News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

That's incredible! Any idea what the scale is on those kaiyodo figures? Trying to decide if I want to get some.

Fembrogon

No idea what scale they are (I know I've seen that discussed before somewhere), but I'll try to take measurements sometime soon. They're delightful figures regardless.

Mellow Stego

Hey everyone, just got back from The local antique shop and was lucky enough to find these guy selling there.

Not exactly "antiques" but for $20 for all three, I'm not complaining.

Does anyone have any info on this Anomalocaris?
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Faelrin

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego Something about the Anomalocaris looks quite familiar, but I can't quite place it. Like it looks like a Japanese one I've come across quite a while back. I hope someone can ID it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego I collect Anomalocaris and I don't recognize that one. I assume there's no markings on the underside of the base? I'd pay you double for it though!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mononykus

Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 16, 2023, 02:23:46 AMDoes anyone have any info on this Anomalocaris?

Not 100% sure, but it looks like it might be a Paleocasts (more or less a custom).
He has an Etsy store, but it hasn't been active in quite some time.
Update: definitely Paleocasts: you can find it by looking under sold items in the linked page.

Mellow Stego

avatar_Mononykus @Mononykus I believe that's it, thank you!
 Weird that it ended up in a small antique store.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Carnoking

Last one for a while, I swear!

Fembrogon

Some more goodies from avatar_brettnj @brettnj, via eBay: the Kaiyodo Capsule Q "Extinct" set of 5. These are indeed some of the nicest Kaiyodo minis I've seen.

Faelrin

I really love the Thylacosmilus from that set the most, but the presentation on the sea cow is excellent (just a bit of a pain to get those seaweed in place).

JimoAi

found out I'm getting the Papo kronosaurus for x mas :D

my first Papo prehistoric figure in years and one that I wanted to get

Prehistory Resurrection

A floofy birb just flew into my collection.

PrimevalRaptor

Very nice, that Deinonychus is probably still my favorite dromaeosaur toy ever made!

I got a...plucked bird meanwhile lol

Definitely feels like Mattel is playing roulette to name some of their toys but I do like the early 2000s Todd Marshall/Luis V. Rey vibe admittedly, fun little guy and for now probably the only Piatnitzkysaurus toy out there.

Roselaar

Finally managed to acquire these two Hammond Collection gems!:

Sim

I've been giving Kaiyodo a try and I'm very happy with a number of figures by them which I now have!  The thing that stopped me from getting them before is them coming in parts.  However I've been supergluing them together which elimates the problem of coming in pieces!  Some of them have bases and pegs, which I dislike, I've cut off the pegs and gotten rid of the bases which make the figures satisfying to me!  I've acquired the following Kaiyodo figures:

1. Cladoselache (blue).  This one actually doesn't come in parts!  I had admired this figure and was disappointed when Safari released their version which had ugly shades of green and was weirdly big.  I wished it looked like the Kaiyodo figure.  Well, now I have the Kaiyodo version, so that's resolved!

2. Ichthyosaurus.  This is another one I admired.  I like its form and colouration!

3. Eryops (purple).  I thought I preferred the yellow Eryops but when it came down to deciding which version to get, I liked the purple one more.  I like how amphibian it makes Eryops look.

4. Sinosauropteryx (yellow).  The first compsognathid in my collection!  I think this version can get away with not being inaccurately coloured...

5. Ornithomimus.  It's the best ornithomimid figure!

6. Thalattosuchus/Metriorhynchus (brown).  This figure was made before Thalattosuchus was named based on good remains previously classified as Metriorhynchus.  It's a different species (and genus!) to Safari's "Metriorhynchus" which represents Suchodus.  I was going to get the grey version of this figure but Brett could only offer the brown, which I decided to get, and, I now prefer it to the grey!

7. Ichthyostega.  I'm so satisfied to have a good figure of this epic animal!

8. Plesiosaurus (Dinotales).  I like this one very much, it's my favourite Kaiyodo figure.

9. Tanystropheus.  As I mentioned in another thread I have received two different versions of it, one where the hands are part of the same piece as the base, the other with the hands part of the same piece as the rest of the forelimbs.  Weird!  I'm only keeping the second one
as I can have it entirely separate from the base.  I'm very happy Kaiyodo made Tanystropheus, it was one of my favourite prehistoric animals when I was little and I'm very happy to have a good figure of it now!

10. Acanthostega.  It's great to have a figure of this interesting animal!

11. Megalania.  It's smaller than I thought it would be.  It's too small for me...

Faelrin

Glad to see you picked up the Ornithomimus and even managed to get those awesome prehistoric amphibians and stem tetrapods. I might have to try my hand at getting some of those others some day.

Sim

I've also acquired:

1. Papo Ceratosaurus.  I've got over the small gap behind its jaws.  So I bought this figure again.  I'm happy to have a good Ceratosaurus!

2. Papo Compsognathus.  I know, I know, it's based on the Jurassic Park Compsognathus.  I'm normally not interested in Jurassic Park figures, but I've always found their Compsognathus design to be very good.  So I'm happy with this figure representing Compsognathus.  It scales well with my Safari Archaeopteryx too!  It would be so good to have a Rhamphorhynchus and Scaphognathus to join the contemporary Compsognathus and Archaeopteryx.

JimoAi

A merry Christmas to everyone, here's the items I have received. Perhaps my most expensive month yet, I am probably slowing down big time in terms of purchases after this.

Firstly, I have the Animal heavenly body Laugh and Grow Fat sea life series 1 and 2. They're chubby sea animals and some of them have nostalgia factor. Stay tuned for series 1's review!

Next up are my marine life. I opted for smaller more accurate figures like the collectA blue whale over the Papo one and I have some really tiny reef fish. I haven't measured them but they're probably at most a 6th of an inch which may interest someone like I @Isidro and scale with many of the larger sea animals. They're part of the mini-verse line with succulents and candles too and are blind boxes. They are meant to be placed in fishbowls but what barnacle head puts live fish in a bowl so I'm ditching that and giving them a proper display.

Next up are my character figures. Finally got a Professor Membrane figure. He is one of my favourite cartoon characters of all time and he shares the same VA as Squidward, who is up there as my fave characters, which I have a figure of him doing the future pose. Alot of SpongeBob merch, including the Pineapple bag and Some pokemon like Quagmire and Spheal, which quickly become my top 10 fave pokemon. Really hooked on Gashapon machines so I have 2: A SpongeBob and a pokemon one. Can't forget about Crush from Finding Nemo! Not pictured is a Squilliam fancyson figure. Nobody wants to see that snobby guy's face and he's not appeared since season 7.

Lastly, are my prehistorics and a mini Krusty Krab for my marine life display. Really liked the Papo Kronosaurus, more so than I thought I would and the only 2 JW world figures I'll get. My OG Mosa tired so I had to get an Ocean protector figure.

This isn't everything as I have some items arriving late due to shipping delays.

CityRaptor

Technically not a haul, but I finished building Jurassic Park!

For what I paid for the Advent Calendar, it is okay, even if I'm not a fan of the material used for the Minis. Standing issues are actually far less than expected, with Panthera being the only one to have them.

And now for a haul!
Found Herrerasaurus 2.0 on sale. Huge improvement over the original sculpt.

Also got Austroraptor, which was also on sale. Obviously it has some of the usual JP Raptor-issues, but I still like it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Prehistory Resurrection

My local supermarket had a lot of toys for Christmas and these were some of the finds.
Stumbled across these two cool looking T-Rex toys in one of my local supermarkets. First is this soft rubber T-Rex toy. Compared to other soft rubber dinosaur toys, I must admit that it's one of the best looking I've seen. There was also a Rator and a JP inspired Dilophosaurus from the same line. It sold like hot cakes;

And secondly, grabbed the Zuru Robo Alive Dino Wars T-Rex, put on a discounted price. I've come across the Raptor and the Stegosaurus from the same series in a local toy store and the Robo Alive Dino Action Series 3 pack containing a T-Rex, Raptor and Pteranodon. For a change instead of buying normal dinosaur figures, I grabbed a dinosaur figure with battle gear. I think it will also make a nice piece for my collection. Dinosaurs are already cool, but battle gear adds to their coolness;

By the way, wishing all a Merry Christmas full of happiness and joy. Christmas is beyond gifts; it is a moment of sharing, togetherness and spending a good time with your loved ones.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: