News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I pre-ordered both. Yeah Lana Time shop would have been cheaper, but I grabbed them on BBTS regardless. I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered something that fast. Like either Mattel Creations or Rebor's rubber Titanoboa.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

need4swede

Links for BBTS:

Blood Knight

White Queen

I ordered two Blood Knight's off of LTS. Was expecting them to sell out quick, but not THAT quick.
- Swede

Fembrogon

I just placed a BBTS order as well; it's more expensive, but even at $50-56 these seem reasonably priced compared to the Amber Collection or BotM. Hopefully the quality will be as good as they appear.
I know BBTS doesn't charge for pre-orders in advance, either, so that's convenient.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

All I see on their FB posts about Kong are people asking for other things.

Nanmu did mention a new arm replacement plan but it wouldn't be used for this one?

Carnoking

Someone brought up the sale. They mentioned Taobao sellers are participating. Can anyone here confirm?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 14, 2023, 09:31:09 AMSomeone brought up the sale. They mentioned Taobao sellers are participating. Can anyone here confirm?

I don't use it so not sure, I haven't seen anyone else talking about the " wow awesome deal I got on taobao" though.  I really thought they meant bigger retailers.

Carnoking

Looks like Lana is offering the sale!
A code is applied at checkout. So far, I've only seen 10% off on select figures, but I'm not sure if others have higher discounts. Certainly not nothing but not quite enough to persuade me to pull the trigger on pieces I've been holding out on.

Pliosaurking

That's too bad, because if they had sales of 50%, which is what they stated , I definitely would have indulged in them. Well at least some places have the sale but I was hoping a bigger seller would have them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 14, 2023, 06:52:07 PMLooks like Lana is offering the sale!
A code is applied at checkout. So far, I've only seen 10% off on select figures, but I'm not sure if others have higher discounts. Certainly not nothing but not quite enough to persuade me to pull the trigger on pieces I've been holding out on.

25-30% I could have done something. So yeah if you've ben waiting to get a piece you were going to pay full price on this is a good time otherwise I'm ok just waiting .

Carnoking

After going through the models to see what's what, the most I saw was 30% off on figures like the red ankylosaurus and green sinoceratops, so nothing that's a must for me.

Carnoking

Leapin' lizards, what a box!

And what a beast within! Lord of the Abyss is finally here from Big Bad Toy Store!

Carnoking

"Okay folks, she's a little shy so be nice and give her a hand when she comes out!"

Spoiler

Quite the impressive figure indeed, and what a display it makes when up on that base. As someone who never got the W-Dragon statue, this is one heck of a substitute!

Makes the OG look like a cheap knockoff in comparison!

And if Nanmu simply must continue with these 2.0 releases, a new Indominus would be greatly appreciated alongside this Mosa!

[close]

dragon53

CARNOKING:

Great photos.
I'm glad I got the optional base because the Mosasaurus has the best visual presence of all my Nanmu replicas.

Carnoking

DRAGON53:

Glad you reminded me about that base, I forgot to share some photos of that!

I was shocked just how heavy this thing is. Super solid construction and it really elevates the figure (literally and figuratively).

Can't imagine how awkward the display would be without the base, and that alone is reason enough to spend the extra money in my book, but of course throwing in the Indominus rex skull makes it even more of a necessity!

Only complaint would be that it could benefit from a peg of some sort to hold the mosa in place. It's a heavy figure and getting it placed in that sweet spot that doesn't slip or slide was a bit of a challenge for me yesterday.

dragon53

CARNOKING:

I was hoping for the blue base, but it looks like you, me and everybody else got the yellow base.

Abobo

Quote from: dragon53 on December 16, 2023, 04:57:39 PMCARNOKING:

I was hoping for the blue base, but it looks like you, me and everybody else got the yellow base.

got the blue base myself but with the leviathan version

Carnoking

Quote from: Abobo on December 16, 2023, 07:08:29 PM
Quote from: dragon53 on December 16, 2023, 04:57:39 PMCARNOKING:

got the blue base myself but with the leviathan version

Yes I believe the blue base comes with Leviathan while the Yellow comes with Lord, similar to how the Supplanter 2.0 movie variant only came with the muddy base while the Albino came with the green.

dragon53

CARNOKING:

That makes sense...but the websites are saying the yellow and blue bases are sent out at random.

Bigbadtoystore's Pit Lord says, "The deluxe version comes with a detailed diorama base. Diorama base color is random and could include either the yellow coral or the blue coral."

Carnoking

Oh I guess I didn't read that fine print. I can see why folks prefer the blue but it's certainly not the end of the world for me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: