The Hammond Collection raptors just aren't that great.

The new ones going forward might be better, I think the new Blue figure was a big step up?

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2023, 03:56:37 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on December 11, 2023, 03:46:44 AMI still really wish Nanmu did the articulated raptors in 1/18 scale rather than 1/12. The Hammond Collection raptors just aren't that great.

The new ones going forward might be better, I think the new Blue figure was a big step up?

Indeed, but only time will tell if Mattel will redo their JP and JP3 raptors using the new parts, and hopefully giving the individual design's subtle differences proper justice rather than just repainting the JW headsculpt 10 times over.

Eatmycar

I'm very skeptical Nanmu's raptors will be able to stand independently and last long. I hope I'm proven wrong, but, I'm going to wait for reviews to drop in before I grab these guys.

That said... these ARE my favorite designs, so I hope the engineering is as good as they claim.

Joliezac

Happened to check bigbadtoystore and it looks like the summer version of the raptors have become available again? Perhaps some customers canceled pre-orders in relation to these new articulated raptors going up for pre-order.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/256453?o=2

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on December 11, 2023, 04:52:25 AMHappened to check bigbadtoystore and it looks like the summer version of the raptors have become available again? Perhaps some customers canceled pre-orders in relation to these new articulated raptors going up for pre-order.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/256453?o=2

I just canceled mine lol so there might be one in stock.  ;D

These are larger, more detailed and the male actually has the spines on him so I think it's a good upgrade. Not really worried about them standing as I can fix that just so long as the joints aren't loose or they are too heavy like the BOTM ones.

Carnoking

Woah, Lana's already sold out of the Blood Knight. Was going to wait but in light of that, I made a panic order for the White Queen. I did see that Big Bad Toy Store has both up for pre-order at around 10.00 more a pop as a backup though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: