News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 24, 2023, 08:55:25 AMI've pre-ordered the brown version. 

I would think that Lana would offer to change the order if you are not happy with the final paint scheme, they have offered that option in other cases as well.

ceratopsian

Thanks T @thomasw100. I'm pretty sure I've made the right choice.  The key is that I already have a blue 1:35 from Ademar.

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 24, 2023, 09:52:55 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 24, 2023, 08:55:25 AMI've pre-ordered the brown version. 

I would think that Lana would offer to change the order if you are not happy with the final paint scheme, they have offered that option in other cases as well.

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 24, 2023, 09:55:56 AMThanks T @thomasw100. I'm pretty sure I've made the right choice.  The key is that I already have a blue 1:35 from Ademar.

And who knows what next year will bring. The three remaining large sauropods from Haolonggood offer plenty of opportunities for nice paint schemes. In addition they may also release a few smaller sauropod species that were not even in the teaser with the four big ones.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras just posted some in hand photos of the Kosmoceratops. Looks even nicer than the promotional images I must say.

Duna

Wow, I must say it's much much nicer in the in hand photos, and that doesn't happen many times.
The red one is perfect but I'm tempted by the "volcanic" one.

ceratopsian

There is much more colour variation visible in the in-hand dark "volcanic" colour than in the promo images. Excellent!  Glad I ordered both!

thomasw100

Both color variants are really beautiful, and have a nice natural look with subtle color gradients. Having seen the in hand photos, I am now even more inclined to the red one. Obviously both would be worth the purchase, but space is becoming an issue with all these huge sauropods that are coming. I wonder how this Kosmoceratops will look along the PNSO ceratopsians?

dragon53

Since the colors for the Alamosaurus aren't set yet, I prefer the ORIGINAL A/blue version.

postsaurischian

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 24, 2023, 02:03:59 PM....... Obviously both would be worth the purchase, but space is becoming an issue with all these huge sauropods that are coming. .......

Don't worry! I guess about 4 or 5 of them would fit between the Alamosaurus' legs ;D .

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 24, 2023, 04:35:06 AMIf we don't see Blue/A before the deadline of Dec 30th I'll just go with B, we have seen part of it and it looked good.

I have done exactly this, because well, it looks good and because my Apatosaurus already is pretty blueish.
 I just wish I could get both pterosaurs >:(  ;D .

BlueKrono

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2023, 05:27:56 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 24, 2023, 04:35:06 AMIf we don't see Blue/A before the deadline of Dec 30th I'll just go with B, we have seen part of it and it looked good.

I have done exactly this, because well, it looks good and because my Apatosaurus already is pretty blueish.

Why can't you get both?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

postsaurischian

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 24, 2023, 05:38:54 PM

Why can't you get both?

Product information says that you'll get one randomly.

ceratopsian

I said exactly the same about wishing I could have both pterosaurs, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!

BlueKrono

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2023, 05:42:43 PM

Why can't you get both?

You're welcome to mine. I might even end up getting more than one.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

postsaurischian

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 24, 2023, 07:59:45 PM

Why can't you get both?

Seriously? That would be too nice of you :) . How come you might get more than one?

Bread

More likely than not, this will also be my choice. Purple is often ignored in large sauropods I feel as so.

TlatolophusJuanorum

I just pre-ordered the B Version for the Alamosaurus through Lana. Also I wanted to wish merry Christmas to everyone  :) it has been a great year for collectors. I hope also great in other things for you all.   :))

BlueKrono

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2023, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 24, 2023, 07:59:45 PM

Why can't you get both?

Seriously? That would be too nice of you :) . How come you might get more than one?

To get all three colors. 😬

thomasw100

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 25, 2023, 02:27:00 PMTo get all three colors. 😬

Are you planning to build a herd of them? Seriously I have been thinking of getting a repaint in the style of the PNSO Alamosaurus so the two would look like part of the same herd.

BlueKrono

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 25, 2023, 02:53:51 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 25, 2023, 02:27:00 PMTo get all three colors. 😬

Are you planning to build a herd of them? Seriously I have been thinking of getting a repaint in the style of the PNSO Alamosaurus so the two would look like part of the same herd.

A heard of three maybe. I collect sauropods with osteoderms. I got the PNSO earlier this month.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: