News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

The skull almost seems to be too short and deep, though I must admit I do like the red color scheme, and I applaud haolonggood for trying something new!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Looked on paleofiguras' page and it seems this was just a particularly bad angle, while the beak could probably do with being a bit sharper, seeing it from a side profile reveals a much nicer shape to the skull.

Flaffy

The whole head feels a bit off ngl. Not a fan of how conservative the brow horns are, particularly the short length and lack of significant downward curvature.

Episquamosal 1 (the topmost lateral frill spike) is also at an odd angle compared to both fossil material and most reconstructions. Should be more erect and splayed out rather than droopy as seen in the HLG figure.

Model of skull by Raul Ramos.

thomasw100

The next surprise and side dish has arrived. Great that they have made another ceratopsian that has been neglected for quite some time. I really like both color schemes. In particular I like that they have done away with these white wiggly lines that have been repeatedly criticized by a number of people. The sculpt looks really fine and nicely textured. Very much like the sculpt that we saw in the last PNSO ceratopsians such as Triceratops, Centrosaurus, Styracosaurus and Torosaurus.

EmperorDinobot

Yeah, it looks cute and friendly.

ceratopsian

Haolonggood listened to comments that the colour schemes were becoming rather similar!  And the "crocodile" scutes on the back are gone.  As a ceratopsian lover, thank you to V @vampiredesign for giving me another pair.  There's also a very attractive montage poster been produced.  One of their staff is excellent at creating these!

ceratopsian

vampiredesign

I am  "gladiator",Then let's have another side dish before the Chinese New Year.

Lynx

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 21, 2023, 08:30:55 AM

I was just looking for a Kosmoceratops! This is incredible! I'll add it to my wishlist, another amazing figure from HLG.
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Carnoking

Nitpicks be darned, I'm so excited for a model of my favorite ceratopsian!

bmathison1972

I don't have a Kosmoceratops yet, so I will probably get it. Does anyone know if this is 2023 or 2024?

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 21, 2023, 11:48:20 AMI don't have a Kosmoceratops yet, so I will probably get it. Does anyone know if this is 2023 or 2024?

It can already be ordered and the shipping information says it will be sent around December 25th :) .

Bread

Definitely sitting amongst my favorites from Haolonggood. I especially love that hint of blue on the orange variant.

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 21, 2023, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 21, 2023, 11:48:20 AMI don't have a Kosmoceratops yet, so I will probably get it. Does anyone know if this is 2023 or 2024?

It can already be ordered and the shipping information says it will be sent around December 25th :) .
Nice to wake up to this. I was really hoping for and even half-expecting another ceratopsian from HLG. Bravo!

SidB

I didn't hesitate to order the red with blue version from Lana.(Though the 'green' version tempted me more than a bit).

Jose S.M.

I like it a lot. Looks very friendly hahaha like it has some puppy vibe to its face. I've been waiting for another ceratopsian preferably from Safari but this one is pretty good.

Sim

I like this Kosmoceratops!  I just don't know which colouration to pick!  It's good to have another chasmosaurine get a good figure, centrosaurines have gotten more attention.

Faelrin

That's a nice surprise. I really like the red one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

It's always exciting to see another ceratopsian from HLG, this is a must have for me. I'm leaning towards the red one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: